BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.0

on 6/12/2014 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to use this as my lazy day quick foundation. I found that it's very obvious and powdery which is nice if you want to photoshoot or something similar but it's horrible on those needed lazy days because it's too obvious. I also found it too small. It only last very few uses despite it's $50+ cost.

Not worth the money for the amount of applications.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I received this foundation in a sample pack from Benefit. Wow, it isn't often that I throughly dislike a product, but for this particular product, IMO, it is God awful. I don't like the color, texture, or finish.

I typically like most things from Benefit, but this was a real miss for me. Not sure what they were thinking when they created this, but it left a lot to be desired.

on 1/5/2014 4:26:00 PM

The only thing remotely close to a foundation I will put on my face. Also the most truly looking natural "foundation" I've ever come across. I detest foundation and don't wear it, I've spend insane amounts of money on foundation and no matter what it never looks natural. It definitely never feels natural, either. However this stuff is amazing. Unbelievably light, natural/matte finish, extremely smooth, and light coverage. It gets rid of any redness and still shows my freckles and my skin still shows through. Foundations are always so mask-like in appearance and feel, and this is the only one ive found in the past 3 years that makes me look natural and that isn't heavy. I've thought about trying Chanel's vitalumiere aqua ? It's supposed to be nice and light as well. I used this before I took accutane and still use it 2 years later, so it works for most skin types I think. It worked for me back when I had oily skin, and I still love it even though I have dry skin. If you're sick of heavy foundations and want something easy and natural, give this a try !

on 1/4/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the mini size of this in the "Primping With The Stars" kit and really liked it! I use it only to cover up pimple scars or redness (sensitive skin) and it does the job well. I like the whole cream to powder thing and it doesn't wear off easily like other concealers do. It is very easy to blend, and it doesn't take much product to do the job for me. I use this alone if I'm going casual and just wearing mascara, but if I'm getting a little more dolled up or if I'm out the whole day, I use it in combination with Stay Don't Stray primer. And they work together so well.
In terms of packaging I thought the design was cute. The mini size is perfect if you don't like carrying a whole lot of make up in your purse, and it lasts pretty long. The big one is a little huge and really pricey. I wish I could just buy the mini sized one.

All in all I really like it. And if it wasn't for the price I would definitely buy it again.

on 11/19/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG I absolutely hate this stuff! I mean HATE. It is supposed to be oil free but is sooooo greasy and heavy feeling I just can't stand it, and it NEVER sets! No matter how much powder or setting spray, it slides all over the place. Impossible to apply without looking streaky no matter what I use to apply. I bought this for a lighter coverage for casual, minimal makeup days, but for a light coverage foundation "faker", it is the heaviest feeling stuff I have ever put on my face, and I'm an Estée Lauder Doublewear, revlon colorstay, Kat Von D Lock It lover. Settles into fine lines, creases, pools up in pores, greasy looking, greasy feeling, blah coverage, doesn't blend well, sits on skin, never sets, just bad bad bad bad bad. I want to go wash my face just thinking about it!

on 10/22/2013 11:44:00 PM

I love this stuff. Except for a few things. I am a teenager on a tight budget. And oh dear Sephora, $36 won't cut it. I love the finish, but it must be set with a powder. I use a stipling brush for the foundation, then a huge fluffy brush for the powder. When you don't set this with powder, oh my goodness,it will come off. For example, my friend needed a quick coverup, and with my SKAG in my school bag, I handed it over for her to borrow. However, when i handed her the powder, she said she didn't need it. Alright sounds fine, right? well off we go to class, and us being the tired teens we are, she puts her head on her project that she is handing in that day. And when she lifted her head, there was skin coloured mess all over the front of her assignment. SO SET IT WITH A POWDER! I still find the price much too high, so if anyone every finds a drugstore or at least cheaper equivalent, PLEASE let me know.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was talked into buying this foundation from one of the girls working at the counter when purchasing some 'Hoola'. I was drawn to the packaging and hadn't ever had any problems when it came to Benefit cosmetics before and always liked their formulas so decided to give it a go. I applied this foundation over my usual primer and it went on perfectly. Spread even and gave me great coverage. I didn't apply any powder over it as I really liked the finish of the product on my skin. However a few hours later I clocked myself in the mirror and realised my previously 'perfectly' applied foundation was now patchy and dry. I couldn't believe it!! I was really disappointed but decided to give it another go as I am a true believer in giving everything a good go. The next time I applied this foundation I decided to use a powder over but I felt this ruined the finish of the foundation. The same thing happened again but this time it looked even worse and the powder had dried in with it and looked flaky and patchy. Perhaps this was just my skin as I know plenty of people who swear by this foundation. Hope this review helps anybody looking to purchase and perhaps ask one of the Benefit girls to apply it and call back to the counter a few hours later if pleased with the result.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use the product for my daily make up routine. The thing about this product is IF you put a lot on it WILL make your face look cakey. What I do is put on my foundation and then use my concealer brush (cause I don't like the sponge) and put only a little dap of this product here and there and blend. I love this product it doesn't cause acne to appear so thats good.

I used this (in Medium) for half a year and loved it at first as the lovely people in Ulta recommended it to me due to my combination skin. My skin's become drier the last year and so this ended up not doing anything for my dry patches. It does give a nice medium coverage for those in search of a creamy-med coverage foundation. I recommend using a lightly damp sponge or their applicator to apply. The packaging is adorable but it leaves it open for easy contamination/dust on the surface.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this product in a sample size from the cabana pack!! It felt really light on my skin and it was easy to apply!!! It felt kinda like a balm!!! I have really olly skin and it stayed put all day also it didn't look to greasy which I did expect!! This foundation didn't cover up my blemishs but did make them a tiny bit less prominent!!! It is quite pricy but worth it for a treat!!!

Popular Crème Foundations