benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.0

on 6/12/2014 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to use this as my lazy day quick foundation. I found that it's very obvious and powdery which is nice if you want to photoshoot or something similar but it's horrible on those needed lazy days because it's too obvious. I also found it too small. It only last very few uses despite it's $50+ cost.

Not worth the money for the amount of applications.

on 4/13/2012 2:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I was so super excited to try this. It had great reviews on the benefit website (but then it would!) But I've stopped using it and am giving it away if anyone is interested!
Pros:
-it made my skin loom pore-less; even close up in bright daylight with a hand mirror. . . .no pores!
-The packaging is really cute
Cons
-the colour was awful, just awful on me. I bought the lightest shade (they only have a few colour selections) as I'm quite pale, but it made me look yellow. . . . seriously, I looked jaundiced! Not to be put off (cos I was really digging the pore-less thing!) I tried so hard to make it work.. . . no deal, one of my work colleagues actually asked me one day if I was ill! :-(
-it's no good for oily skin. . . . I looked greasy after less than an hour! Again, I tired to make it work with matte makeup base, milk of magnesia. . . . . no joy.
-It broke me out. . . . pimples! I don't often get pimples; I've had issues with blackheads since my teens, but never crops of pimples. . . . this stuff changed all that. Nasty, ugly pimples!
-It's expensive. . . the amount in the compact is ridiculous for the price you pay

Like I said, I really wanted to like this. Alas, it's just one more product that I've been lured to by the 'hype'/ 'wow' factor that the company have somehow managed to create. Very disappointing! ;-(

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I wear this product in the color deep and it is the perfect shade for my skin. I'm an NW35 in MAC and for all of you NW35 ladies you know that foundation for us can be tricky because we have a heavier reddish undertone and often times foundation can make us look pasty/ ashy if the undertones of the foundation are too pink, or too yellow.

This foundation gives me a flawless finish and is sheer but can be built up. It is a creme to powder finish and it photographs well.

My only gripes with this product are that the price is a little steep for the amount of product (28$ for 0.34 oz), the packaging is juvenile (personal opinion), and the product has a faint powdery chemical smell.

Overall a good buy and I would repurchase

on 2/23/2010 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

When I first bought this I loved it (though I still have some but don't use it anymore, as the only type of foundation I put on my face these days is powder). It cost a lot but I liked the sheer effect that displayed both matteness & a certain quality of glow at the same time. Very easy to apply & blend, with no tell-tale demarkation lines btwn face & neck. It didn't build up on my face & it didn't settle into my big pores or lines. Never looked cakey. It's silky & velvety all in one. Wearing this did actually make me feel some kinda gorgeous! But it did so in a very natural, not-made-up way. I'd buy this again if I still used non-powder types of foundation. I just don't spend the time to use these products anymore. Pressed powder does the job for me now, it's a great deal simpler.
Maybe I'll change my mind & buy it again one day.....

on 7/17/2008 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I loved this when I first got it. I saw videos on QVC as was also skeptical on how it would match every skintone (odd how they brought out a deep version!) but ordered it anyway. This was last summer and so it actually matched my skintone at the time very well, I would describe it as medium to medium-tan. It also makes your skin feel gorgeous, really soft and velvetty.

However I did go through it very quickly and soon bought another, and another! My only problem with this, other than the fact that it is far too orange for my skin in winter, is that it causes me to breakout. I tried this again a couple of days ago and sure enough after the second day of wear I had developed some of those painful lumpy under the skin spots around my jaw line.

All in all, this is a good product if your skin is medium all year round and dry as this product is very moisturising. It doesn't cause my sister to breakout so I guess that aspect varies from person to person. Don't write it off completely because of the bad reviews though, give it a go and make up your own mind.