BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.3

on 1/4/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the mini size of this in the "Primping With The Stars" kit and really liked it! I use it only to cover up pimple scars or redness (sensitive skin) and it does the job well. I like the whole cream to powder thing and it doesn't wear off easily like other concealers do. It is very easy to blend, and it doesn't take much product to do the job for me. I use this alone if I'm going casual and just wearing mascara, but if I'm getting a little more dolled up or if I'm out the whole day, I use it in combination with Stay Don't Stray primer. And they work together so well.
In terms of packaging I thought the design was cute. The mini size is perfect if you don't like carrying a whole lot of make up in your purse, and it lasts pretty long. The big one is a little huge and really pricey. I wish I could just buy the mini sized one.

All in all I really like it. And if it wasn't for the price I would definitely buy it again.

on 1/17/2013 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

At first I didn't like this product but once I played around with it, I really like it. What I like is it doesn't feel like your wearing makeup and it gives your face a silky even complexion. Sometimes I wear it over That Gal brightening face primer and it gives you such a perfect looking face. I don't use the sponge that comes with it because I just feel like it soaks up all the product and it doesn't give me a good finish. I use a good flat top buffer brush to do the job and I get no dry patches. I got dry patches when I wasn't well moisturized/primed and used the sponge that comes with it but as long as you do the basics it works for me.The bad thing about it is it smells bad but the smell doesn't linger.

on 6/8/2012 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh, wow did I hate this product! First, I have this issue with Benefit's "One shade fits all mentality" on their skin toned products. I am fair and this was not only way too dark (although the consultant swore it would work for me), it was also way too yellow/orange for my more neutral skin tone. You also have to pack this on to get any coverage even sheer/light and they don't give you much more than a "delux sample" amount of product for the price. All in all? Way too expensive for the result. Won't buy again and don't recommend.

on 1/28/2012 3:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I totally forgot owning this. I ordered it when there was only 1 shade fits all; not true. I had no memory how it was; quess I tried once. My skin is now in pretty good condition; bit uneven, minor redness. I put Diorskin Nude Glow complexion enhancer 001 (apricot tone) over moisturizer to even skintone. With same brush Sigma F80 I started buffing this very creamy thing into skin. At first it seemed to not cover anything. Took more to brush and started buffing and buffing.. Finally it gave enough coverage for me. But my dehydrated-combo skin looked very greasy and about a shade too dark. Maybe Nude Glow under played a part. I used Stila Illuminating powder fndn in 20 watts to set it and make it look lighter. 20 watts is very light and odd shade imo. And I didn`t remember owning it either:). I was organazing my stash. With the Stila on top it looked better and wearable. Lasting power was ok, about 8h without touch-ups. I`m not that impressed. It`s not great or bad just ok. I probably forget it again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I tried experimenting with this a few times but I wouldn't recommend it for people with dry/combination skin. I think if you have perfect skin it will work really well evening out the color of your skin. But if you have redness, acne, or blemishes, this foundation will have little coverage and you'll end up using a lot of concealer to attempt a perfect face. It goes on smooth, but ends up caking and drying quickly. I guess it's good on the go or if you're planning to stay the night somewhere and aren't taking a makeup bag with you. Good for touch-ups, not as a foundation.

on 10/20/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy using this product. Granted, it's very light coverage and my skin needs a little more so I do use a powder over it (Merle Norman Luxiva Powder Foundation). But, it's a great base and smoother. That's really what I love about Benefit products, in general. They can help you fake it even if you're having some skin issues (dryness, splotchiness, redness, etc). This is a great smoother, but not a standalone for me. I still really like it.

on 10/7/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First of all, I truly thought this product was a concealer and not a foundation. Oops! That said, I'm writing this as a review of this Some Kind-A-Gorgeous as a concealer so here goes:

This is one of those products that I purchased while on the line to pay for other products at Sephora. Those little items for ten dollars and under--well, I'm a sucker for them! Anyway, I had purchased this thinking it was a concealer. It went into my stash of products and was left unnoticed and forgotten........
Now that the Fall is here and I've changed up my makeup in anticipation of cold weather--you know...replacing powders with creams--blah, blah, blah....I re-discovered this! Normally, I had been using BE's. "Well-Rested" as a concealer, but now that it is dry skin season, I've gotta put the powder away till next Spring.
My erase paste is hitting pan so I figured I would try Some Kind A Gorgeous out. WOW!! I was impressed. Those bluish areas in the corner of my inner eye--right next to my nose are gone. Covered! Viola!
Sweet. I'm happy. I did not give this five lipsticks b/c I truly did not realize it was a foundation so that is minus a lipstick for me.
The price was ok on this b/c I got it for $10.00, however, the regular price is not so cheap, but then again, a little goes a long way. Packaging is very good. I did state that I would repurchase--I'll tell you it will be between this and Erase paste and this may win out b/c it isn't as thick as EP. We'll see.
I do recommend this as a concealer because it does conceal very well and it goes on nice and creamy without dissappearing.
Nice product!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

based on the mixed reviews, i wasn't sure if i'd like this. i did pick up the mini $9 size of this at sephora in medium. i'm shocked. i find that this covers minor imperfections quite well and doesn't look greasy at all (like i thought it would). It even out skintone perfectly. My only gripe is, that I need to use quite a bit to get the desired coverage that I like, and I find that this won't last long at all. I gave 4/5 stars because of that fact that I can see this being used up quickly, even in the full size. It can get quite expensive to keep purchasing this. The packaging is super duper cute as usual for Benefit. i may buy again, but this isn't something i can afford to use every day

on 3/3/2011 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

When I wore this, people asked me if I'd been tanning. That suggests to me that my skin colour looked different. I guess one shade doesn't fit all.

on 7/23/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This doesn't really give much coverage and it sort of dried out my skin. The color is awfully orange for me. I'm glad I got it in a kit, and didn't purchase the full size.