benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.7

on 6/8/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Much like Bo-ing! I find this product too oily and think on your skin. Good coverage but I find it almost impossible to not look cakey wearing this.

on 1/5/2014 4:26:00 PM

The only thing remotely close to a foundation I will put on my face. Also the most truly looking natural "foundation" I've ever come across. I detest foundation and don't wear it, I've spend insane amounts of money on foundation and no matter what it never looks natural. It definitely never feels natural, either. However this stuff is amazing. Unbelievably light, natural/matte finish, extremely smooth, and light coverage. It gets rid of any redness and still shows my freckles and my skin still shows through. Foundations are always so mask-like in appearance and feel, and this is the only one ive found in the past 3 years that makes me look natural and that isn't heavy. I've thought about trying Chanel's vitalumiere aqua ? It's supposed to be nice and light as well. I used this before I took accutane and still use it 2 years later, so it works for most skin types I think. It worked for me back when I had oily skin, and I still love it even though I have dry skin. If you're sick of heavy foundations and want something easy and natural, give this a try !

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was talked into buying this foundation from one of the girls working at the counter when purchasing some 'Hoola'. I was drawn to the packaging and hadn't ever had any problems when it came to Benefit cosmetics before and always liked their formulas so decided to give it a go. I applied this foundation over my usual primer and it went on perfectly. Spread even and gave me great coverage. I didn't apply any powder over it as I really liked the finish of the product on my skin. However a few hours later I clocked myself in the mirror and realised my previously 'perfectly' applied foundation was now patchy and dry. I couldn't believe it!! I was really disappointed but decided to give it another go as I am a true believer in giving everything a good go. The next time I applied this foundation I decided to use a powder over but I felt this ruined the finish of the foundation. The same thing happened again but this time it looked even worse and the powder had dried in with it and looked flaky and patchy. Perhaps this was just my skin as I know plenty of people who swear by this foundation. Hope this review helps anybody looking to purchase and perhaps ask one of the Benefit girls to apply it and call back to the counter a few hours later if pleased with the result.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

PROS: You can get even, full coverage from just a small amount of the product. A little goes a long way with this one! Additionally, the unique formula goes from a cream to a silky powder in no time at all.

CONS: It made my face look greasy, oily, shiny -- whatever you want to call it, that's what this product did to me. There was a strange smell to it as well, and it managed to look makeup-y on my skin, even though the packaging promised something more natural.

I'm so glad that I received this as a sample instead of buying it. I'm not a foundation girl to begin with, and Some Kind-A Gorgeous really cemented that for me (even though it's a "foundation faker"). None of the colors seem to meet the requirements of my skin tone and the greasiness was a huge turn-off. While I really wanted to like it, I just didn't, but maybe this will work for others.

on 7/5/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after being convinced in a department store that it was some kind of miracle! The beautician applied it to my face after commenting how terrible my skin looked. ::how rude:: In the store lighting it didn't look bad on my face and I thought it blended well. Big mistake. I went home and redid my makeup. It looked fine at first but after going outside and looking in my rearview mirror I realized what a dreadful mistake I made. It caked into my pores and made my skin really greasy. the color looked miserable on my skin. It sits in lines and gets more oily hour by hour. I used oil blotters the entire night trying to keep my grease at bay.

on 2/29/2012 11:58:00 PM

Cute packaging but horrible product. Only three shades and I feel I'm in the middle of the two lighter shades. Number 1 is too light and Number 2 looks orange on me. Not worth the money to buy two to mix them. Shows my dry patches and it can make me look greasy. Both aren't good. Went back to Sephora!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Worst foundation ever..it's greasy, oily, heavy, orangy but the worst is that products offers no coverage. DO NOT BUY THIS. what a waste of money !

on 8/25/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product a few months ago. After applying I thought it looked good, but when I looked in the mirror a few hours later I found that it made my pores more noticeable. It made my face appear as though I had wrinkles and fine lines (I'm 24, wth?). My face did break out a bit but I'm not sure if it was caused by this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want a pretty pricey compact mirror, this one is for you. Its color changes to some dark orange on my skin right after I put on. It covers nothing, doesn't neutralize my skin tone, and it has absolutely no staying power.

on 1/2/2011 6:47:00 AM

i use this product regularly but its not that great, it is a nice light foundation for day time but it gets rubbed off with wear easily and i reapply a few times so it gets used up very quickly! not very good value for the price tbh! it does come with a large mirror inside the lid and applicator sponge, the packageing is funky but i wont waste my money on this again