benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.7

I don't understand why people are being so negative about this product!
It's amazing! I have a combo skin that is medium toned and this product is just a life saver!
I apply this with a beauty blender and then over it I apply powder. It gives me just enough coverage and leaves my skin smooth and silky, the product is very oily when on your finger but when applied to your face it becomes silky and smooth just like the porefessional expect its a cream formula!!
If you have severe acne or just a lot of acne this is not enough coverage as it is a lightweight, it gives just enough coverage to the girls who have little spots and zits now and then but otherwise perfect skin
I love this and I am definitely going to buy more!

on 6/8/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Much like Bo-ing! I find this product too oily and think on your skin. Good coverage but I find it almost impossible to not look cakey wearing this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I received this foundation in a sample pack from Benefit. Wow, it isn't often that I throughly dislike a product, but for this particular product, IMO, it is God awful. I don't like the color, texture, or finish.

I typically like most things from Benefit, but this was a real miss for me. Not sure what they were thinking when they created this, but it left a lot to be desired.

on 1/5/2014 4:26:00 PM

The only thing remotely close to a foundation I will put on my face. Also the most truly looking natural "foundation" I've ever come across. I detest foundation and don't wear it, I've spend insane amounts of money on foundation and no matter what it never looks natural. It definitely never feels natural, either. However this stuff is amazing. Unbelievably light, natural/matte finish, extremely smooth, and light coverage. It gets rid of any redness and still shows my freckles and my skin still shows through. Foundations are always so mask-like in appearance and feel, and this is the only one ive found in the past 3 years that makes me look natural and that isn't heavy. I've thought about trying Chanel's vitalumiere aqua ? It's supposed to be nice and light as well. I used this before I took accutane and still use it 2 years later, so it works for most skin types I think. It worked for me back when I had oily skin, and I still love it even though I have dry skin. If you're sick of heavy foundations and want something easy and natural, give this a try !

on 11/13/2013 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is one of those makeup product that either you love it or hate it,nothing in the middle. I have oily t-zone but normal on the rest of my face but foundation even if I set it with powder it will look patchy on my cheeks. The coverage is sheer to light. Also for how much you will need to use it,this product runs out quickly making it very expensive to use it on a daily basis. Will never repurchase.

This is the only Benefit product I have ever bought that I have HATED! I just don't get how this could be good. ( and I have A LOT of their collections and love everything I have ever bought with the exception of porefessional - but that's just "meh" rather than hate)

I have combination skin with some occasional dry patches just above and below my mouth. This product clings like nothing else making these spots look horrendous. The sponge it comes with puts the product on too thickly and does not blend well. it gives me a chalky "cake face" appearance with the smallest amount of product. If you blend it very (VERY) well it can look ok from a distance but as soon as you look at yourself in the mirror you can see the product sitting on the skin, settling into any imperfection.

I have used this on top of porefessional, smashbox primer, bare face and on top of oxygen wow foundation - same horrible results every time. I even checked out youtube to see if I was applying incorrectly.

I will most likely de pot this product and THROW IT AWAY and put something else in the compact which is the only redeeming feature of this product.

I wish I was in the US where you can return products to stores like Sephora but alas I bought the product directly from the benefit website and their response to my feedback was "We have forwarded your feedback to our product development team for further consideration."

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was talked into buying this foundation from one of the girls working at the counter when purchasing some 'Hoola'. I was drawn to the packaging and hadn't ever had any problems when it came to Benefit cosmetics before and always liked their formulas so decided to give it a go. I applied this foundation over my usual primer and it went on perfectly. Spread even and gave me great coverage. I didn't apply any powder over it as I really liked the finish of the product on my skin. However a few hours later I clocked myself in the mirror and realised my previously 'perfectly' applied foundation was now patchy and dry. I couldn't believe it!! I was really disappointed but decided to give it another go as I am a true believer in giving everything a good go. The next time I applied this foundation I decided to use a powder over but I felt this ruined the finish of the foundation. The same thing happened again but this time it looked even worse and the powder had dried in with it and looked flaky and patchy. Perhaps this was just my skin as I know plenty of people who swear by this foundation. Hope this review helps anybody looking to purchase and perhaps ask one of the Benefit girls to apply it and call back to the counter a few hours later if pleased with the result.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I hate to stand out from the crowd here, but I absolutely hate this product.
If you have dry skin, it is not for you. It really dried out my face and clung to the patches of dry skin even if I used moisturiser. The coverage certainly wasn't enough, it didn't cover up any of my blemishes/imperfections. Also, I have fair skin and the lightest shade was really yellow. I don't recommend this product and wouldn't buy it again.

on 1/8/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually like this. Don't use too much, if I do it makes my skin looks old :-(
But when I use a blending brush and blend it, it looks really nice. I have the color medium and I am an nc20/25. I said yes to if I would buy this again but i'm not sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It took me a while to figure out what a "foundation faker" even is. Then I tried it one night (it came with a box set I got from BeneFit) when I wanted to snap a few pictures for Facebook and didn't want to waste some of my more expensive foundation just for that. The coverage is so-so, but I couldn't get past the smell. It has a heavy, foul, chemical smell. It felt greasy and heavy on my skin. Between that and the vile smell, I couldn't wait to get it off my face.