benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 11/17/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is VERY greasy and oily and does not offer very good coverage. I hate the consistency. It's not even creamy--it's oily. I am glad I did not buy the big size. I got it in a trial kit and will not be purchasing it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really know where to begin. If I could give this a zero, I would.

It's a very greasy formula which is really horrible to apply. It feels like applying a thick oil on your skin and it just sort of sits there... until it inevitably slides away that is.

In my oily areas, this actually congealed. This looks horrific, as you can imagine.

It offers almost zero coverage and doesn't build at all. Rather like applying oil to oil... it just melts into a big puddle on your face.

So bad, I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy...

on 5/8/2014 11:21:00 AM

This foundation is terrible. The color matched OK, and I did like that it's pretty portable being a solid foundation in a little pan. However that doesn't matter because the foundation itself is awful. It starts out looking dewy, or possibly greasy if you went heavy, with OK coverage. Then after it dries it makes my face look horribly dry and uneven again. I had just moisturized with Tarte Marajuca Oil and I don't have dry skin regardless so I was unhappy to see how dry and flaky it ended up looking. I tried to save it by adding another drop of marajuca oil and rubbing it into the areas that looked super dry, but it didn't do anything other than completely break down any coverage that was left. I don't know why I keep trying Benefit products. I've hated most of them.

I have always been slightly obsessed with Benefit, but due to its price and my tight budget I only buy their products about once a year or so. Usually I buy their blushers but decided to try something new so grabbed this.

I actually really liked this product. I have VERY pale skin and often struggle to find a foundation light enough for me. This one was perfect. I apply it all over my face with the sponge, and on areas which need more coverage I go over it again with my fingers. I then apply a little concealer under my eyes and set with powder and it stays there all day long. It looks super natural. I think that this is a very light coverage; my skin is in pretty good condition, but even I need some additional coverage in some place. But it certainly evens out my skin tone as well as making my face feel very soft. I love this product and will always repurchase!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love benefit, but not this one. It goes on WAY to powdery on the skin, and it looks fake. It doesn't blend perfectly like Hello flawless, and it does not give you a natural look. The light one is too light, and the medium a bit to orange and dark. Øv øv!

on 11/23/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a small version of this at Sephora and liked it so much I bought the regular size.

I can see where younger people might not like it, because it may be a bit oily for oily skin.

For me it is perfect, goes on like a cream and sets quickly to a dry finish. Very smooth.

The only problem is that it doesn't last long and wears off quickly. I'm going to try it with a finishing spray and see if I can get more life out of it.

It is very light and smooth and at least on my skin gives a great no makeup look. Not like any other product I can compare it to.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Cute packaging.
Cute idea.

Horrible makeup.

More cake than a bakery.
Greasier than a burger-joint deep-fryer.
A T-Zone you need ice-skates to navigate.
More pimples than a junior Homecoming dance.
Super fast and orange oxidisation that puts the oomph into Oompa Loompa.

Really? BeneFit. I am very disappointed.
Terrible, terrible grease like pore clogging substance.
I really wouldn't advise it, not unless you want that greasy orange broken out look.

You're better off rubbing your face with low-end dollar store concealer stick that's been diluted with crisco.

on 10/22/2013 11:44:00 PM

I love this stuff. Except for a few things. I am a teenager on a tight budget. And oh dear Sephora, $36 won't cut it. I love the finish, but it must be set with a powder. I use a stipling brush for the foundation, then a huge fluffy brush for the powder. When you don't set this with powder, oh my goodness,it will come off. For example, my friend needed a quick coverup, and with my SKAG in my school bag, I handed it over for her to borrow. However, when i handed her the powder, she said she didn't need it. Alright sounds fine, right? well off we go to class, and us being the tired teens we are, she puts her head on her project that she is handing in that day. And when she lifted her head, there was skin coloured mess all over the front of her assignment. SO SET IT WITH A POWDER! I still find the price much too high, so if anyone every finds a drugstore or at least cheaper equivalent, PLEASE let me know.

I really tried to love this product. My skin felt amazing with it on and I feel it blends great. This is not a product for imperfections although it did even out my skin tone it would be considered a light coverage.

My main complaint is that the product literally was empty within 2 weeks of using it once a day if that. For the price, it really is not worth it and I will find something else that lasts longer for the price.

on 6/2/2013 4:37:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE. blends like a dream, does not break me out and this is the only foundation that does not oil my skin up even after being drenched in sweat under the scorching sun. coverage is light but good enough for me (fyi i have acne and hyperpigmentation here and there too but a little concealer over it does the job). love that it's oil free, lasting power terrific AS LONG AS u use a setting powder over it. like other benefit's products it's pricey, have yet to consider whether its price is worth me repurchasing... though quality wise this is fantastic.