BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this in medium and it would be great if I was just a little bit tanner. I don't think they make it any more, so I guess I'll never know if the lighter shade would work for me. I do like the idea of a non-foundation foundation, though. I feel like I got oily quicker with this, though. One other thing I didn't like about this product was a very chemical-like smell, like motor oil or something.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Easily one of the worst foundations for oily skin that I've tried. I got this in a set in the shade Medium, which from the pan looks rather dark and orange for my yellow-olive, NC25 skin, but I suppose that doesn't matter, because it offers very little coverage. Texture wise, it's initially thin and very greasy. Once applied, it dries to a finish that is powdery and yet still feels slippery; it doesn't exactly set but rather sits on top of your skin. I used to think that Maybelline Fit Me was the oiliest foundation out there, but this definitely broke the record. Because of the texture, I have to use a TON of powder to set Some Kind-a Gorgeous; this keeps the product in place, but it feels heavy and just plain gross. It may work for dry-skinned individuals who already have fairly even-toned skin, but I'm quite the opposite of that. I almost always try finding alternative uses for products that I don't like, but this may very well go into the garbage bin unfinished.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

No sir, I don't like it. You'd be better off wearing a BB Cream to achieve the effect that this product is supposed to give. And what in the world is up with the awful smell?

on 2/9/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a foundation that only looks good on a few...and just does not react with some people's skin types very well. Most especially for those that have dry skin like myself, now I am too pale for this product, the color selection for this product...not so good.

Despite this looking bad on dry skin (shows off any dry patches) it also tends to break down quite quickly on the skin for those that are oily.

The compact is pretty cute, but cute packaging isn't worthy of buying a product. For me this is completely a fail.

on 1/17/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is great. It is extremely sheer but it still provides some coverage, looks natural on skin and covers pores flawlessly. It is a perfect no-makeup foundation! Not a fan of the smell, I don't know why but it makes me gag sometimes. You hit the pan fairly quickly and I blame the large puff for this. Another problem I have with it is that it is EXTREMELY drying! I have flakes and this does everything it can to accentuate the flakes for that perfect dehydrated patchy look (score!). I do have problems with flaking with other foundations too, so I wasn't too harsh and took only one lippy off because other than that it's an amazing foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really love benefit products, and this is my go-to foundation during cooler months (which is most of the year in chicago). the color works well with my medium-ish complexion and has never made me break out, but it does leave me a bit shiny when the temperature rises and i get more oily. i wear it with benefit's that gal(!) primer and a bit of sugarbomb blush, which gives me a healthy glow when the winter is dragging me down. i apply with a makeup sponge and never use the sponge included with the compact (i was never able to get a smooth finish with the included sponge. plus.... dragging the same sponge across my face 100 times sounds as gross as it is). totally recommended.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have such a like/hate relationship with this product. Being one of the few higher-end impulse buys I've ever made, I almost feel like I'm just trying to convince myself it's a good product. My shade is in medium, which is a bit dark for me but is fine in the summer and also because the coverage is light. The texture of the product is definitely a cream that dries down into a powdery finish. When Benefit claims that this is a foundation faker, I think it's actually a fair claim. The semi-powdery finish does make it look like you're wearing some kind of perfecting product on your face but it feels and looks reasonably sheer. Oil control is not great at all but it feels weird to set this with powder because it already has a powdery finish.

Overall, I think this is something to put on your face when you want your skin tone to be evened out without a foundation. I somehow managed to hit pan on this product in a month by using the sponge included. If you want to save some product use your fingers to apply because the sponge just eats up the product. I wouldn't repurchase because at this price range you can buy great sheerer coverage face products that have better oil control. While I think it somewhat lived up to its claims, I would only consider this product if the price were brought down to $15-20 continued >>

on 2/16/2012 3:44:00 PM

Smells funky like burning plastic or laboratory antiseptic. Gets all funked up with dust and lint.

Nice smooth finish. Cute packaging. Sheer coverage. Will continue to use but probably will not rebuy.

on 1/7/2012 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Bad, BAD foundation! My color is the medium one, and it looks orange-ey. I put some as a conceale over a few spots and I turned back and 3 minutes later it seemed to have already came off some! Bad coverage, bad color, bad price...bad product.

on 1/7/2012 11:10:00 AM

I totally agree with the last reviewer. Horrible... simply horrible. Very greasy and no coverage. I don't know why I bought this. I can't even believe they sell it! Don't buy this.