benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this in medium and it would be great if I was just a little bit tanner. I don't think they make it any more, so I guess I'll never know if the lighter shade would work for me. I do like the idea of a non-foundation foundation, though. I feel like I got oily quicker with this, though. One other thing I didn't like about this product was a very chemical-like smell, like motor oil or something.

I don't understand why people are being so negative about this product!
It's amazing! I have a combo skin that is medium toned and this product is just a life saver!
I apply this with a beauty blender and then over it I apply powder. It gives me just enough coverage and leaves my skin smooth and silky, the product is very oily when on your finger but when applied to your face it becomes silky and smooth just like the porefessional expect its a cream formula!!
If you have severe acne or just a lot of acne this is not enough coverage as it is a lightweight, it gives just enough coverage to the girls who have little spots and zits now and then but otherwise perfect skin
I love this and I am definitely going to buy more!

on 11/17/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is VERY greasy and oily and does not offer very good coverage. I hate the consistency. It's not even creamy--it's oily. I am glad I did not buy the big size. I got it in a trial kit and will not be purchasing it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really know where to begin. If I could give this a zero, I would.

It's a very greasy formula which is really horrible to apply. It feels like applying a thick oil on your skin and it just sort of sits there... until it inevitably slides away that is.

In my oily areas, this actually congealed. This looks horrific, as you can imagine.

It offers almost zero coverage and doesn't build at all. Rather like applying oil to oil... it just melts into a big puddle on your face.

So bad, I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy...

on 5/8/2014 11:21:00 AM

This foundation is terrible. The color matched OK, and I did like that it's pretty portable being a solid foundation in a little pan. However that doesn't matter because the foundation itself is awful. It starts out looking dewy, or possibly greasy if you went heavy, with OK coverage. Then after it dries it makes my face look horribly dry and uneven again. I had just moisturized with Tarte Marajuca Oil and I don't have dry skin regardless so I was unhappy to see how dry and flaky it ended up looking. I tried to save it by adding another drop of marajuca oil and rubbing it into the areas that looked super dry, but it didn't do anything other than completely break down any coverage that was left. I don't know why I keep trying Benefit products. I've hated most of them.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Easily one of the worst foundations for oily skin that I've tried. I got this in a set in the shade Medium, which from the pan looks rather dark and orange for my yellow-olive, NC25 skin, but I suppose that doesn't matter, because it offers very little coverage. Texture wise, it's initially thin and very greasy. Once applied, it dries to a finish that is powdery and yet still feels slippery; it doesn't exactly set but rather sits on top of your skin. I used to think that Maybelline Fit Me was the oiliest foundation out there, but this definitely broke the record. Because of the texture, I have to use a TON of powder to set Some Kind-a Gorgeous; this keeps the product in place, but it feels heavy and just plain gross. It may work for dry-skinned individuals who already have fairly even-toned skin, but I'm quite the opposite of that. I almost always try finding alternative uses for products that I don't like, but this may very well go into the garbage bin unfinished.

I have combination skin and this product brought out the oil and I stayed shiny all day no matter if I patted my face with a small amount of powder. I would recommend if you have dry skin and need the creamy oil back into your skin.

on 1/5/2014 12:26:00 AM

100% one of my beauty must haves! Very smooth and creamy and gives the face a more natural look. If your on the go and just a light foundation that evens out your skin and makes you look almost flawless this is for you. On my days where I just want to do a few steps this my go to. It is probably not for girls with oily acne prone skin but you can try if you like it's just not very matte however it's not super dewy either.

on 11/23/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a small version of this at Sephora and liked it so much I bought the regular size.

I can see where younger people might not like it, because it may be a bit oily for oily skin.

For me it is perfect, goes on like a cream and sets quickly to a dry finish. Very smooth.

The only problem is that it doesn't last long and wears off quickly. I'm going to try it with a finishing spray and see if I can get more life out of it.

It is very light and smooth and at least on my skin gives a great no makeup look. Not like any other product I can compare it to.

on 11/13/2013 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is one of those makeup product that either you love it or hate it,nothing in the middle. I have oily t-zone but normal on the rest of my face but foundation even if I set it with powder it will look patchy on my cheeks. The coverage is sheer to light. Also for how much you will need to use it,this product runs out quickly making it very expensive to use it on a daily basis. Will never repurchase.