benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.9

I have a very fair complexion, with oily T-zone and patches of red and flaky skin around my nose. I got the lightest shade of Some kind of gorgeous. I am extremely disappointed with it, as it clings to each single imperfection on the skin , making it absolutely obvious instead of hiding it or at least minimizing it. The only areas where it is somewhat usable are the flawless areas of the cheeks and might work as dark circles concealer if you don't have wrinkles. I found it working better on flawless skin OVER a good primer (I use Too Faced primed & poreless pure). I do not recommend it under any circumstance for skin with imperfections or wrinkles.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I hate to stand out from the crowd here, but I absolutely hate this product.
If you have dry skin, it is not for you. It really dried out my face and clung to the patches of dry skin even if I used moisturiser. The coverage certainly wasn't enough, it didn't cover up any of my blemishes/imperfections. Also, I have fair skin and the lightest shade was really yellow. I don't recommend this product and wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

PROS: You can get even, full coverage from just a small amount of the product. A little goes a long way with this one! Additionally, the unique formula goes from a cream to a silky powder in no time at all.

CONS: It made my face look greasy, oily, shiny -- whatever you want to call it, that's what this product did to me. There was a strange smell to it as well, and it managed to look makeup-y on my skin, even though the packaging promised something more natural.

I'm so glad that I received this as a sample instead of buying it. I'm not a foundation girl to begin with, and Some Kind-A Gorgeous really cemented that for me (even though it's a "foundation faker"). None of the colors seem to meet the requirements of my skin tone and the greasiness was a huge turn-off. While I really wanted to like it, I just didn't, but maybe this will work for others.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really love benefit products, and this is my go-to foundation during cooler months (which is most of the year in chicago). the color works well with my medium-ish complexion and has never made me break out, but it does leave me a bit shiny when the temperature rises and i get more oily. i wear it with benefit's that gal(!) primer and a bit of sugarbomb blush, which gives me a healthy glow when the winter is dragging me down. i apply with a makeup sponge and never use the sponge included with the compact (i was never able to get a smooth finish with the included sponge. plus.... dragging the same sponge across my face 100 times sounds as gross as it is). totally recommended.

on 3/18/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I'm honestly surprised by all the bad reviews. I was at Sephora one day and like always, was stalking the Benefit section. After almost an hour of deliberating, I decided that the Some Kind-a-gorgeous deserved a place in my shopping bag. Not to mention it is PERFECT for spring, because it's a creme foundation with a lightweight feel, and I had wanted a creme foundation that was light enough for spring but would cover my discoloration. This is it. The shade medium is the absolute perfect color of my skin which is amazing considering there's only 3 shades available. I hate liquid foundations because they are too thick and powder foundations feel cakey on me. So creme was my last option. The packaging is absolutely adorable(again constant in Benefit products) and it comes with a lot of product so I think this will last me a while.I am still intrigued with the way this applies. When I put some on the tips of my finger, it's a creamy consistency but when I apply it on my face it goes on like powder. How cool is that? After testing out numerous ways of applying this my study concludes that indeed, the packaging on the bottom is correct, and applying with your fingers gives the best look. This doesn't rub off on my fingers when I touch my face-bad habit- so that's awesome. Overall, this is my go-to foundation for spring and I will absolutely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the products I regret buying, it was greasy and didn't have any coverage. It wipes off so easily that it transfered onto anything I touched. Its probably good for someone who has really good skin as it didn't cover well at all for me. Definitely won't repurchase

on 10/18/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Incredible! I know it's a foundation faker, but this works great as a concealer too! I keep this in my purse at all times because it's great as an all in one, concealer/foundation/powder :)

on 9/5/2011 12:16:00 AM

I am surprised by the low reviews here. I actually like the product. It gives me medium coverage, and applies smooth and easy (I use brush, not the little sponge it comes with). It is very creamy, which is what my dry skin needs. My face doesn't flake after few hours of wearing it. Makes my skin dewey.

Bad part though, I haven't used it every day since I got it, but I think it might be causing me to break out, which is a real bummer. Will update as soon as I know for sure. Also, it does have a strong fragrance (nothing off putting, just a concern for us with sensitive skins).

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

based on the mixed reviews, i wasn't sure if i'd like this. i did pick up the mini $9 size of this at sephora in medium. i'm shocked. i find that this covers minor imperfections quite well and doesn't look greasy at all (like i thought it would). It even out skintone perfectly. My only gripe is, that I need to use quite a bit to get the desired coverage that I like, and I find that this won't last long at all. I gave 4/5 stars because of that fact that I can see this being used up quickly, even in the full size. It can get quite expensive to keep purchasing this. The packaging is super duper cute as usual for Benefit. i may buy again, but this isn't something i can afford to use every day

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my first foundation ever. I bought it at Sephora and I thought it gave me decent coverage. My skin looked even and I think it covered most blemishes but overall the coverage wasn't that great. It made my skin look dull. The worst part was the creamy formula that felt like grease on my face after a day at school. It broke me out a ton and the coverage wasn't good enough for the breakouts. It only comes in two shades and one was too orange and the other made me look ghostly. It runs out really fast and feels heavy on your face. Not a good buy although I did repurchase it once because I didn't know there were better things out there.