benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.9

on 11/19/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG I absolutely hate this stuff! I mean HATE. It is supposed to be oil free but is sooooo greasy and heavy feeling I just can't stand it, and it NEVER sets! No matter how much powder or setting spray, it slides all over the place. Impossible to apply without looking streaky no matter what I use to apply. I bought this for a lighter coverage for casual, minimal makeup days, but for a light coverage foundation "faker", it is the heaviest feeling stuff I have ever put on my face, and I'm an Estée Lauder Doublewear, revlon colorstay, Kat Von D Lock It lover. Settles into fine lines, creases, pools up in pores, greasy looking, greasy feeling, blah coverage, doesn't blend well, sits on skin, never sets, just bad bad bad bad bad. I want to go wash my face just thinking about it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most natural foundation on me. Fortunately it is a perfect color match for my skin. It give me a natural even matte look. I love it but it runs out so quickly and it is so expensive. It starts off cream then sets matte/powdery; medium shade is great for my oily NC25/30 skin. I always have a backup.

on 10/20/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy using this product. Granted, it's very light coverage and my skin needs a little more so I do use a powder over it (Merle Norman Luxiva Powder Foundation). But, it's a great base and smoother. That's really what I love about Benefit products, in general. They can help you fake it even if you're having some skin issues (dryness, splotchiness, redness, etc). This is a great smoother, but not a standalone for me. I still really like it.

on 11/21/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am looking for a good cream foundation, however this is not it. The coverage is horrible and it contributes to the oiliness of my skin. I returned it...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why but I always seem to be disappointed by benefit foundations. I bought this when it first came out after testing it at the counder. I loved it initially as it felt super silky and smooth on my skin. However I soon found out that I had to use loads of it just to get a half decent coverage so it didn't last very long. I also found that as the day went on it dried out a lot which resulted in greasy skin by the end of the day. I did end up buying another one but half way through that I decided to change my foundation. I wouldn't bother buying it unless you are the type who only wears make up on a night out. Not a very long wearing formula.

on 12/30/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is an interesting product. Its a primer mixed with color. It feels like cream foundation but has a light coverage like a tinted moisturizer. I have NC35-NC37 skintone (yellow olive beige) and when applied this is very light for me, but when I use a bronzer over it, my imperfections are gone, I would say this product provides a light to medium in coverage, and my skin looks dewey. I have overly oily skin, and It stayed on me majority of the day on my skin and I think its due to the primer (Feel So Good) in this product. This product has a tendency to ball up if the product dries before I blend it. While the concept is good, I like using my own primer, let that dry, and then use my foundation, this way, using two different products provide a seamless coverage without balling up.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! I wanted something to even out my skintone without going the whole foundation route. I'm acne-prone and foundation often makes me break out. I also hate the feeling of foundation on my face. I also wanted something that looked natural: like my skin, but better. Tinted moisturizer isn't an option because it tends to be greasy no matter what brand I try. I know, I'm expecting a lot, but Some Kind-A Gorgeous delivered! It provides sheer coverage that won't cover every spot, but certainly makes my few acne scars less noticable. I have this in Deep and it matches my skin perfectly. Makes me look like I have gorgeous skin without trying too hard (I hate the mask-like perfection that heavier foundation provides). It goes on creamy and dries to a powdery matte finish. And it feels like I hardly have anything on. I apply this with clean fingers; I haven't yet used the sponge included with it. Yes, $28 it a tad expensive for a not quite foundation, but you don't need a lot per application. And I'm a sucker for the packaging; a retro-style record. Will purchase again.

on 8/27/2008 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have just bought this product last week and could not wait to try it. After I applied it for the first time, I felt so sticky and heavy on my face. For me, I do not think the cream transfers to powder at all, it is still the greasy cream on my face. So, I have to puff my Nars loose powder all over my face to reduce excessive oiliness. The coverage of this product is so sheer that it can not camouflage inperfection and flaws on my skin. The only one thing of the product that impresses me is that its color can adapt perfectly to my Asian yellow complexion (NC 30 - 35).

on 7/12/2008 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was skeptical of how a product could match nearly everyone's skintone, but when I tested it in Sephora, it blended into my cheek and jaw perfectly. However, once I bought it and got home, I put it all over my whole face and it looked like an orange mask (my skin is on the cusp of light-medium).

The texture is kind of odd, too. Its very greasy when you first put it on- like butter. I could get used to it if the color worked for me, but there is nothing working for me here. If I had checked the reviews first, I probably would not have bought this.