BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

on 10/22/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm actually writing a good review of this! I bought it on a whim because I remember liking it eons ago. Now that I'm well-versed in foundations...I still like it.

I have standard light skin, and the "Lite" shade matches me perfectly, no small feat. Maybe because of the little pigment. It's a neutral light shade, and as long as you don't put tons on it shouldn't be ghostlike. Medium was definitely too dark for me.

It has moderate coverage, and as long as I put moisturizer (Shiseido) on my dry spots, it doesn't look flaky. I do have oily skin, though. I had a shine at the end of the day, but I always do. But the shine didn't make it cakey-looking. I applied it with a dry Sephora sponge (I don't like the sponge it came with).

The only bad thing is that at the end of the day my face felt greasy, even though it wasn't. Not sure what to make of that. And it was a little hard to blend.

Overall, I will definitely use, but probably not as much as my Skin79 BB cream, which is closest to my HG.

on 6/8/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Much like Bo-ing! I find this product too oily and think on your skin. Good coverage but I find it almost impossible to not look cakey wearing this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Easily one of the worst foundations for oily skin that I've tried. I got this in a set in the shade Medium, which from the pan looks rather dark and orange for my yellow-olive, NC25 skin, but I suppose that doesn't matter, because it offers very little coverage. Texture wise, it's initially thin and very greasy. Once applied, it dries to a finish that is powdery and yet still feels slippery; it doesn't exactly set but rather sits on top of your skin. I used to think that Maybelline Fit Me was the oiliest foundation out there, but this definitely broke the record. Because of the texture, I have to use a TON of powder to set Some Kind-a Gorgeous; this keeps the product in place, but it feels heavy and just plain gross. It may work for dry-skinned individuals who already have fairly even-toned skin, but I'm quite the opposite of that. I almost always try finding alternative uses for products that I don't like, but this may very well go into the garbage bin unfinished.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this product in a sample size from the cabana pack!! It felt really light on my skin and it was easy to apply!!! It felt kinda like a balm!!! I have really olly skin and it stayed put all day also it didn't look to greasy which I did expect!! This foundation didn't cover up my blemishs but did make them a tiny bit less prominent!!! It is quite pricy but worth it for a treat!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i got a sample size of this in a benefit set and im glad i didnt buy the full size. i wasnt even interested in the product but since it came in a kit i decided to try just because. its supposbly a cream to powder foundation so i thought thered be at least some coverage... nope. no coverage at all. it has a weird texture and i hated how it felt on my fingers and face. i believe theres only three shades. the packaging is super cute though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Patchy, sits in pores, oily, no coverage, waste of money especially with the tiny amount you get.
It oxidises and gives a horrid dapple effect on my skin after an hour.
Wouldn't recommend it repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have such a like/hate relationship with this product. Being one of the few higher-end impulse buys I've ever made, I almost feel like I'm just trying to convince myself it's a good product. My shade is in medium, which is a bit dark for me but is fine in the summer and also because the coverage is light. The texture of the product is definitely a cream that dries down into a powdery finish. When Benefit claims that this is a foundation faker, I think it's actually a fair claim. The semi-powdery finish does make it look like you're wearing some kind of perfecting product on your face but it feels and looks reasonably sheer. Oil control is not great at all but it feels weird to set this with powder because it already has a powdery finish.

Overall, I think this is something to put on your face when you want your skin tone to be evened out without a foundation. I somehow managed to hit pan on this product in a month by using the sponge included. If you want to save some product use your fingers to apply because the sponge just eats up the product. I wouldn't repurchase because at this price range you can buy great sheerer coverage face products that have better oil control. While I think it somewhat lived up to its claims, I would only consider this product if the price were brought down to $15-20 continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A truly terrible product! oil free yet greasy feel on skin. coverage = 0. Product ran out for me in 3 weeks. So an expensive product in that respect. I love the retro packaging but if your looking for a quality product, don't part with your pennies on this one.

I will not be repurchasing x

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product about a year ago when I had bad acne thinking that the creamy consistancy would cover up all of my blemishes. I used to applicator it came with and I was very disappointed.Since then, my skin has cleared up, so I tried using this foundation the other day and haven't stopped using it since. Instead, I used a stippling brush and stippled it all over my face, concentrating the product on any scarring and I loved the finish.

I was really suprised to see reviews saying it wasn't at all for dry skin. When I use it, my face does wind up feeling like a greaseball when normally it doesn't, so I have to make sure that I set it with powder. For me, it leaves a really natural, dewy finish. The only problem is that it doesn't adjust to my skin color as the claimed. It stayed about a shade darker than my skin and as it oxidizes it seems to darken a bit more, so I have to follow the foundation down my neck as well.

Overall, I probably would get it again if my skin stays clear and doesn't need much coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was included in a Benefit set I purchased at Sephora. There is a strong chemical scent, almost like plastic. There is no way I could wear this in the Spring/Summer time because it makes me oily. But I do enjoy it in the winter. It has medium coverage and sinks well into the skin. This product is hit or miss. People either love it or hate it. I have seen a to-go version at Sephora. I would suggest for people to try that before purchasing the full size. I would probably not repurchase. This is expensive for the amount you get and there are far better foundation options out there.

Popular Crème Foundations