BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by skin type : Normal
BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.3

As the reviewer below said, I'm just not understanding the hate for this! I love it and have repurchased twice.
Okay, so the formula is a little confusing - i get that. It feels rather oily, especially if you swatch it with your finger...yet despite that, it's actually oil-free.
I use my SKG in two different ways - firstly as a lightweight, sheer foundation with a dusting of powder over the top to set it (yes, you WILL need to set it, otherwise you will look shiny, regardless of skin type!) and secondly, as a primer underneath another foundation (this helps neutralize my face and eliminate any redness or discoloration and just general seems to make my foundation go on better and lasts much longer.

My one bit of advice to you, and this is what turned me in to a convert - ditch the sponge! Apply it with a stippling brush - I swear you'll see a ton of difference!
The sponge just eats up the product and doesn't seem to transfer properly on to your face at all xo

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I received this foundation in a sample pack from Benefit. Wow, it isn't often that I throughly dislike a product, but for this particular product, IMO, it is God awful. I don't like the color, texture, or finish.

I typically like most things from Benefit, but this was a real miss for me. Not sure what they were thinking when they created this, but it left a lot to be desired.

on 1/5/2014 12:26:00 AM

100% one of my beauty must haves! Very smooth and creamy and gives the face a more natural look. If your on the go and just a light foundation that evens out your skin and makes you look almost flawless this is for you. On my days where I just want to do a few steps this my go to. It is probably not for girls with oily acne prone skin but you can try if you like it's just not very matte however it's not super dewy either.

on 11/23/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a small version of this at Sephora and liked it so much I bought the regular size.

I can see where younger people might not like it, because it may be a bit oily for oily skin.

For me it is perfect, goes on like a cream and sets quickly to a dry finish. Very smooth.

The only problem is that it doesn't last long and wears off quickly. I'm going to try it with a finishing spray and see if I can get more life out of it.

It is very light and smooth and at least on my skin gives a great no makeup look. Not like any other product I can compare it to.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Cute packaging.
Cute idea.

Horrible makeup.

More cake than a bakery.
Greasier than a burger-joint deep-fryer.
A T-Zone you need ice-skates to navigate.
More pimples than a junior Homecoming dance.
Super fast and orange oxidisation that puts the oomph into Oompa Loompa.

Really? BeneFit. I am very disappointed.
Terrible, terrible grease like pore clogging substance.
I really wouldn't advise it, not unless you want that greasy orange broken out look.

You're better off rubbing your face with low-end dollar store concealer stick that's been diluted with crisco.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

No sir, I don't like it. You'd be better off wearing a BB Cream to achieve the effect that this product is supposed to give. And what in the world is up with the awful smell?

on 2/4/2013 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok I have given it a high rating but wouldn't buy it again, why? I have combination-dry skin and would def not use it as a foundation. I felt a layer on my face and I hate that feeling, hence never wear foundation.
But I used it to contour (attempt to contour) and I like the way to blends and disappears. The cream to powder feeling.

The MA in hongkong are clueless about my med-deep skin tone and only know how to push product. Anyway she sold the darkest shade (available) as a contour cream......

As a contour cream I love the texture and feel but it doesn't contour my nc43 skin tone, because its only a wee bit darker than my natural tone. It needs to be more dark to give it the shadow effect. i think Some Kinda Gorgeous in this shade only gives me a subtle shadow/contour but i like the Posh Spice (Vic Beckham) contour look, so,...

Most annoying. Infact when she sold it to me I don't even know it was just a foundation and not a contour cream. Stupid me. I think I would love it if this was one more shade darker and gave me some real contours.
EDIT: I have now learnt that foundations and matte bronzers CAN/ARE used for contouring, so ignore above remark.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Terrible product! Super splotchy and drying ! Ughh, will not repruchase

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this product on and off since it came out. I want to stop liking it but I can't. It seems to me at my age, this type of product is ideal for aging dry skin. It's not a foundation or an SPF, it's a finisher. A tinted moisturizer that works well and travels well. I love that I read a review here about a drug store dupe... I am going to have to try it myself. Love this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It took me a while to figure out what a "foundation faker" even is. Then I tried it one night (it came with a box set I got from BeneFit) when I wanted to snap a few pictures for Facebook and didn't want to waste some of my more expensive foundation just for that. The coverage is so-so, but I couldn't get past the smell. It has a heavy, foul, chemical smell. It felt greasy and heavy on my skin. Between that and the vile smell, I couldn't wait to get it off my face.