benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by skin type : Other
benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

on 6/5/2012 3:54:00 PM

I bought this product after a friend tried it out and raved about it to me. Always looking for the holy grail of foundations and ideally something in a compact that I can put on when I'm on the move or touch up at work, so this seemed perfect.

The packaging is very cute retro sixties style record with a handy little mirror and it comes with a sponge to apply. The first thing I noticed when I opened up the compact is that what seems like a chunky compact from the outside that would look to hold a decent amount of product is actually mostly the tray to hold the sponge, and the part that holds the product is only about 4mm deep so you don't get very much product at all. Not good for around 23.

When I put the product on with the sponge it felt like the sponge kind of sucked a lot of it up and that not much went onto my face. I'm quite fair and found that the shade was a bit orangey and would leave me with orangey patches unless i put a lot of the product on. Once on it did look nice (velvety matte kind of finish) but I found that it just didn't last. I have the type of skin that foundation doesn't stay on very easily but found that after a couple of hours I'd need to re-apply- even for me it wore off very quickly. My friend who bought it before me also commented that she had to use a lot of product to get an even coverage.

I used this for about a week and then SHOCK HORROR realised that the bottom of the container had started to show through because I had had to use so much product and it was running out so quickly (also happened to my friend). Then I felt I had to eke it out and not use so much because it's so expensive, which meant it didn't look so good.

If it came in a container twice the size and cost half as much, I might consider buying this again, but for a product that costs so much to buy and comes with such a small amount of foundation in it, it's not really justifiable.

on 4/16/2010 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This was the first product I used like a foundation. It's in a cute little record-style case, and doesn't have the 'orange' factor - this is why I love Benefit's skin range!

I used it for a few years when I was a teenager, when my skin was a bit more spotty and greasy. It acted like a powder in that it did mattify, but I found that as I grew out of my teen years it made my skin incredibly dry so I needed a change. I wouldn't buy it again for that reason, but I think it's fantastic for teenage skin.

on 2/11/2010 2:54:00 AM

I first noticed this product in the duty free book when flying. It seemed a great idea as I live in a hot country and don't need heavy coverage but also, in the winter, do like some cover. This is excellent for that as its quite light and I love how the colour matches. I've noted comments about using a brush which I will probably swap to because it is a very small piece of actual product you get and if you're wasting half of it in the sponge....well! So, thumbs up from me on this one.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i really like this foundation it covers well is easy to blend and is pretty long lasting.This is the first foundation i ever bought a second time i loved it so much.i have since changed to a mineral line (jane iredale) but still highly endorse benefit the coverage it just so much better.

on 4/22/2009 8:24:00 PM

I love this foundation. It's great for people who don't like to wear much makeup on their face but still want a flawless finish. It also makes your skin feel sooo smooth! My only complaint is that they don't give you much for such a high price.

on 3/9/2009 6:20:00 PM

I use this product as a makeup BASE, and then as a finishing veil after all my makeup is on. It provides a lovely velvety base for any foundation, and as a finisher, if you just LIGHTLY go over your makeup, you get a flawless, gleamy ---but not shiny---look. I don't use its applicator ---just my fingers, so that I have total control of how much or little I want to apply.
I don't like the product as a "full coverage" make-up; it doesn't last through the day. I agree about the expense, and I think that with Serious Skin Care's HydraPixel, you can achieve the same or better coverage with a product that lasts a whole lot longer.

on 1/9/2009 10:38:00 PM

I was lucky enough to have a skin tone that worked with Some Kinda Gorgeous, which claims to be a one shade fits all foundation. In my opinion, the finish and coverage is similar to that of a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation. This goes on damp, and dries to a light powdery finish. No need to set with powder even. Very matte. I like the texture and the look on me.

on 10/15/2008 7:30:00 PM

i have this in the mini size and i LOVE it....my complexion looks creamy. this foundation just melts into my skin beautifully and i don't need alot of it either. i usually use my fingers for this, obviously with a brush/sponge it'd be even better.

the colour was good for me and i looove the consistency...it just looks so natural and it's not messy (no liquid spillings or n e thing like that)

i got this as a gift so i'm not sure i would buy it again since it's so $$

LOVE.IT. I would say that maybe I've broken out a bit more afterward, but most makeup does that to me. Great coverage, easy, one step application. I notice I can just use a bit "extra" for concealer. Great as an eyeshadow primer as well. For the money, it's worth it. I've thrown out my mineral makeup- I have no need to go back. The only suggest I have would be including at least another sponge.

on 3/31/2007 5:38:00 PM

I am mostly neutral on this product. I have been using it as a primer type product under my Pur Minerals. When used this way I find that I use less powder. I wouldn't use it on its own. The color works for me though, it disappears into my skin (medium tone).