BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.6

As the reviewer below said, I'm just not understanding the hate for this! I love it and have repurchased twice.
Okay, so the formula is a little confusing - i get that. It feels rather oily, especially if you swatch it with your finger...yet despite that, it's actually oil-free.
I use my SKG in two different ways - firstly as a lightweight, sheer foundation with a dusting of powder over the top to set it (yes, you WILL need to set it, otherwise you will look shiny, regardless of skin type!) and secondly, as a primer underneath another foundation (this helps neutralize my face and eliminate any redness or discoloration and just general seems to make my foundation go on better and lasts much longer.

My one bit of advice to you, and this is what turned me in to a convert - ditch the sponge! Apply it with a stippling brush - I swear you'll see a ton of difference!
The sponge just eats up the product and doesn't seem to transfer properly on to your face at all xo

on 10/22/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm actually writing a good review of this! I bought it on a whim because I remember liking it eons ago. Now that I'm well-versed in foundations...I still like it.

I have standard light skin, and the "Lite" shade matches me perfectly, no small feat. Maybe because of the little pigment. It's a neutral light shade, and as long as you don't put tons on it shouldn't be ghostlike. Medium was definitely too dark for me.

It has moderate coverage, and as long as I put moisturizer (Shiseido) on my dry spots, it doesn't look flaky. I do have oily skin, though. I had a shine at the end of the day, but I always do. But the shine didn't make it cakey-looking. I applied it with a dry Sephora sponge (I don't like the sponge it came with).

The only bad thing is that at the end of the day my face felt greasy, even though it wasn't. Not sure what to make of that. And it was a little hard to blend.

Overall, I will definitely use, but probably not as much as my Skin79 BB cream, which is closest to my HG.

on 7/13/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used this product when I was in my late teens I'm now 26! But at the time I didn't need a lot of coverage as I didn't suffer the same issues I have with my skin now! It gave me a natural looking coverage without being too heavy! I dont think I'd use it now but for someone with clear skin or someone who's a bit younger this could be a really good option!

Another foundation disappointment from Benefit. It made my face SO oily, settles into pores, and runs all over the place. I adore Benefit cosmetics, but I haven't found one foundation from them that doesn't make my face feel like an oil slick!

on 6/8/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Much like Bo-ing! I find this product too oily and think on your skin. Good coverage but I find it almost impossible to not look cakey wearing this.

I have always been slightly obsessed with Benefit, but due to its price and my tight budget I only buy their products about once a year or so. Usually I buy their blushers but decided to try something new so grabbed this.

I actually really liked this product. I have VERY pale skin and often struggle to find a foundation light enough for me. This one was perfect. I apply it all over my face with the sponge, and on areas which need more coverage I go over it again with my fingers. I then apply a little concealer under my eyes and set with powder and it stays there all day long. It looks super natural. I think that this is a very light coverage; my skin is in pretty good condition, but even I need some additional coverage in some place. But it certainly evens out my skin tone as well as making my face feel very soft. I love this product and will always repurchase!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love benefit, but not this one. It goes on WAY to powdery on the skin, and it looks fake. It doesn't blend perfectly like Hello flawless, and it does not give you a natural look. The light one is too light, and the medium a bit to orange and dark. Øv øv!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Cute packaging.
Cute idea.

Horrible makeup.

More cake than a bakery.
Greasier than a burger-joint deep-fryer.
A T-Zone you need ice-skates to navigate.
More pimples than a junior Homecoming dance.
Super fast and orange oxidisation that puts the oomph into Oompa Loompa.

Really? BeneFit. I am very disappointed.
Terrible, terrible grease like pore clogging substance.
I really wouldn't advise it, not unless you want that greasy orange broken out look.

You're better off rubbing your face with low-end dollar store concealer stick that's been diluted with crisco.

This is the only Benefit product I have ever bought that I have HATED! I just don't get how this could be good. ( and I have A LOT of their collections and love everything I have ever bought with the exception of porefessional - but that's just "meh" rather than hate)

I have combination skin with some occasional dry patches just above and below my mouth. This product clings like nothing else making these spots look horrendous. The sponge it comes with puts the product on too thickly and does not blend well. it gives me a chalky "cake face" appearance with the smallest amount of product. If you blend it very (VERY) well it can look ok from a distance but as soon as you look at yourself in the mirror you can see the product sitting on the skin, settling into any imperfection.

I have used this on top of porefessional, smashbox primer, bare face and on top of oxygen wow foundation - same horrible results every time. I even checked out youtube to see if I was applying incorrectly.

I will most likely de pot this product and THROW IT AWAY and put something else in the compact which is the only redeeming feature of this product.

I wish I was in the US where you can return products to stores like Sephora but alas I bought the product directly from the benefit website and their response to my feedback was "We have forwarded your feedback to our product development team for further consideration."

I have a very fair complexion, with oily T-zone and patches of red and flaky skin around my nose. I got the lightest shade of Some kind of gorgeous. I am extremely disappointed with it, as it clings to each single imperfection on the skin , making it absolutely obvious instead of hiding it or at least minimizing it. The only areas where it is somewhat usable are the flawless areas of the cheeks and might work as dark circles concealer if you don't have wrinkles. I found it working better on flawless skin OVER a good primer (I use Too Faced primed & poreless pure). I do not recommend it under any circumstance for skin with imperfections or wrinkles.

Popular Crème Foundations