benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.4

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

No sir, I don't like it. You'd be better off wearing a BB Cream to achieve the effect that this product is supposed to give. And what in the world is up with the awful smell?

on 6/5/2012 3:54:00 PM

I bought this product after a friend tried it out and raved about it to me. Always looking for the holy grail of foundations and ideally something in a compact that I can put on when I'm on the move or touch up at work, so this seemed perfect.

The packaging is very cute retro sixties style record with a handy little mirror and it comes with a sponge to apply. The first thing I noticed when I opened up the compact is that what seems like a chunky compact from the outside that would look to hold a decent amount of product is actually mostly the tray to hold the sponge, and the part that holds the product is only about 4mm deep so you don't get very much product at all. Not good for around 23.

When I put the product on with the sponge it felt like the sponge kind of sucked a lot of it up and that not much went onto my face. I'm quite fair and found that the shade was a bit orangey and would leave me with orangey patches unless i put a lot of the product on. Once on it did look nice (velvety matte kind of finish) but I found that it just didn't last. I have the type of skin that foundation doesn't stay on very easily but found that after a couple of hours I'd need to re-apply- even for me it wore off very quickly. My friend who bought it before me also commented that she had to use a lot of product to get an even coverage.

I used this for about a week and then SHOCK HORROR realised that the bottom of the container had started to show through because I had had to use so much product and it was running out so quickly (also happened to my friend). Then I felt I had to eke it out and not use so much because it's so expensive, which meant it didn't look so good.

If it came in a container twice the size and cost half as much, I might consider buying this again, but for a product that costs so much to buy and comes with such a small amount of foundation in it, it's not really justifiable.

on 1/7/2012 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Bad, BAD foundation! My color is the medium one, and it looks orange-ey. I put some as a conceale over a few spots and I turned back and 3 minutes later it seemed to have already came off some! Bad coverage, bad color, bad price...bad product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As i looked down this page , i couldnt believe how many negative comments there were!! I think the packaging is very cute and adorable but i do agree with one of the reviews how this product is good for girls who need less coverage and are going for a nice natural look - it works very well on dry skin and the product itself is good. I find that the spongey thing that comes with it is very good to apply to your face , but it gives off a cakey look - so you definatley need to BLEND BLEND BLEND. With this product i did not wear any cover up before and it covered up my blemishes very nicely , so just imagine how it looked with cover up :) I am very pleased with this product but i was quite annoyed about the price i had to pay, i can get one much cheaper of eBay. So yes i would buy it again, but from a much cheaper place.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I wear this product in the color deep and it is the perfect shade for my skin. I'm an NW35 in MAC and for all of you NW35 ladies you know that foundation for us can be tricky because we have a heavier reddish undertone and often times foundation can make us look pasty/ ashy if the undertones of the foundation are too pink, or too yellow.

This foundation gives me a flawless finish and is sheer but can be built up. It is a creme to powder finish and it photographs well.

My only gripes with this product are that the price is a little steep for the amount of product (28$ for 0.34 oz), the packaging is juvenile (personal opinion), and the product has a faint powdery chemical smell.

Overall a good buy and I would repurchase

on 4/16/2010 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This was the first product I used like a foundation. It's in a cute little record-style case, and doesn't have the 'orange' factor - this is why I love Benefit's skin range!

I used it for a few years when I was a teenager, when my skin was a bit more spotty and greasy. It acted like a powder in that it did mattify, but I found that as I grew out of my teen years it made my skin incredibly dry so I needed a change. I wouldn't buy it again for that reason, but I think it's fantastic for teenage skin.

CAKEY. I'll use it on my eyelids to even out tone because I have no other use for it.

on 4/22/2009 8:24:00 PM

I love this foundation. It's great for people who don't like to wear much makeup on their face but still want a flawless finish. It also makes your skin feel sooo smooth! My only complaint is that they don't give you much for such a high price.

on 1/9/2009 10:38:00 PM

I was lucky enough to have a skin tone that worked with Some Kinda Gorgeous, which claims to be a one shade fits all foundation. In my opinion, the finish and coverage is similar to that of a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation. This goes on damp, and dries to a light powdery finish. No need to set with powder even. Very matte. I like the texture and the look on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So I always go back and forth on this product. But I have come to realize that I do really like it. It blends well. It provides LIGHT coverage so it looks natural. It also evens out my skin tone nicely. However, if you want to make the most of this product and you want to be satisfied you must do two things:

1.) USE MOSTURIZER!! I cannot emphasize this enough. If you have dry skin this WILL go on flaky and look gross. The other side to that tho is that if you have perfectly moist skin (or if you apply this make up and then maybe a bit of moisturizer) its going to look LOVELY!)

2.) YOU MUST WASH YOUR FASH THROUGHLY TO REMOVE THIS PRODUCT AT NIGHT... as I feel as though it has the tendency to make one breakout (but most foundations do anyways).

Follow those two rules and I think that you will LOVE IT.

I do not recommend this product to EXTREMELY fair people. As those are the people that might experience the orange tint.