benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.0

I have always been slightly obsessed with Benefit, but due to its price and my tight budget I only buy their products about once a year or so. Usually I buy their blushers but decided to try something new so grabbed this.

I actually really liked this product. I have VERY pale skin and often struggle to find a foundation light enough for me. This one was perfect. I apply it all over my face with the sponge, and on areas which need more coverage I go over it again with my fingers. I then apply a little concealer under my eyes and set with powder and it stays there all day long. It looks super natural. I think that this is a very light coverage; my skin is in pretty good condition, but even I need some additional coverage in some place. But it certainly evens out my skin tone as well as making my face feel very soft. I love this product and will always repurchase!

on 1/5/2014 4:26:00 PM

The only thing remotely close to a foundation I will put on my face. Also the most truly looking natural "foundation" I've ever come across. I detest foundation and don't wear it, I've spend insane amounts of money on foundation and no matter what it never looks natural. It definitely never feels natural, either. However this stuff is amazing. Unbelievably light, natural/matte finish, extremely smooth, and light coverage. It gets rid of any redness and still shows my freckles and my skin still shows through. Foundations are always so mask-like in appearance and feel, and this is the only one ive found in the past 3 years that makes me look natural and that isn't heavy. I've thought about trying Chanel's vitalumiere aqua ? It's supposed to be nice and light as well. I used this before I took accutane and still use it 2 years later, so it works for most skin types I think. It worked for me back when I had oily skin, and I still love it even though I have dry skin. If you're sick of heavy foundations and want something easy and natural, give this a try !

on 1/5/2014 12:26:00 AM

100% one of my beauty must haves! Very smooth and creamy and gives the face a more natural look. If your on the go and just a light foundation that evens out your skin and makes you look almost flawless this is for you. On my days where I just want to do a few steps this my go to. It is probably not for girls with oily acne prone skin but you can try if you like it's just not very matte however it's not super dewy either.

on 6/2/2013 4:37:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE. blends like a dream, does not break me out and this is the only foundation that does not oil my skin up even after being drenched in sweat under the scorching sun. coverage is light but good enough for me (fyi i have acne and hyperpigmentation here and there too but a little concealer over it does the job). love that it's oil free, lasting power terrific AS LONG AS u use a setting powder over it. like other benefit's products it's pricey, have yet to consider whether its price is worth me repurchasing... though quality wise this is fantastic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use the product for my daily make up routine. The thing about this product is IF you put a lot on it WILL make your face look cakey. What I do is put on my foundation and then use my concealer brush (cause I don't like the sponge) and put only a little dap of this product here and there and blend. I love this product it doesn't cause acne to appear so thats good.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this product on and off since it came out. I want to stop liking it but I can't. It seems to me at my age, this type of product is ideal for aging dry skin. It's not a foundation or an SPF, it's a finisher. A tinted moisturizer that works well and travels well. I love that I read a review here about a drug store dupe... I am going to have to try it myself. Love this stuff.

First let me say that if you have given this a bad review you either were not using it correctly or didn't realize that this product is not a foundation but a foundation faker. If you have any texture or have acne, scars then this would not be the product for you. If you have normal skin this is the perfect product!! This is very simiar to the cover-ups of the 1940's and 1950's. As you can see from the pictures the ladies looked gorgeous and I'll tell you why....the product is a buildable product that you want to always start out with moisturizer. If your anything like your Grandma then you know how important this step is. If you skip this step with ANY skin type you will age more quickly. It is the key to beautiful youthful skin and make sure your moisturizer has SPF. SPF in makeup is not enough protection you need a moisturizer with the spf in it. So after you have put on your moisturizer than you will use your middle and ring finger to swipe a small amount out of the compact. You will need to go in circle sweeping outward on the face. Use as little as possible you will feel how far it spreads out. Now wait. About 20 seconds later your makeup has adjusted to your skin type and can you believe how flawless you look!!! Make sure you set this with a powder....remember powder should be darker not lighter than your skin if you want to look NORMAL. This is a trick that all makeup artists use! Use transulent if your scared of the color you will be amazed at how natural and flawless you look. Add a little brozner to the corners of your forehead and cheeks....you will look like a FOX!! I hope this helps someone....this is my favorite product out there and it is a miracle worker in a compact!!

on 8/10/2012 10:26:00 PM

I'm surprised at all the poor reviews on this product but I think it's because a lot of women haven't explored the foundation enough in their trial. Also, this foundation is best on even textured skin.. it may get caught and cakey on any blemishes.

I will say this, this foundation WILL make you look CAKEY if you don't moisturize before putting on or if you apply it with the sponge it comes with. I highly suggest you wear lotion or moisturizer before applying and use a duo-fibre stippling brush! :)

The sponge is a waste of product seeing as many complain of the lack of product. I think this is a marketing scheme for most brands to make you re-buy the product sooner. The truth is that there isn't much product because you don't need it!

It will also look OILY on areas where you develop oil if you don't set the foundation with the slightest bit of powder. You only need a little powder for this foundation to make it last all day long. It's supposed to have a dewey finish on its own but I noticed that it tends to budge if you don't set it. The finish is still satiny though after I set with powder.

I moisturize just before stippling this foundation on, then blending in big circles all over this face. I've worn it once without moisturizing and I will admit it looked pretty cakey/powdery and terrible. If I layer moisturizer before, it looks flawless and extremely natural. I've never been a fan of foundation.. I actually haven't been able to find one I could stand until this one! It covers up all redness and looks like I have naturally flawless and even skin. Then I usually set it with a powder brush and Sally hansen's face powder or MAC's Prep and Prime powder.

I am finishing up my sample size but I really do love it! I use so little product each time to cover up my entire face (literally use barely any product!.. with the brush that is. I never use a sponge!) that I may either invest in a full size version to last for a looong time or buy the $10 because it's affordable. I don't think the price is too bad for a little amount of product I need but it is hefty for a foundation in general. I think it'd be more reasonable if it was more like $20 for the foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most natural foundation on me. Fortunately it is a perfect color match for my skin. It give me a natural even matte look. I love it but it runs out so quickly and it is so expensive. It starts off cream then sets matte/powdery; medium shade is great for my oily NC25/30 skin. I always have a backup.

on 4/3/2012 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product has come as a great surprise to me. I bought it because of the good reviews I read but I must admit I wasn't completely convinced I would liked it. However, I was very nicely surprised when I put it on. The coverage is buildable to the point that you can choose between a hint of foundation and full coverage. It is completely invisible and it achieves the perfect balance between satin and mat. I have oily skin and I'm used to foundations changing colour and texture after a while, but this one didn't fade or change at all after quite a few hours of wear in warm weather. I bought the Medium shade and it's just perfect for my natural complexion. I am really impressed. The only con? The price, as I think it is quite expensive considering it is not going to last me several months but far less.