benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by eye Color : Green
benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.3

I have always been slightly obsessed with Benefit, but due to its price and my tight budget I only buy their products about once a year or so. Usually I buy their blushers but decided to try something new so grabbed this.

I actually really liked this product. I have VERY pale skin and often struggle to find a foundation light enough for me. This one was perfect. I apply it all over my face with the sponge, and on areas which need more coverage I go over it again with my fingers. I then apply a little concealer under my eyes and set with powder and it stays there all day long. It looks super natural. I think that this is a very light coverage; my skin is in pretty good condition, but even I need some additional coverage in some place. But it certainly evens out my skin tone as well as making my face feel very soft. I love this product and will always repurchase!

on 1/5/2014 12:26:00 AM

100% one of my beauty must haves! Very smooth and creamy and gives the face a more natural look. If your on the go and just a light foundation that evens out your skin and makes you look almost flawless this is for you. On my days where I just want to do a few steps this my go to. It is probably not for girls with oily acne prone skin but you can try if you like it's just not very matte however it's not super dewy either.

First let me say that if you have given this a bad review you either were not using it correctly or didn't realize that this product is not a foundation but a foundation faker. If you have any texture or have acne, scars then this would not be the product for you. If you have normal skin this is the perfect product!! This is very simiar to the cover-ups of the 1940's and 1950's. As you can see from the pictures the ladies looked gorgeous and I'll tell you why....the product is a buildable product that you want to always start out with moisturizer. If your anything like your Grandma then you know how important this step is. If you skip this step with ANY skin type you will age more quickly. It is the key to beautiful youthful skin and make sure your moisturizer has SPF. SPF in makeup is not enough protection you need a moisturizer with the spf in it. So after you have put on your moisturizer than you will use your middle and ring finger to swipe a small amount out of the compact. You will need to go in circle sweeping outward on the face. Use as little as possible you will feel how far it spreads out. Now wait. About 20 seconds later your makeup has adjusted to your skin type and can you believe how flawless you look!!! Make sure you set this with a powder....remember powder should be darker not lighter than your skin if you want to look NORMAL. This is a trick that all makeup artists use! Use transulent if your scared of the color you will be amazed at how natural and flawless you look. Add a little brozner to the corners of your forehead and cheeks....you will look like a FOX!! I hope this helps someone....this is my favorite product out there and it is a miracle worker in a compact!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I already did a review for the "Light" version of this, and now that I've been using the "Medium" version during the summer, I think it warrants its own review. I still am in love with this product. It glides on so smoothly and blends so easily that it's a dream to work with. I use the included sponge still, just like with "Light," and it works fantastically. It matches my light tan perfectly, too, so it just looks like I have to-die-for skin instead of a foundation mask. This is both a pro and a con. Luckily, after years of treatment, I've gotten my skin clear, smooth and manageable, and it doesn't need much coverage, if any. If however you're looking to cover up scars, redness, etc., this product probably isn't for you. Another con is that the product is really easy to fly through, since it's so soft and creamy. It will also melt quite quickly if it gets too hot. Overall though this is a huge winner for me - perfect lightweight coverage, amazing application, and portability all in one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay! I am not impressed with the packaging! But omg I do love this product, I can't believe all the negative reviews, this is so amazing to me , it feels great and covers good without even looking like you have foundation on!!

on 8/13/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently was in manchester shopping and I went in Dedenhams, while I was strolling thru a girl approached me from Benefit asking if I heard of benefit, I went over and thought I would try it out! She introduced and her name was kate she was so helpful nice and friendly, I tried dome lee lee after she said I seem like her and I loved it, I told her about my skin condition and what I wanted out of my look as I'm a makeup freak and I'm very fussy I ended up leaving with Laugh with me lee lee which is now my favourite perfume, firmology which is amazing and plumping on my face, some kinda gorgeous which has an amazing silky coverege which isn't heavy on my skin and very light weigh erase paste2 fantastic! Then I filled out a vip card and and I was booked back in 4 weeks late when I went and bought sofia perfume and some creaseless eyeshadows and dr feelgood again with kate! I am booked back soon and I always go with kate she's a true make up artist who generally helps me and know what I want! I also love debenhams new refurb its amazing inside! I do recommend for you guys to visit kate at benefit counter,debenhams, manchester, its also the biggest benefit counter I have ever seen!!! Xx

on 11/30/2009 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love it is so good, only thing is kinda runs out a bit quickly just a bit tho. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i really like this foundation it covers well is easy to blend and is pretty long lasting.This is the first foundation i ever bought a second time i loved it so much.i have since changed to a mineral line (jane iredale) but still highly endorse benefit the coverage it just so much better.

I really really like this product. I have combination skin with a pretty oily tzone and some mild unevenness. I'm pretty fair and I don't find this to be too orange at all. I've tried every tinted moisturizer/powder foundation etc in an attempt to find something with a nice texture and light coverage. If you're looking for lots of coverage this isn't for you...but with a little concealer underneath this gives me a great glow that is not as sticky as tinted moisturizer or as drying as powder foundation. Seriously, I love this product and it's a much more reasonably priced alternative to similar items such as the Perfekt skin version.

on 4/17/2008 9:23:00 PM

This is a fantastic product - surprisingly natural on my skin tone (fair with pink undertones). Not too greasy and not too matte, I put this on straight after my Nivea Creme and it takes away most of the shine - all I need to do is powder my nose and I have that 'glowy' look. The only thing I wasn't so keen on was the packaging. Although it's pretty cool that it's a record player, I'm not keen on it being white 'cause it gets kind of dirty and battered in my bag. Benefit stuff is even more expensive here in England, so while at the moment I would re-purchase, I'm on the lookout for something cheaper.