benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It took me a while to figure out what a "foundation faker" even is. Then I tried it one night (it came with a box set I got from BeneFit) when I wanted to snap a few pictures for Facebook and didn't want to waste some of my more expensive foundation just for that. The coverage is so-so, but I couldn't get past the smell. It has a heavy, foul, chemical smell. It felt greasy and heavy on my skin. Between that and the vile smell, I couldn't wait to get it off my face.

on 1/17/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I rarely give a product only one lippie but unfortunately this foundation just really failed on me. First of all what is this "matches all skin tones"?? Because it sure does not match mine, it was way too dark for me. Secondly, it covers nothing. Maybe if you have good skin this might be great but I have some acne scarring and occasional blemishes so this is a no-no. Why would I want to wear a foundation if I don't want any covarage? Also, this really accentuates my dry areas, making them look twice as bad. I would only recommend this product to people with medium skin tone, even and healthy skin. Unfortunately I fit in none of those categories :(

on 12/3/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is total garbage. It looks natural when you use it, but does not stay on more than 2 hours. Also, you can use the entire product up in no time. I would not suggest it to anyone.

on 8/2/2010 8:56:00 PM

Due to my mu addiction, I fell into the trap of buying some kind-a gorgeous. I usually don't say this about benefit products, but this stuff was awful! It is advertised as being "the foundation faker" what they should have said was "tinted moisturizer in a pan, that you will go through in a blink of an eye". I hit pan in less than a month and, for me personally, it had absolutely no staying power whatsoever. It also made my skin feel oily, as the product never really felt absorbed or moisturizing to my skin. Overall, it just didn't work for me.

on 2/1/2010 9:12:00 AM

This is the very first foundation that I really love. It goes on smoothly, has a nice silky feeling when applied and covers decently. Great!
Two things that annoy me about it. Firstly, after using it daily for only a fortnight and always with a foundation brush (!) I've already hit the pan. I hope it will last me another 4 weeks. But still. Because, secondly it is expensive. 30 Euro for a product that will hopefully last me 6 weeks is insane.
I think I will purchase this again, but I'm still hesitant because of the price-performance ratio.

UPDATE 3/15/2010:
I don't know why but I went from really loving it to hating it. Somehow I became paler in the last weeks and it doesn't match my skin any more at all. I have the light shade and it's 3 shades darker than my skin tone and too yellowish. It became greasier over time and I didn't like the feeling of it when applied.

I could have gotten another week of daily application out of it but I'm so fed up that I just want it out of my makeup bag. This makes it last about 2 months which is better than I intially thought but still not enough to justify the price, at least in my book.

The fact that there are only two shades, the high price and the change in texture over time make not want to repurchase.

on 12/11/2009 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Urgh! Another waste of money and another bit of make-up thrown in the ''old make-up box' that I don't want to throw away as it was expensive but prob won't use again. I do have oily skin but the lady at the BeneFit counter said it would be great. It's awful. Its really greasy and when you put it on your face it doesn't go on evenly, it has a really orange tinge to it and it doesn't stay on for five minutes before it's practically running off your face. Really dissapointed and a complete waste of money.

on 6/11/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For the record, I usually LOVE benefit products. Benefit and NARS are probably the two brands I trust almost unconditionally.

This product showed up CAKEY on me. When i put it on at first i loved it, but when i looked in the mirror i looked terrible!! I thought it'd be a good product since I am blessed with mostly nice skin and don't need much coverage. Won't ever buy again. But I do love a multitude of other benefit products!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

The sa made me up with this in a store and I bought it.....fool that I am. Coverage is so sheer it's not really foundation, it's like a very transparent tinted moisturiser and a greasy one at that. I didn't like this at all, after about an hour my skin was shiny and starting to itch. I'm rarely allergic to stuff but this was just cloying. I think money would be better spent on either a decent foundation OR a tinted moisturiser to suit your skin type. This product doesn't quite know what it's purpose is.

on 4/24/2007 4:06:00 PM

I bought this to use on my wedding day for coverage. I typically don't like to wear any foundation type of product ~ but this is different. It does go on softly, but almost changed to a powdery consistency. I do have an oily t-zone and did not notice that this aggravated it. I will prob still be using a concealer that is heavier around my eye area, but other than that, this seems to tone out all my red spots around my lower cheek area. I don't have *many* blemishes to cover so I liked the sheerness of it. *knock on wood!*

The price was $26 at Sephora (and I usually don't like to spend that much for a product that I won't use often) but lately I've been digging benefit stuff, so I went for it. I will probably have this for awhile, so I'm satisfied.

Will buy again.

EDIT:
Ok, will not buy again at all. It's true- after hours of wear, it turns flaky and greasy. Just bad. NOT worth the money at ALL!!!

when i first used this i thought "hey,not bad" light coverage,nice and smooth,everything you would want in a cream like foundation,however after wearing this for a week,my forehead has bumps on it,and a couple around my cheeks as well,my skin is 99% of the time bump/pimple free so i knew it was this product,i will never wear this again for that reason alone,just for ref.i have normal skin,not dry/oily/acne prone or anything in the category,maybe a oily t-zone every now and then (i live in miami,fl!)

luckily for me last week MAC came out with theyre new mineralized satinfinish which i LOVE! so i did not mourn my SKG for very long..

also this is overpriced in my honest opinion,$26.00!,i think a more reasonable price would be $15.00-$20.00

i wish i could return this!