benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty nice. It is one-color-fits-most, and it is very sheer so it blends in nicely which makes it very forgiving for different skin colors. It is a creamy beige-apricot color that is sheer enough to work on most light and medium skin colors. If you are ultra-pale Snow-White white, then this might be a bit too dark for you, and if you are very dark skinned it may be a bit too light for you. But for most light and medium skin colors it should work nicely. "Some Kind-A Gorgeous" goes on very creamy and then dries to a soft satiny-powder finish. It looks super natural. It somehow melts into skin and looks like your skin but better, unlike typical foundations which leave an obvious "make-up" finish on your skin. After I apply "Some Kind-A Gorgeous" I follow it with a light dusting of loose powder, and it really makes for a pretty finish on my skin. Very nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Easily one of the worst foundations for oily skin that I've tried. I got this in a set in the shade Medium, which from the pan looks rather dark and orange for my yellow-olive, NC25 skin, but I suppose that doesn't matter, because it offers very little coverage. Texture wise, it's initially thin and very greasy. Once applied, it dries to a finish that is powdery and yet still feels slippery; it doesn't exactly set but rather sits on top of your skin. I used to think that Maybelline Fit Me was the oiliest foundation out there, but this definitely broke the record. Because of the texture, I have to use a TON of powder to set Some Kind-a Gorgeous; this keeps the product in place, but it feels heavy and just plain gross. It may work for dry-skinned individuals who already have fairly even-toned skin, but I'm quite the opposite of that. I almost always try finding alternative uses for products that I don't like, but this may very well go into the garbage bin unfinished.

on 10/18/2007 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay, first the positives. Some Kind-A Gorgeous has a nice sponge applicator, matches my skin surprisingly well, and has a powdery finish. However, there are a lot of things about this that will prevent me from buying it again. The color may work well on me, but I hate that BeneFit keeps making one-color-fits-all products just to save a little $--everyone else I know who's tried this has NOT found it matches their skin. It also has more silicone in in than almost any product I've used, and the amount you get is almost nothing considering you need quite a bit with each usage. It has some good points, but not nearly enough for me to buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have such a like/hate relationship with this product. Being one of the few higher-end impulse buys I've ever made, I almost feel like I'm just trying to convince myself it's a good product. My shade is in medium, which is a bit dark for me but is fine in the summer and also because the coverage is light. The texture of the product is definitely a cream that dries down into a powdery finish. When Benefit claims that this is a foundation faker, I think it's actually a fair claim. The semi-powdery finish does make it look like you're wearing some kind of perfecting product on your face but it feels and looks reasonably sheer. Oil control is not great at all but it feels weird to set this with powder because it already has a powdery finish.

Overall, I think this is something to put on your face when you want your skin tone to be evened out without a foundation. I somehow managed to hit pan on this product in a month by using the sponge included. If you want to save some product use your fingers to apply because the sponge just eats up the product. I wouldn't repurchase because at this price range you can buy great sheerer coverage face products that have better oil control. While I think it somewhat lived up to its claims, I would only consider this product if the price were brought down to $15-20 continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best base I have ever used! I use this with a foundation brush and I look like I have been airbrushed! I have pale Irish skin and am very oily in the T zone, prone to breakouts and red and sensitive on my cheeks. This feels like nothing is on my skin, its oil free and doesn't clog my pores. I stay matt looking all day and need to blott far less often. It doesn't gunk up in my fine lines and realy fills in my acne scars. With out makeup my skin looks nasty, when I wear this strangers tell me I have beautiful skin.I love this Makeup!!!

on 10/22/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm actually writing a good review of this! I bought it on a whim because I remember liking it eons ago. Now that I'm well-versed in foundations...I still like it.

I have standard light skin, and the "Lite" shade matches me perfectly, no small feat. Maybe because of the little pigment. It's a neutral light shade, and as long as you don't put tons on it shouldn't be ghostlike. Medium was definitely too dark for me.

It has moderate coverage, and as long as I put moisturizer (Shiseido) on my dry spots, it doesn't look flaky. I do have oily skin, though. I had a shine at the end of the day, but I always do. But the shine didn't make it cakey-looking. I applied it with a dry Sephora sponge (I don't like the sponge it came with).

The only bad thing is that at the end of the day my face felt greasy, even though it wasn't. Not sure what to make of that. And it was a little hard to blend.

Overall, I will definitely use, but probably not as much as my Skin79 BB cream, which is closest to my HG.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was included in a Benefit set I purchased at Sephora. There is a strong chemical scent, almost like plastic. There is no way I could wear this in the Spring/Summer time because it makes me oily. But I do enjoy it in the winter. It has medium coverage and sinks well into the skin. This product is hit or miss. People either love it or hate it. I have seen a to-go version at Sephora. I would suggest for people to try that before purchasing the full size. I would probably not repurchase. This is expensive for the amount you get and there are far better foundation options out there.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

this is great for people with fairly okay skin and just looking for sheer coverage. it goes on very light and feels like you're not wearing any makeup at all, but you'll still look like your skin is flawless. it evens out skin tone and gives that subtle glow. good staying power but one con is that its oil control is not that good. overall decent product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think Benefit's products are priced fairly high for what you get, from the blushes, to eyeliners, She-Laq, and this compact 'foundation faker' - which currently retails for $26- but, if the product is a good one, it seems like it's worth it. I think this one is worth buying. I got a deluxe sample of this in the regular (not deep) color a few weeks ago with my Sephora insider card. I didn't know what to think of it at first - was it concealer, a creme-to-powder makeup like Cover Girl's which I hated, what? I was pleased to find that you can use it all over to even out skintone or just in targeted areas, like a concealer. I wear MAC NC30/C3 and I'm medium, yellow-olive complected and it matched my skin. I like to wear this, over bare, moisturized skin, then put BE Tinted Mineral Veil or MAC Loose Powder in NC30 over for lighter makeup days. You're not going to get high coverage with this, but it's good at what it says it is for - a foundation 'faker'. I just wish that it were not so expensive. I think it probably should cost around $10 to $15. The packaging is cute but does not warrant an extra $10- $11. I don't use the sponge, I apply with clean fingers. I am truly surprised by this, as I'm oily and all other creme-to-powder makeups have made me extremely oily. This actually makes me less oily then most of my mineral makeups because it feels like my skin can breathe, with this and just loose powder dusted over. It also doesn't transfer onto my clothing and is not messy to use. It may feel oily but it's not oily, just has that 'slip' from the silicones in it. I am almost out of my deluxe sample and went out and repurchased the full size because it's fast and easy to use and I like the results for when I'm in a hurry or don't have a lot of time for my makeup. I'm in my late thirties now , I don't have a lot of lines or blemishes, and I'm blessed with fairly good skin. If you need a lot of coverage this probably is not for you, but if you have fairly decent skin and want a light makeup to even out skintone, this is really nice and easy to use.
Edited 3/2010: Do not really like this anymore. Feels waxy and an odd color on my skin. Too pasty. Also makes me very oily.

on 5/2/2008 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product, because it leaves your skin a sheer coverage, non greasy, and even natural tone. At first, I doubt that I will like this product because the color is so dark that I don't think will suit my skin color. I just put it in my drawer for weeks until a friend of mine remind me of it. After I use it, I regret why I don't use this product the first time I bought it. My skin is oily, but this product doesn't give me worse oily skin like other foundation I've tried before.