BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.0

on 8/31/2006 6:30:00 PM

So I was browing on the Sephora website the other day and came across this. What can I say, I'm a sucker for new make-up so I went ahead and bought it. I was intrigued by the one-shade-fits-all claim. Benefit is right on the money with this one... it glides on like silk and gives your skin a flaweless finish, I just loved that part of it! My skin felt so natural and light, just like wearing no makeup at all. I had a nice natural glow that wasn't too shiny and not too matte. It was perfect! The only problem is that the shade is just a tad too dark for my skin. I have moderately fair skin and I was surprised it didn't work because Benefit claims that this shade fits "most" skintones. Well, I think if you have anything other than a medium skintone, this shade won't work. Oooh, if only they had more shades, this would be my new HG foundation!! Please BeneFit...make more shades for this one! One shade does NOT fit all! I sent this one back, but I really wanted to be able to keep it!

I'm curious to see what other people have to say about this product and if the shade works for them.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm sorry...I love Benefit but I really hated this product. One color does not fit all, I'm NW20-30 depending on the time of year & if I was any lighter than the NW30 I can't imagine it working. The product feels like it's going to be oily but dries super quick & feels like powder...that was the one positive. On the downside...it gave me absolutely NO coverage, even less than Benefit's TM You Rebel. It just made my skin look a bit on the oily side, which I have VERY dry skin so this went back immediately.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this. My skin is very fair, I always take the 2nd lightest shade of foundation (I use blush ivory by laura mercier, and shade 02 in clinique perfectly real makeup). I was afraid this would be too dark, and looking at it, it is darker than my skin. But its so easy to blend, and it disappears into my skin, and makes it look like Im not wearing any foundation, let alone the wrong shade. I originally passed by this because I assumed it wasnt oil-free (I break out easily). but then I found out it was oil-free, and it made me want to try it, since I love Benefit. I havent broken out from it. The downside is that its a very sheer coverage, so if you have blemishes like me, you'll need concealer too. But it goes on nicely and dries pretty fast (it takes a minute or so to "set" so you should wait before you put on concealer otherwise it will still feel oily). I think the packaging is cute, but the sponge is too thin and chinsy. They could have at least made it more heavy duty. I'll probably replace the sponge. Anyway, I think this is a nice creme-to-powder compact if you're looking for sheer coverage, although its expensive ($26).. but it doesnt highlight flakes/dryness like similar products. And unless you're ghost-white or very tan/dark, the color should blend well, although it would be nice if they made more shades. I'd buy it again.

on 10/13/2006 1:08:00 AM

The color is good (for me) and the coverage is just OK. I have pretty dry skin and this made it look shiny and oily, which I didn't like at all. I love Benefit's packaging most of the time but I think they kind of missed the mark with this one. The compact is too big, doesn't close very tightly, and breaks really easily. I think they should just stick with You Rebel, much better.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best base I have ever used! I use this with a foundation brush and I look like I have been airbrushed! I have pale Irish skin and am very oily in the T zone, prone to breakouts and red and sensitive on my cheeks. This feels like nothing is on my skin, its oil free and doesn't clog my pores. I stay matt looking all day and need to blott far less often. It doesn't gunk up in my fine lines and realy fills in my acne scars. With out makeup my skin looks nasty, when I wear this strangers tell me I have beautiful skin.I love this Makeup!!!

on 10/22/2006 8:35:00 PM

Although the color is perfect for my skin, the consistancy leaves something to be desired. At first it was smooth to be applied but after a while, it thickens and appears blotchy on my skin. I've had horrible experience with BeneFit. Will not be repurchasing. Might make a good base concealer but I'm not going to be putting any more energy in the use of this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have pale, yet uneven skin tone and this wonderful product makes me look so clean and polished! I do use it under foundatin of course, because it doesnt cover my blemishes. I am still in love with this, and so glad I bought it!
The cute packaging helps too :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty nice. It is one-color-fits-most, and it is very sheer so it blends in nicely which makes it very forgiving for different skin colors. It is a creamy beige-apricot color that is sheer enough to work on most light and medium skin colors. If you are ultra-pale Snow-White white, then this might be a bit too dark for you, and if you are very dark skinned it may be a bit too light for you. But for most light and medium skin colors it should work nicely. "Some Kind-A Gorgeous" goes on very creamy and then dries to a soft satiny-powder finish. It looks super natural. It somehow melts into skin and looks like your skin but better, unlike typical foundations which leave an obvious "make-up" finish on your skin. After I apply "Some Kind-A Gorgeous" I follow it with a light dusting of loose powder, and it really makes for a pretty finish on my skin. Very nice.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love Some Kinda Gorgeous. I stopped wearing foundation about a year ago because my pores get clogged, but I don't like those mineral powder foundations because they look too, well, powdery. I am a very fair complected redhead, and this color ("one shade fits most") is perfect. I can see it looks a little dark when I first apply it, but when I blend it, it becomes invisible, but leaves my skin with an even, smooth finish. I look like I have great skin. I use a wedge sponge instead of the round sponge that comes with it, for a better application. I had tried Benefit's You Rebel, and like Some Kinda Gorgeous, it's "one shade fits most," but I found You Rebel looked too dark on my skin tone and I returned it. I think I've found the perfect foundation with Some Kinda Gorgeous. It's light and sheer and it makes my skin look great.

on 11/15/2006 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have pale ruddy skin, and thought that I needed a full coverage foundation to even out my skintone. Tinted moisturizers just never did the trick. So imagine my surprise when I tried this "un-foundation" at Sephora, and it made my skin look flawless and natural. Unbelievable. I love this product. The cream dries to a fine powder, but doesn't look powdery (you know what I mean). My new favorite.