benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

on 10/7/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First of all, I truly thought this product was a concealer and not a foundation. Oops! That said, I'm writing this as a review of this Some Kind-A-Gorgeous as a concealer so here goes:

This is one of those products that I purchased while on the line to pay for other products at Sephora. Those little items for ten dollars and under--well, I'm a sucker for them! Anyway, I had purchased this thinking it was a concealer. It went into my stash of products and was left unnoticed and forgotten........
Now that the Fall is here and I've changed up my makeup in anticipation of cold weather--you know...replacing powders with creams--blah, blah, blah....I re-discovered this! Normally, I had been using BE's. "Well-Rested" as a concealer, but now that it is dry skin season, I've gotta put the powder away till next Spring.
My erase paste is hitting pan so I figured I would try Some Kind A Gorgeous out. WOW!! I was impressed. Those bluish areas in the corner of my inner eye--right next to my nose are gone. Covered! Viola!
Sweet. I'm happy. I did not give this five lipsticks b/c I truly did not realize it was a foundation so that is minus a lipstick for me.
The price was ok on this b/c I got it for $10.00, however, the regular price is not so cheap, but then again, a little goes a long way. Packaging is very good. I did state that I would repurchase--I'll tell you it will be between this and Erase paste and this may win out b/c it isn't as thick as EP. We'll see.
I do recommend this as a concealer because it does conceal very well and it goes on nice and creamy without dissappearing.
Nice product!

on 3/9/2009 6:20:00 PM

I use this product as a makeup BASE, and then as a finishing veil after all my makeup is on. It provides a lovely velvety base for any foundation, and as a finisher, if you just LIGHTLY go over your makeup, you get a flawless, gleamy ---but not shiny---look. I don't use its applicator ---just my fingers, so that I have total control of how much or little I want to apply.
I don't like the product as a "full coverage" make-up; it doesn't last through the day. I agree about the expense, and I think that with Serious Skin Care's HydraPixel, you can achieve the same or better coverage with a product that lasts a whole lot longer.

on 6/25/2007 11:51:00 PM

Ok...so i intially went to BENEFIT looking for eye primer...This is one of the items I ended up buying...I was thinking (OH NO I BOUGHT FOUNDATION.....) I dont ever use foundation. I dont like the foundation look. I use PF mineral loose powder, suncreen and cold cream on my face. I would consider myself having very ideal so foundation was uneccesary EXCEPT for the face I do have rosacea. I AM GOING thourgh IPL treatment and it has helped but this is for ONE of those days.....long story short. I LOVE IT. MAKES MY SKIN DEWY. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought this for a 'no foundation' look and got a foundation look! I mean I'm very pale but this stuff is too white for me to spread all over my face. It looks dark in the compact (which is cute by the way) and it has a nice consistency but I just can't use it as an all-over foundation.

Sooo, I use it as an eyelid primer (dry skin, oily nose) and a lip primer over an spf lip conditioner and it really works lovely. Sometimes I use it on my nose to mattify oiliness too.

Would I repurchase? Nope. But, then again, I won't use up what I have even if I live to be a hundred.