benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.7

on 1/24/2010 8:11:00 PM

I bought this product as part of the Benefits Bestsellers To Go set. I was pretty disappointed in this product. It is too thin and greasy to be a "foundation faker" or a concealer. I have fair skin and it is a bit too dark as a concealer. I wouldn't even bother to try it as a foundation alternative....it is too sheer.

I do not recommend this product, though the packaging was decent.

on 12/18/2009 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this a lot. I'm on my second compact now. It's sheer, which is what I was looking for, and the term Benefit uses, foundation faker, is accurate imo. Sheer coverage, silky smooth feel on the skin, good colour match on my face anyway. It was also recommended to me by a SA in Shoppers as a light coverage that wouldn't settle the fine lines of my 53 year old face, and it doesn't! I use a wedge to apply, and blend, blend blend. Gives me just the evening out of my skin tone I need, with the nice dewy, not shiny, finish I want.

on 12/11/2006 9:51:00 PM

Just shoot me. I can't believe I'm about to write a glowing review of a BeneFit product, much less a BeneFit foundation. I have tried items from this line off and on since its inception, and I've never found a winner. Until now. I got a sample of this foundation as a swap extra, and I tried it one night before bed just out of morbid curiousity--just to see how truly god-awful it was. I poked it with my index finger to try to ascertain its consistency--was it gooey, a clumpy gel, nasty, viscous cream...what sort of horrible mess might BeneFit have concocted this time? I settled on applying it with my Armani Blender Brush and stroked little, hesitant swipes across my NW25 cheeks. Hey, this stuff doens't suck! In disbelief, I loaded up my brush with more foundation and applied a full face of the stuff. The consistency was a smooth, creme to powder with a gel-like, silicone slip. It blended like a dream and the coverage, while light as air, was absolutely lovely. I even used it on my pernicious dark undereye circles. My whole face looked like my skin but better--smoother, more even-toned and glowy. I tried it the next morning, sure that it would turn green or blue or orange after a few hours' wear, but ten hours later my face still looked flawless. I can't believe it. I'm going to have to buy this product--this BENEFIT product! Maybe only the full-size product sucks? I'll let you know. Update 12/18/06: I bought the full size yesterday after burning through my deluxe sample. It's still perfect on my skin. I actually took it off the day I bought it to try the new GA "Shaping" Foundation, and I couldn't wait to get my Some Kind-A Gorgeous back on that side of my face. It's so natural looking. I'm hooked.