benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.4

on 1/8/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually like this. Don't use too much, if I do it makes my skin looks old :-(
But when I use a blending brush and blend it, it looks really nice. I have the color medium and I am an nc20/25. I said yes to if I would buy this again but i'm not sure.

on 12/4/2010 11:19:00 PM

I tried to like this product and I think I gave it a fair chance. I hit the pan, something I rarely do, but I seemed to hit it very quickly as there isn't a lot of product. I didn't like the greasy/creamy feel of it and it didn't look natural on my skin. It left me very oily and I felt like I needed extra powder to counteract that which only turned it into a cakey mess. Also, I'm very careful about washing brushes and sponges but this one had a bad smell no matter what I did to it. Overall it was a fail, but the package is cute.

You can add me to the list of people who initially loved it, esp. with a "skunk brush" application, BUT low and behold, I also started developing these strange dry patches! Again, never had a dry patch on my face EVER! SO, I dunno.??? I wanted this to work out for me, but I guess not.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading reading reviews I tried a sample of this. Seems either people love or hate it. I loved it! My skins doing awesome these days so it was perfect. Not greasy, just flawless finish. Not at all heavy, like wearing no foundation but a beautiful airbrushed finish.But....and here's the oh so disappointing thing, it made me break out!! So much for thinking I found the perfect "foundation" But hey it might work for someone else?

on 8/22/2009 7:57:00 PM

Got this as a sample originally, am now on my second full-size one. Originally, I was skeptical of the 'one-color-fits-all' thing but it matched me perfectly! I have oily acne prone skin, and this gives the same sheer effect as a tinted moisturizer but with less sheen. I sometimes follow up with colorescience spf powder to tone down the shine and add spf. I think this is probably best suited to a normal/ combo skin type- it might not be matte enough for the oilier gals.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

The sa made me up with this in a store and I bought it.....fool that I am. Coverage is so sheer it's not really foundation, it's like a very transparent tinted moisturiser and a greasy one at that. I didn't like this at all, after about an hour my skin was shiny and starting to itch. I'm rarely allergic to stuff but this was just cloying. I think money would be better spent on either a decent foundation OR a tinted moisturiser to suit your skin type. This product doesn't quite know what it's purpose is.

on 9/9/2007 10:45:00 PM

I absolutely love love LOVE this product. I love to wear Bare Escentuals, but was finding I wasn't getting enough coverage with a powder foundation. A friend of mine suggested this to go UNDER bare escentuals, and to my delight, it works beautifully for this. (I do use only one layer of BE over top of this) I've had mine for 2 months now, and I've bearly made a dent, I find it doesn't take much. Some days, I use it alone with just the tinyist bit of blush and some lip gloss when I want the minimalist look or I only have time for a 3 minute makeup routine. I find it smooths my skin (a huge problem for me) and looks fantastic over top of Dr Feelgood. It's expensive, but again, I'm using so little that although it's a large initial layout, I think it's worth it. I've had no problems with orange skin, and this just kind of MELTS into my skin and most people don't think I'm wearing foundation at all. I have medium skin tone, and wear BE Medium number 3 if that helps anyone to make a decision. Definately try it at Sephora or a Benefit counter before you buy, however.

I can't believe I'm in love with a Benefit "foundation". I passed this by so many times at Sephora and at my counters because it looks soooo greasy. Well, a wonderful MUAer sent me her Sephora deluxe sample cus I wanted to try it out so much (because of 2muchstuff's persistance). Well after a few days of trying it I ran out and bought a full size of it. It's wonderful for me. It goes on creamy but drys and feels powdery on. Doesn't feel greasy at all! The only thing that's not the greatest is the applicator it comes with. It's not bad, but could be a little better. I would definately (and will) repurchase. Price isn't too bad, $26 USD. OK, now I need to duck from the flames I'm about to get lol.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best base I have ever used! I use this with a foundation brush and I look like I have been airbrushed! I have pale Irish skin and am very oily in the T zone, prone to breakouts and red and sensitive on my cheeks. This feels like nothing is on my skin, its oil free and doesn't clog my pores. I stay matt looking all day and need to blott far less often. It doesn't gunk up in my fine lines and realy fills in my acne scars. With out makeup my skin looks nasty, when I wear this strangers tell me I have beautiful skin.I love this Makeup!!!