benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.2

on 10/22/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm actually writing a good review of this! I bought it on a whim because I remember liking it eons ago. Now that I'm well-versed in foundations...I still like it.

I have standard light skin, and the "Lite" shade matches me perfectly, no small feat. Maybe because of the little pigment. It's a neutral light shade, and as long as you don't put tons on it shouldn't be ghostlike. Medium was definitely too dark for me.

It has moderate coverage, and as long as I put moisturizer (Shiseido) on my dry spots, it doesn't look flaky. I do have oily skin, though. I had a shine at the end of the day, but I always do. But the shine didn't make it cakey-looking. I applied it with a dry Sephora sponge (I don't like the sponge it came with).

The only bad thing is that at the end of the day my face felt greasy, even though it wasn't. Not sure what to make of that. And it was a little hard to blend.

Overall, I will definitely use, but probably not as much as my Skin79 BB cream, which is closest to my HG.

on 11/23/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a small version of this at Sephora and liked it so much I bought the regular size.

I can see where younger people might not like it, because it may be a bit oily for oily skin.

For me it is perfect, goes on like a cream and sets quickly to a dry finish. Very smooth.

The only problem is that it doesn't last long and wears off quickly. I'm going to try it with a finishing spray and see if I can get more life out of it.

It is very light and smooth and at least on my skin gives a great no makeup look. Not like any other product I can compare it to.

on 2/4/2013 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok I have given it a high rating but wouldn't buy it again, why? I have combination-dry skin and would def not use it as a foundation. I felt a layer on my face and I hate that feeling, hence never wear foundation.
But I used it to contour (attempt to contour) and I like the way to blends and disappears. The cream to powder feeling.

The MA in hongkong are clueless about my med-deep skin tone and only know how to push product. Anyway she sold the darkest shade (available) as a contour cream......

As a contour cream I love the texture and feel but it doesn't contour my nc43 skin tone, because its only a wee bit darker than my natural tone. It needs to be more dark to give it the shadow effect. i think Some Kinda Gorgeous in this shade only gives me a subtle shadow/contour but i like the Posh Spice (Vic Beckham) contour look, so,...

Most annoying. Infact when she sold it to me I don't even know it was just a foundation and not a contour cream. Stupid me. I think I would love it if this was one more shade darker and gave me some real contours.
EDIT: I have now learnt that foundations and matte bronzers CAN/ARE used for contouring, so ignore above remark.

on 1/13/2013 9:30:00 AM

Well, its a nice foudation, it looks good and nice. Has ligth - mediun coverage, does not blend well with the brush. Better aply it wiyh the sponge and fingers, and honestly It transfers a lot... to my cell phone, to my shirt, to whoever i kiss. The packaging thou, is gorgeous.

on 1/8/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually like this. Don't use too much, if I do it makes my skin looks old :-(
But when I use a blending brush and blend it, it looks really nice. I have the color medium and I am an nc20/25. I said yes to if I would buy this again but i'm not sure.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most natural foundation on me. Fortunately it is a perfect color match for my skin. It give me a natural even matte look. I love it but it runs out so quickly and it is so expensive. It starts off cream then sets matte/powdery; medium shade is great for my oily NC25/30 skin. I always have a backup.

on 6/8/2012 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh, wow did I hate this product! First, I have this issue with Benefit's "One shade fits all mentality" on their skin toned products. I am fair and this was not only way too dark (although the consultant swore it would work for me), it was also way too yellow/orange for my more neutral skin tone. You also have to pack this on to get any coverage even sheer/light and they don't give you much more than a "delux sample" amount of product for the price. All in all? Way too expensive for the result. Won't buy again and don't recommend.

on 1/28/2012 3:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I totally forgot owning this. I ordered it when there was only 1 shade fits all; not true. I had no memory how it was; quess I tried once. My skin is now in pretty good condition; bit uneven, minor redness. I put Diorskin Nude Glow complexion enhancer 001 (apricot tone) over moisturizer to even skintone. With same brush Sigma F80 I started buffing this very creamy thing into skin. At first it seemed to not cover anything. Took more to brush and started buffing and buffing.. Finally it gave enough coverage for me. But my dehydrated-combo skin looked very greasy and about a shade too dark. Maybe Nude Glow under played a part. I used Stila Illuminating powder fndn in 20 watts to set it and make it look lighter. 20 watts is very light and odd shade imo. And I didn`t remember owning it either:). I was organazing my stash. With the Stila on top it looked better and wearable. Lasting power was ok, about 8h without touch-ups. I`m not that impressed. It`s not great or bad just ok. I probably forget it again.

on 3/1/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is strange stuff. It looks like a cream but when I touched it it turned into a liquid, I thought how did they do that. I've only used this once and I can't stand the thought of putting this on my face again. It applies greasy, which I thought it will eventually set...it never really does and it is SUFFOCATING on my face, I could'nt wait til the end of the day to wash it off. I will never repurchase this again.

on 2/23/2011 4:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so glad I bought this with a gift certificate, and didn't waste my own money - but I still feel angry and ripped off months later! I like most Benefit products, but this one is SO bad. I was amazed by the lack of color choices, but the packaging was so cute. When I tested it on my hand, the medium looked very orange, but I thought that was the store lighting. It wasn't.
It feels so greasy when you first apply it, and it's supposed to dry to a powder-like finish. My skin is normally dry, and this stayed in a greasy consistency. It doesn't really stay on enough to cover anything, the more I tried to reply, it just smeared off the first layer. I have good skin, and this made it look odd, instead of enhanced. I'm keeping it because it was so darned expensive I'd feel guilty tossing it. If you want a creamy foundation, go to Max Factor Pan Stick. It's been around forever and really gives a lovely finish.
ETA: I have sensitive skin and have never had a foundation sting and almost burn so much after application. You could really feel there was something laying on your skin. I had to wash it off after the first hour.