benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It took me a while to figure out what a "foundation faker" even is. Then I tried it one night (it came with a box set I got from BeneFit) when I wanted to snap a few pictures for Facebook and didn't want to waste some of my more expensive foundation just for that. The coverage is so-so, but I couldn't get past the smell. It has a heavy, foul, chemical smell. It felt greasy and heavy on my skin. Between that and the vile smell, I couldn't wait to get it off my face.

First let me say that if you have given this a bad review you either were not using it correctly or didn't realize that this product is not a foundation but a foundation faker. If you have any texture or have acne, scars then this would not be the product for you. If you have normal skin this is the perfect product!! This is very simiar to the cover-ups of the 1940's and 1950's. As you can see from the pictures the ladies looked gorgeous and I'll tell you why....the product is a buildable product that you want to always start out with moisturizer. If your anything like your Grandma then you know how important this step is. If you skip this step with ANY skin type you will age more quickly. It is the key to beautiful youthful skin and make sure your moisturizer has SPF. SPF in makeup is not enough protection you need a moisturizer with the spf in it. So after you have put on your moisturizer than you will use your middle and ring finger to swipe a small amount out of the compact. You will need to go in circle sweeping outward on the face. Use as little as possible you will feel how far it spreads out. Now wait. About 20 seconds later your makeup has adjusted to your skin type and can you believe how flawless you look!!! Make sure you set this with a powder....remember powder should be darker not lighter than your skin if you want to look NORMAL. This is a trick that all makeup artists use! Use transulent if your scared of the color you will be amazed at how natural and flawless you look. Add a little brozner to the corners of your forehead and cheeks....you will look like a FOX!! I hope this helps someone....this is my favorite product out there and it is a miracle worker in a compact!!

on 12/3/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is total garbage. It looks natural when you use it, but does not stay on more than 2 hours. Also, you can use the entire product up in no time. I would not suggest it to anyone.

on 5/20/2008 10:23:00 AM

I have many different foundations. You name it: cream, powder, fluid, stick, mmu, even tinted moisturizers. I rotate between one and other depending on how my skin is feeling and what kind of look I'm after. MMU is my favorite, but it is somewhat time consuming (tap, swirl, buff at 8 am, having to leave at 8.30 am and with a further whole eye, cheek and lip makeup to finish? ugh!) and TM don't cover well my skin imperfections. I thought BeneFit SKAG would lie somewhere between my most adored GA Designer compact cream foundation and a TM.

Debefit comes in a cream compact form (that resembles an old record player) with an additional compartment for a sponge (btw: the one that comes in the compact is crap!). I believe it has a mirror, but don't quote me on that. When I first tried it I didn't like it (didn't cover at all and the product felt really greasy) and put it up for swap. But after sometime I decided to give it a try.

And now I must say I kinda like it. I prefer to apply with my MAC 190 (it works better than the skunk brush, since it picks up more product) and then buff it with a buffer brush (lately I've been loving the huge body buffer brush that recently came out with the skinsheens) on which I sprinkle MUFE High Definition Powder.

When applied with the 190, it gives you sheer but uniform coverage; a little more coverage than with my regular LM TM. And although it's true that when you rub the brush onto the SKAG it seems greasy, I haven't experienced more shine or greasiness than I get from the GA Designer compact, or the fluid one. Def. better than with TM. And believe me, I tend to shine and therefore hate it! I think that using the body buffer brush sprinkled with loose powder helps. I also blot during the day (but not any more often than I'd do with other foundations)

I'm not giving it a 4 lippie rating yet, let's see how it keeps on working. But, so far, I do think I'd repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. On my NC35 (for reference), it matches perfectly. I have oily skin (but I skip the moisturizer during the day and I wear a oil free sunblock) and it wears beautifully. It covers any redness that I have (especially around the bottom of my nose) and just leaves my skin looking flawless and natural. And a little goes a long way here, you don't have to glop it on to get even coverage. I think that the name and the packaging is cute too.
Another winner from BeneFit for me!

on 4/16/2007 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was also pleasantly surprised by this product... rec'd as a sephora sample & placed in my desk drawer. completely forgot it was there... until i left my small makeup bag at home... and saw what i looked like that day. i'm not big on foundation (i spot cover w/everyday minerals and a concelear brush) so i wasnt expecting much... and i have to say... the texture surprised me (it feels greasy at first but it's dry upon application) & i was surprised the color was perfect for my light/medium dryish skin... i dont usually like a powder finish but this feels very smooth almost silky. i've had no reaction... altho did notice a few flakes between my brows which are often somewhere i havta be a bit careful about. the light coverage (think tinted moisturizer sheer) and the light feel... is perfect for someone who wants a lil evening out w/out much work/effort.

i'm not sure i'd love or use the larger compact, i like the portability of this lil sample.

on 12/14/2006 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have the sample size of it. I love it on my dry, NC25 skin. It gives me a real airbrushed look, and I don't need powder over it cos it doesn't budge (I hate powder!)