benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 30-35
benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Benefit is such an innovative brand with the cutest packaging!! The packaging of this product is a white compact with a picture of a record player on the front and is honestly just adorable. The product is a smooth, velvety consistency that goes on with a matte finish. People on MUA have been saying that it is shiny, but on my oily skin, it comes off fairly matte. It gives fantastic coverage and blends into almost any skin tone (there is a light version and a dark version. You might want to test out which one blends best for your particular skin tone if you're undecided). The key is, of course, blending. It evens out your skin tone and actually makes my skin softer. I would NEVER use a brush with this product because a brush doesn't really pick up a cream product or blend it. The sponge that comes with it is excellent and good for about five uses, but you might consider buying some extra sponges. They blend this product perfectly. I take off a lippie because the price...........is HORRIBLE. It is definitely NOT worth over 30 dollars. If I were to price it, I would put it in the 15-20 range.

on 6/16/2008 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is just so darn cute -- isn't that how we end up buying so many products? I keep this in my bag for touchups. It covers up the midday redness around my nose and mouth, and it's good for brightening up around your eyes once my makeup has started fading. But I *have* to set this with powder (I use MAC's blotting powder) or else it slides right off. I have an oily T-zone, and most creamy products get me shiny pretty quickly, so that's nothing new. Since I only use it for touch-ups, this container will probably last me forever. I might buy it again once I run out, but probably not. I'm sure there's a better touch-up out there that doesn't need to be set with powder.

on 11/28/2007 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best stuff I have ever used. It is much better if you apply it with a foundation brush rather than using the enclosed sponge. You can control your coverage easier. It goes on in a banana like shade but seems to transform into something wearable! People have commented on my skin because it looks more polished and less made up. I found that it lasts fairly long if you use a brush. I wear it everyday and it has lasted me over three months now. It is transferable however. I guess that's the sacrifice for having smooth looking skin. It is also the only product I have used on my oily skin that doesn't given me acne and it also tones down my shine. Two BIG thumbs up!

on 10/17/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This gave me a nice even complexion, but my face felt greasy. I didn't look shiny per se, but it just felt like a coat of oil was on my face. I typically only use powder so maybe I'm just not used to applying a creme make up to my face. I have oily skin so maybe that had something to do with it as well.

on 3/5/2007 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I saw this at Sephora when it first came out and it looked awful as a tester...dirty, lint was all in it and it seemed greasy. Then I got a sample and tried it, and it's actually has a wonderful cream-to-powder consistency. It magically matches me when I'm light or when I'm tan. It's very matte so you do need a base, like moisturizer or primer underneath but it's very easy to apply (I use my fingers) and it blends in like magic. Love this stuff! (Tacky packaging though.)