BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by age: 30-35
BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.2

Another foundation disappointment from Benefit. It made my face SO oily, settles into pores, and runs all over the place. I adore Benefit cosmetics, but I haven't found one foundation from them that doesn't make my face feel like an oil slick!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I received this foundation in a sample pack from Benefit. Wow, it isn't often that I throughly dislike a product, but for this particular product, IMO, it is God awful. I don't like the color, texture, or finish.

I typically like most things from Benefit, but this was a real miss for me. Not sure what they were thinking when they created this, but it left a lot to be desired.

on 11/19/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG I absolutely hate this stuff! I mean HATE. It is supposed to be oil free but is sooooo greasy and heavy feeling I just can't stand it, and it NEVER sets! No matter how much powder or setting spray, it slides all over the place. Impossible to apply without looking streaky no matter what I use to apply. I bought this for a lighter coverage for casual, minimal makeup days, but for a light coverage foundation "faker", it is the heaviest feeling stuff I have ever put on my face, and I'm an Estée Lauder Doublewear, revlon colorstay, Kat Von D Lock It lover. Settles into fine lines, creases, pools up in pores, greasy looking, greasy feeling, blah coverage, doesn't blend well, sits on skin, never sets, just bad bad bad bad bad. I want to go wash my face just thinking about it!

This is the only Benefit product I have ever bought that I have HATED! I just don't get how this could be good. ( and I have A LOT of their collections and love everything I have ever bought with the exception of porefessional - but that's just "meh" rather than hate)

I have combination skin with some occasional dry patches just above and below my mouth. This product clings like nothing else making these spots look horrendous. The sponge it comes with puts the product on too thickly and does not blend well. it gives me a chalky "cake face" appearance with the smallest amount of product. If you blend it very (VERY) well it can look ok from a distance but as soon as you look at yourself in the mirror you can see the product sitting on the skin, settling into any imperfection.

I have used this on top of porefessional, smashbox primer, bare face and on top of oxygen wow foundation - same horrible results every time. I even checked out youtube to see if I was applying incorrectly.

I will most likely de pot this product and THROW IT AWAY and put something else in the compact which is the only redeeming feature of this product.

I wish I was in the US where you can return products to stores like Sephora but alas I bought the product directly from the benefit website and their response to my feedback was "We have forwarded your feedback to our product development team for further consideration."

on 12/17/2012 10:08:00 PM

This products does nothing it claims. It doesn't blend to match my skin tone, it makes my skin dry and it has zero coverage! I'm not a fan of the sponge applicator, either. It's on the pricier side and the sponge soaks up all the product so nothing gets transfered on you. Complete waste of money...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It took me a while to figure out what a "foundation faker" even is. Then I tried it one night (it came with a box set I got from BeneFit) when I wanted to snap a few pictures for Facebook and didn't want to waste some of my more expensive foundation just for that. The coverage is so-so, but I couldn't get past the smell. It has a heavy, foul, chemical smell. It felt greasy and heavy on my skin. Between that and the vile smell, I couldn't wait to get it off my face.

on 11/26/2012 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Expensive... no coverage, waste of money!

on 9/9/2012 11:04:00 PM

Not a big fan of this product. When I first tried it on, I was amazed by the silky smooth finish and the cream to powder transition. It's like a magic and I was hooked. But after using it for a month, I found myself rarely reaching for it in the morning. And here is why:
- The silky smooth finish failed to impress after a while because I feel like I was putting a big blob of silicon on my face in the morning. It did not feel "light", but rather I feel like my skin and pores are completely covered and they couldn't breath.
- The case is cute but the applicator is very thin and flimsy. After a while, it started to tear and break.
- It smells like crayons
- I found it hard to build up coverage. It offers a light coverage, but every time I tried to build up more, it always ends up looking cakey and greasy.
I never finished using mine (only used about 1/4), and sadly it will remain at the bottom of my makeup drawer for the foreseeable future. I have never been a fan of cream to powder foundation, and I am writing this one off as yet another failed exploration.

First let me say that if you have given this a bad review you either were not using it correctly or didn't realize that this product is not a foundation but a foundation faker. If you have any texture or have acne, scars then this would not be the product for you. If you have normal skin this is the perfect product!! This is very simiar to the cover-ups of the 1940's and 1950's. As you can see from the pictures the ladies looked gorgeous and I'll tell you why....the product is a buildable product that you want to always start out with moisturizer. If your anything like your Grandma then you know how important this step is. If you skip this step with ANY skin type you will age more quickly. It is the key to beautiful youthful skin and make sure your moisturizer has SPF. SPF in makeup is not enough protection you need a moisturizer with the spf in it. So after you have put on your moisturizer than you will use your middle and ring finger to swipe a small amount out of the compact. You will need to go in circle sweeping outward on the face. Use as little as possible you will feel how far it spreads out. Now wait. About 20 seconds later your makeup has adjusted to your skin type and can you believe how flawless you look!!! Make sure you set this with a powder....remember powder should be darker not lighter than your skin if you want to look NORMAL. This is a trick that all makeup artists use! Use transulent if your scared of the color you will be amazed at how natural and flawless you look. Add a little brozner to the corners of your forehead and cheeks....you will look like a FOX!! I hope this helps someone....this is my favorite product out there and it is a miracle worker in a compact!!

on 4/13/2012 2:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I was so super excited to try this. It had great reviews on the benefit website (but then it would!) But I've stopped using it and am giving it away if anyone is interested!
Pros:
-it made my skin loom pore-less; even close up in bright daylight with a hand mirror. . . .no pores!
-The packaging is really cute
Cons
-the colour was awful, just awful on me. I bought the lightest shade (they only have a few colour selections) as I'm quite pale, but it made me look yellow. . . . seriously, I looked jaundiced! Not to be put off (cos I was really digging the pore-less thing!) I tried so hard to make it work.. . . no deal, one of my work colleagues actually asked me one day if I was ill! :-(
-it's no good for oily skin. . . . I looked greasy after less than an hour! Again, I tired to make it work with matte makeup base, milk of magnesia. . . . . no joy.
-It broke me out. . . . pimples! I don't often get pimples; I've had issues with blackheads since my teens, but never crops of pimples. . . . this stuff changed all that. Nasty, ugly pimples!
-It's expensive. . . the amount in the compact is ridiculous for the price you pay

Like I said, I really wanted to like this. Alas, it's just one more product that I've been lured to by the 'hype'/ 'wow' factor that the company have somehow managed to create. Very disappointing! ;-(