benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this in medium and it would be great if I was just a little bit tanner. I don't think they make it any more, so I guess I'll never know if the lighter shade would work for me. I do like the idea of a non-foundation foundation, though. I feel like I got oily quicker with this, though. One other thing I didn't like about this product was a very chemical-like smell, like motor oil or something.

As the reviewer below said, I'm just not understanding the hate for this! I love it and have repurchased twice.
Okay, so the formula is a little confusing - i get that. It feels rather oily, especially if you swatch it with your finger...yet despite that, it's actually oil-free.
I use my SKG in two different ways - firstly as a lightweight, sheer foundation with a dusting of powder over the top to set it (yes, you WILL need to set it, otherwise you will look shiny, regardless of skin type!) and secondly, as a primer underneath another foundation (this helps neutralize my face and eliminate any redness or discoloration and just general seems to make my foundation go on better and lasts much longer.

My one bit of advice to you, and this is what turned me in to a convert - ditch the sponge! Apply it with a stippling brush - I swear you'll see a ton of difference!
The sponge just eats up the product and doesn't seem to transfer properly on to your face at all xo

on 11/17/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is VERY greasy and oily and does not offer very good coverage. I hate the consistency. It's not even creamy--it's oily. I am glad I did not buy the big size. I got it in a trial kit and will not be purchasing it again.

on 7/13/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used this product when I was in my late teens I'm now 26! But at the time I didn't need a lot of coverage as I didn't suffer the same issues I have with my skin now! It gave me a natural looking coverage without being too heavy! I dont think I'd use it now but for someone with clear skin or someone who's a bit younger this could be a really good option!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really know where to begin. If I could give this a zero, I would.

It's a very greasy formula which is really horrible to apply. It feels like applying a thick oil on your skin and it just sort of sits there... until it inevitably slides away that is.

In my oily areas, this actually congealed. This looks horrific, as you can imagine.

It offers almost zero coverage and doesn't build at all. Rather like applying oil to oil... it just melts into a big puddle on your face.

So bad, I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy...

on 5/8/2014 11:21:00 AM

This foundation is terrible. The color matched OK, and I did like that it's pretty portable being a solid foundation in a little pan. However that doesn't matter because the foundation itself is awful. It starts out looking dewy, or possibly greasy if you went heavy, with OK coverage. Then after it dries it makes my face look horribly dry and uneven again. I had just moisturized with Tarte Marajuca Oil and I don't have dry skin regardless so I was unhappy to see how dry and flaky it ended up looking. I tried to save it by adding another drop of marajuca oil and rubbing it into the areas that looked super dry, but it didn't do anything other than completely break down any coverage that was left. I don't know why I keep trying Benefit products. I've hated most of them.

on 11/13/2013 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is one of those makeup product that either you love it or hate it,nothing in the middle. I have oily t-zone but normal on the rest of my face but foundation even if I set it with powder it will look patchy on my cheeks. The coverage is sheer to light. Also for how much you will need to use it,this product runs out quickly making it very expensive to use it on a daily basis. Will never repurchase.

I have a very fair complexion, with oily T-zone and patches of red and flaky skin around my nose. I got the lightest shade of Some kind of gorgeous. I am extremely disappointed with it, as it clings to each single imperfection on the skin , making it absolutely obvious instead of hiding it or at least minimizing it. The only areas where it is somewhat usable are the flawless areas of the cheeks and might work as dark circles concealer if you don't have wrinkles. I found it working better on flawless skin OVER a good primer (I use Too Faced primed & poreless pure). I do not recommend it under any circumstance for skin with imperfections or wrinkles.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Terrible product. It's very greasy, made me look cakey on the normal parts of my skin, and accentuated the dry areas. Not to mention, the medium shade is a tad too orange for my NC25 skintone.

on 7/12/2012 3:54:00 AM

I registered just to review this product as I am very disappointed. I paid 34 euro for this and two weeks later it's almost gone and I haven't used it every day. It is too light you would need to have perfect skin already for it to work. I have tried using it as per some tip I've read in other reviews such as layering it and I still think it's rubbish.

The colour is very light (I bought thelightest shade as I am quite pale) and I had to use it with another foundation to make it work and look halfway decent. Would not buy it again