benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 25-29
benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.6

As the reviewer below said, I'm just not understanding the hate for this! I love it and have repurchased twice.
Okay, so the formula is a little confusing - i get that. It feels rather oily, especially if you swatch it with your finger...yet despite that, it's actually oil-free.
I use my SKG in two different ways - firstly as a lightweight, sheer foundation with a dusting of powder over the top to set it (yes, you WILL need to set it, otherwise you will look shiny, regardless of skin type!) and secondly, as a primer underneath another foundation (this helps neutralize my face and eliminate any redness or discoloration and just general seems to make my foundation go on better and lasts much longer.

My one bit of advice to you, and this is what turned me in to a convert - ditch the sponge! Apply it with a stippling brush - I swear you'll see a ton of difference!
The sponge just eats up the product and doesn't seem to transfer properly on to your face at all xo

on 7/13/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used this product when I was in my late teens I'm now 26! But at the time I didn't need a lot of coverage as I didn't suffer the same issues I have with my skin now! It gave me a natural looking coverage without being too heavy! I dont think I'd use it now but for someone with clear skin or someone who's a bit younger this could be a really good option!

on 1/17/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I rarely give a product only one lippie but unfortunately this foundation just really failed on me. First of all what is this "matches all skin tones"?? Because it sure does not match mine, it was way too dark for me. Secondly, it covers nothing. Maybe if you have good skin this might be great but I have some acne scarring and occasional blemishes so this is a no-no. Why would I want to wear a foundation if I don't want any covarage? Also, this really accentuates my dry areas, making them look twice as bad. I would only recommend this product to people with medium skin tone, even and healthy skin. Unfortunately I fit in none of those categories :(

on 8/2/2010 8:56:00 PM

Due to my mu addiction, I fell into the trap of buying some kind-a gorgeous. I usually don't say this about benefit products, but this stuff was awful! It is advertised as being "the foundation faker" what they should have said was "tinted moisturizer in a pan, that you will go through in a blink of an eye". I hit pan in less than a month and, for me personally, it had absolutely no staying power whatsoever. It also made my skin feel oily, as the product never really felt absorbed or moisturizing to my skin. Overall, it just didn't work for me.

on 2/1/2010 9:12:00 AM

This is the very first foundation that I really love. It goes on smoothly, has a nice silky feeling when applied and covers decently. Great!
Two things that annoy me about it. Firstly, after using it daily for only a fortnight and always with a foundation brush (!) I've already hit the pan. I hope it will last me another 4 weeks. But still. Because, secondly it is expensive. 30 Euro for a product that will hopefully last me 6 weeks is insane.
I think I will purchase this again, but I'm still hesitant because of the price-performance ratio.

UPDATE 3/15/2010:
I don't know why but I went from really loving it to hating it. Somehow I became paler in the last weeks and it doesn't match my skin any more at all. I have the light shade and it's 3 shades darker than my skin tone and too yellowish. It became greasier over time and I didn't like the feeling of it when applied.

I could have gotten another week of daily application out of it but I'm so fed up that I just want it out of my makeup bag. This makes it last about 2 months which is better than I intially thought but still not enough to justify the price, at least in my book.

The fact that there are only two shades, the high price and the change in texture over time make not want to repurchase.

I am kind of surprised at the negative reviews of this product, but after reading them I understand why.
First, tons of people are making the biggest mistake in makeup application. Never ever use a sponge!! it doesn't matter if the product come with it or it is your own. Sponges soak up 80% of products and harbor tons of bacteria. I understand that some people say the product gets used up fast, it is because they use sponges. Using a foundation brush is much better.
When using a foundation brush, this product goes on smoothly and is easily blended. It makes your skin look dewy and natural, like no makeup. . You don't use a lot of makeup because the brush does not soak up the makeup. 1 compact last me about 3 months, and I use it almost every day. The coverage is sheer. Not a product for ladies who want a little more coverage. Also, If you have super oily skin this may not be the product for you. But for normal, combination, or dry skin, it is awesome!

***UPDATE**
I just started using a stipling brush (MAC 187) and it works amazingly with this product. It doesn't use hardly any product and it make your skin look great.

on 12/11/2009 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Urgh! Another waste of money and another bit of make-up thrown in the ''old make-up box' that I don't want to throw away as it was expensive but prob won't use again. I do have oily skin but the lady at the BeneFit counter said it would be great. It's awful. Its really greasy and when you put it on your face it doesn't go on evenly, it has a really orange tinge to it and it doesn't stay on for five minutes before it's practically running off your face. Really dissapointed and a complete waste of money.

Not a full coverage product in my case because i have hyper pigmentation ...but I LOVE IT ...a little pricey but seems to last be longer than i thought it would ...Makes my skin feel soft and really does not let the shine come through from oil throughout the day...I can also use both colors it comes in.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i really like this foundation it covers well is easy to blend and is pretty long lasting.This is the first foundation i ever bought a second time i loved it so much.i have since changed to a mineral line (jane iredale) but still highly endorse benefit the coverage it just so much better.

on 4/24/2007 4:06:00 PM

I bought this to use on my wedding day for coverage. I typically don't like to wear any foundation type of product ~ but this is different. It does go on softly, but almost changed to a powdery consistency. I do have an oily t-zone and did not notice that this aggravated it. I will prob still be using a concealer that is heavier around my eye area, but other than that, this seems to tone out all my red spots around my lower cheek area. I don't have *many* blemishes to cover so I liked the sheerness of it. *knock on wood!*

The price was $26 at Sephora (and I usually don't like to spend that much for a product that I won't use often) but lately I've been digging benefit stuff, so I went for it. I will probably have this for awhile, so I'm satisfied.

Will buy again.

EDIT:
Ok, will not buy again at all. It's true- after hours of wear, it turns flaky and greasy. Just bad. NOT worth the money at ALL!!!