benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 19-24
benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.5

I have always been slightly obsessed with Benefit, but due to its price and my tight budget I only buy their products about once a year or so. Usually I buy their blushers but decided to try something new so grabbed this.

I actually really liked this product. I have VERY pale skin and often struggle to find a foundation light enough for me. This one was perfect. I apply it all over my face with the sponge, and on areas which need more coverage I go over it again with my fingers. I then apply a little concealer under my eyes and set with powder and it stays there all day long. It looks super natural. I think that this is a very light coverage; my skin is in pretty good condition, but even I need some additional coverage in some place. But it certainly evens out my skin tone as well as making my face feel very soft. I love this product and will always repurchase!

on 1/5/2014 12:26:00 AM

100% one of my beauty must haves! Very smooth and creamy and gives the face a more natural look. If your on the go and just a light foundation that evens out your skin and makes you look almost flawless this is for you. On my days where I just want to do a few steps this my go to. It is probably not for girls with oily acne prone skin but you can try if you like it's just not very matte however it's not super dewy either.

on 7/5/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after being convinced in a department store that it was some kind of miracle! The beautician applied it to my face after commenting how terrible my skin looked. ::how rude:: In the store lighting it didn't look bad on my face and I thought it blended well. Big mistake. I went home and redid my makeup. It looked fine at first but after going outside and looking in my rearview mirror I realized what a dreadful mistake I made. It caked into my pores and made my skin really greasy. the color looked miserable on my skin. It sits in lines and gets more oily hour by hour. I used oil blotters the entire night trying to keep my grease at bay.

on 5/3/2012 9:36:00 PM

when i first tried this product it just felt very stange to me, its a cream but once you blend its a powder formula. i bought this because i had a sephora employee apply this and i fell in love and bought it right away it gave me a nice glow, and looked flawless. once i got home and i applied it the same way the associate did (with a sponge) it looked very dry and cakey, wasnt for me at all. i was quite sad because in the store i loved it. i returned it but i suggest trying it out first. it does have cute packaging though

This was recommended to be by a Sephora employee. I have very pale combination skin that gets oily around my nose. I was expecting a nice match and good coverage from this foundation:

PROS:

- Adorable packaging
- Reasonably good match

CONS:

- Hard to apply
- Small amount of product for a lot of money
- Wears off quickly
- Not very good finish

Bottom line: Would not recommend or repurchase.

on 2/29/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this product for light coverage and OMG it broke me out!!! I wish I hadn't purchased this but you live and you learn.

Terrible. It made my skin so greasey looking and it didn't spread nice on my skin. Don't use the sponge it comes with. When I finally got it to apply decently...it made me pores super noticable. Not my cup of tea. This product is stupid. ha

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I already did a review for the "Light" version of this, and now that I've been using the "Medium" version during the summer, I think it warrants its own review. I still am in love with this product. It glides on so smoothly and blends so easily that it's a dream to work with. I use the included sponge still, just like with "Light," and it works fantastically. It matches my light tan perfectly, too, so it just looks like I have to-die-for skin instead of a foundation mask. This is both a pro and a con. Luckily, after years of treatment, I've gotten my skin clear, smooth and manageable, and it doesn't need much coverage, if any. If however you're looking to cover up scars, redness, etc., this product probably isn't for you. Another con is that the product is really easy to fly through, since it's so soft and creamy. It will also melt quite quickly if it gets too hot. Overall though this is a huge winner for me - perfect lightweight coverage, amazing application, and portability all in one.

on 6/29/2011 11:24:00 AM

I bought this quite some time ago and I just rediscovered it. I read the reviews on here and then decided that I may as well just finish it up. Wow. I actually love it. The coverage, while sheer, is exactly what I've been looking for now that my skin is behaving a bit better (touch wood) and it is somewhat buildable. I use it over my Tarte Clean Slate primer and it applies beautifully. With a finishing powder I find that I hardly get greasy at all compared to every other foundation of mine. I still blot and powder half way through my day but I don't HAVE to. I find the finish to be very matte. The biggest downfall is the price for me, I seem to go through this product far too quickly to justify what I pay for it. Also the regular shade only works for me in the summer when I've got a deeper skin tone. I realize that there is a "lite" version now but when I bought it I think it was this or the darker shade.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay! I am not impressed with the packaging! But omg I do love this product, I can't believe all the negative reviews, this is so amazing to me , it feels great and covers good without even looking like you have foundation on!!