benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

on 6/8/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Much like Bo-ing! I find this product too oily and think on your skin. Good coverage but I find it almost impossible to not look cakey wearing this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Easily one of the worst foundations for oily skin that I've tried. I got this in a set in the shade Medium, which from the pan looks rather dark and orange for my yellow-olive, NC25 skin, but I suppose that doesn't matter, because it offers very little coverage. Texture wise, it's initially thin and very greasy. Once applied, it dries to a finish that is powdery and yet still feels slippery; it doesn't exactly set but rather sits on top of your skin. I used to think that Maybelline Fit Me was the oiliest foundation out there, but this definitely broke the record. Because of the texture, I have to use a TON of powder to set Some Kind-a Gorgeous; this keeps the product in place, but it feels heavy and just plain gross. It may work for dry-skinned individuals who already have fairly even-toned skin, but I'm quite the opposite of that. I almost always try finding alternative uses for products that I don't like, but this may very well go into the garbage bin unfinished.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this product in a sample size from the cabana pack!! It felt really light on my skin and it was easy to apply!!! It felt kinda like a balm!!! I have really olly skin and it stayed put all day also it didn't look to greasy which I did expect!! This foundation didn't cover up my blemishs but did make them a tiny bit less prominent!!! It is quite pricy but worth it for a treat!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Patchy, sits in pores, oily, no coverage, waste of money especially with the tiny amount you get.
It oxidises and gives a horrid dapple effect on my skin after an hour.
Wouldn't recommend it repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have such a like/hate relationship with this product. Being one of the few higher-end impulse buys I've ever made, I almost feel like I'm just trying to convince myself it's a good product. My shade is in medium, which is a bit dark for me but is fine in the summer and also because the coverage is light. The texture of the product is definitely a cream that dries down into a powdery finish. When Benefit claims that this is a foundation faker, I think it's actually a fair claim. The semi-powdery finish does make it look like you're wearing some kind of perfecting product on your face but it feels and looks reasonably sheer. Oil control is not great at all but it feels weird to set this with powder because it already has a powdery finish.

Overall, I think this is something to put on your face when you want your skin tone to be evened out without a foundation. I somehow managed to hit pan on this product in a month by using the sponge included. If you want to save some product use your fingers to apply because the sponge just eats up the product. I wouldn't repurchase because at this price range you can buy great sheerer coverage face products that have better oil control. While I think it somewhat lived up to its claims, I would only consider this product if the price were brought down to $15-20 continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A truly terrible product! oil free yet greasy feel on skin. coverage = 0. Product ran out for me in 3 weeks. So an expensive product in that respect. I love the retro packaging but if your looking for a quality product, don't part with your pennies on this one.

I will not be repurchasing x

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product about a year ago when I had bad acne thinking that the creamy consistancy would cover up all of my blemishes. I used to applicator it came with and I was very disappointed.Since then, my skin has cleared up, so I tried using this foundation the other day and haven't stopped using it since. Instead, I used a stippling brush and stippled it all over my face, concentrating the product on any scarring and I loved the finish.

I was really suprised to see reviews saying it wasn't at all for dry skin. When I use it, my face does wind up feeling like a greaseball when normally it doesn't, so I have to make sure that I set it with powder. For me, it leaves a really natural, dewy finish. The only problem is that it doesn't adjust to my skin color as the claimed. It stayed about a shade darker than my skin and as it oxidizes it seems to darken a bit more, so I have to follow the foundation down my neck as well.

Overall, I probably would get it again if my skin stays clear and doesn't need much coverage.

on 9/26/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is just awful. It made me so greasy and it just wouldn't spread on my face. The sponge it coms with is no good. This is the worst and weirdest product I've ever tried.

on 8/13/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently was in manchester shopping and I went in Dedenhams, while I was strolling thru a girl approached me from Benefit asking if I heard of benefit, I went over and thought I would try it out! She introduced and her name was kate she was so helpful nice and friendly, I tried dome lee lee after she said I seem like her and I loved it, I told her about my skin condition and what I wanted out of my look as I'm a makeup freak and I'm very fussy I ended up leaving with Laugh with me lee lee which is now my favourite perfume, firmology which is amazing and plumping on my face, some kinda gorgeous which has an amazing silky coverege which isn't heavy on my skin and very light weigh erase paste2 fantastic! Then I filled out a vip card and and I was booked back in 4 weeks late when I went and bought sofia perfume and some creaseless eyeshadows and dr feelgood again with kate! I am booked back soon and I always go with kate she's a true make up artist who generally helps me and know what I want! I also love debenhams new refurb its amazing inside! I do recommend for you guys to visit kate at benefit counter,debenhams, manchester, its also the biggest benefit counter I have ever seen!!! Xx

on 6/29/2010 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love it, but ......Keep in mind it provides very light coverage (which is what I was looking for)
I guess some of the bad reviews are because people expected better coverage.
It feels oily when you touch it but it doesnt feel oily when you apply. and it hasnt broken me out or anything