MAC Cosmetics Hypereal [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Cosmetics Hypereal [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

on 6/30/2009 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is too much glitter in this foundation, I look like a big oil slick. Unless I'm going clubbing, I would not use this foundation. It broke me out like all MAC foundations and I feel tacky with glitter foundation. I guess in the right occasion, I can use it but the oil in the formula will bar me from putting it on my face again. As well, this foundation slides right off my skin. Sorry MAC.
Forgot to mention that there is zero to low coverage with this foundation.

on 3/26/2009 2:14:00 AM

What happened to this - is it discontinued? I loved it, but thought it should have diff packaging- the glass cylinder caused me to lose a decent amount of product. Also I think it went bad after a year. My face started to burn, but I hate to blame MAC. Anyone with a similar experience?

on 12/3/2008 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hated this product. The glow turned into a pearl glaze on my oily skin and the coverage is non-existent. Just did not suit my skin type or need for a little more coverage.

on 12/3/2008 3:08:00 PM

I was amazed on how sheer this actually is. It applies just like a tinted moisturizer. The finished look is a sheer healthy glow. It doesn't seem to want to come out of the bottle, and takes forever to get enough foundation out for application. Still searching for my hg mac foundation!

on 11/13/2008 8:20:00 AM

This product does give a pretty glow like it promises. The coverage is a bit weird. If applied lightly it looks like a nice tinted moisturizer, but if you try and build to a medium coverage it looks all flaky and weird. Not too sad that MAC discontinued this one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use to use this as a teenager. The iredescent foundation attracted me and I thought "how cool that would look on my skin". I got a few colors, I think it was 400 and 500 and I bought my friend 300 (I wear nc30). I do like the sheer cover it gives but I have combo oily skin and foundations w/ iredescent and shimmer are a no no. My friend who has dry skin, absolutely loves it. It's not a bad product but it's more for normal to dry skin w/ little blemishes or none. One of MAC's better foundations.

on 10/1/2008 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

So NOT good for me.Very low coverage,too oily for my oily skin and when it drys the tiny sphers in it are like rubles on my skin

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love it for when I have a bottle tan in the summer!

I probably wouldn't use it in the winter, though... probably only a good foundation in the bronze shades.

Definitely gives a glow to the face!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am sorry to say that I did not like this foundation, and I did have high hopes for it. In the quest to find a good replacement for my beloved and disc. Lancome Ultra Confot, I thought I would give this one an audition, lol, and sadly, it didn't make the cut. It has this weird pinkish shimmer through it, and havin yellow toned skin, this is not a good thing. I got it in NC300, as I am NC30, and the SA said that the NC400 would be too orangey, which is true, but alas, the 300 was too light and is very beige toned, which does not suit my skin at all. It has a weird coverage, light and sheer, but the pearly shimmer was just too much for my liking, and it just kind of sits on top of the skin, I prefer my foundations to really blend in with my skin, so as to look as natural as possible. So no, this was a disappointment in many ways, but at least it did not break me out, as the MSF liquid did.

on 8/14/2008 2:19:00 PM

I’m Asian with a NC 30 color. Hyperreal reminds me of Lancome’s Age Lifting Foundation, except that it has SPF in it and it doesn’t have a strong perfume odor, which is why I choose it. It’s creamy in texture, which makes it especially easy to blend and it doesn’t streak the way its buddy MSF does. I definitely appreciate that as I tend to be more on the dry skin side, with a little oil in certain areas. This also doesn’t make your face flat and dull, rather, there is a slight luminous factor to it. So far, it does the job. I like to switch off between this one and Lancome.

Avalon Vitamin C SPF moisturizer
Primer (Monistat Chafing Gel)—still debating if this is it.
Shiseido Concealor Stick to cover below eyes, side of mouth and nose
Apply HyperReal Mac Foundation where needed (or all over for the under skin luminosity)
NYC Pressed Powder in Translucent using my 182 buff brush from MAC
Apply Smashbox suntan matte bronzer in areas that sun would hit using 187 brush or powder brush (this bronzer is perfect since it gives color without shimmer)
Apply blush and contour
Finish off with Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil (doing this after everything literally gives the look like there is a veil over your face. You could see the colors of the blush, but it’s almost floating underneath the mineral veil and not just sitting on top of everything.