no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Holy grail. I have extremely finicky lips. They’re always dry, and it doesn’t help that I’m a picker and always have to pick the dry skin off. I’ve tried Burt’s Bee’s, O’Keefe’s, Nuxe Reve De Miel, Jack Black, Rosebud Salve, Dr. Bronners, 100% Lanolin, Nivea, Eco Lips, First Aid Beauty, and the list goes on, and on, and on. Nothing else compares. The only other thing that works for me is the Laneige lip sleeping mask, but honestly it doesn’t even work as well as this does for me. It’s cheap, effective, and accessible. It feels great on the lips, not too glossy but not too thick. If you’ve tried everything short of this, try this. You’ll probably love it.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

I have collected over 200 lip balms, glosses, sticks, etc..and I must say this is my absolute favourite of all of them! I love the lightly moisturizing consistency! it goes on easy under colors and doesn't give that waxy feeling. it's great to wear to bed and when you wake up you don't have that gross stale sticky feeling all around your mouth.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown

HairBrown

EyesBlack

6 years ago

TRADING IN MY BURT'S BEES FOR LYPSYL! I absolutely love this!, Goes on smooth and provides so much moisture! I was hooked after the first try. When I used it I had just lost my burts bees chapstick and this was one of the balms that caught my eye because of its oval shape. My lips were coated in dead skin and Its exfoliant properties helped me remove my dead skin from my lips and they have been soft and kissable since ;) I LOVE IT.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

This is my all time HG lip balm! I love it! I have been trying so many, have been so dissapointed until I bought this. A highly moisturizing lip balm with beewax, shea butter, vitamins A and E, different flavors. I love the original and mint one. It really mositurizes lips all night long, all day long, there is no need to re-apply it for many hours, not like other lip balms. I have tried Eucerin, Lysol, EOS, Burts Bees, etc but none of them was mositurizing, even worse - I felt like they are drying out my lips even more. I will always keep buying this as it's my # 1 lip balm. My 2nd option is Dzintars lip balm that is made in Latvia, Europe.

About reviewer (563 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

My absolute favorite lip product! Makes lips shiny and healthy looking. It's glossy, but not sticky or gross feeling. And the mintyness is definitely a plus :)

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

11 years ago

I love the minty taste and cooling feeling to it. It is very moisturizing. No annoying residues. It looks a pale tan color in the tube, and goes on clear. I don't mind the bigger size than general lip balm, but the little sliding bee fell off in a week. Will definitely purchase again when I'm out.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Fair

HairOther

13 years ago

This is a great inexpensive lip balm. It sells for CDN $1.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart, and the sale price is usually around $1.50. It's not offered at Wal-mart for some reason, so other retailers may not sell Lypsyl. I only use this at home b/c it's not that moisturizing (my lips get super dry when I'm outside). Still, it's okay for the price I paid for it, and a decent alternative to Blistex or Chapstick. The ingredients aren't listed on the back of the package, but it does say the lip balm contains "natural beeswax and quality emollients." I was going to give this 3 lippies, but then I thought it deserves another lippy just for its convenient stick form. I plan on trying out Lypsyl's Aloha lip balm next. <b>EDIT</b>: When I reviewed this product I was looking at a new package of Lypsyl mint. But I've noticed that an old packaging (well, I only bought it this summer so it's a <i>few</i> months old) of this lip balm does contain the list of ingredients. So here they are: PETROLATUM, PARAFFIN WAX, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, DIMETHICONE, OZOKERITE WAX, GLYCERYL STERATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, BEESWAX, FLAVOUR, METHYLPARABEN.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinCombination