L'Artisan Fragrances Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.6

on 9/3/2009 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

After reading the reviews, I am really surprised. Well, surprised that more people donít like it and a little relieved at the same time. For whatever reason, I find that most of my favorite frags seem to be rated in the low three lippie range at best. I like LíArtisan Vanilia and I like vanilla frags in general. Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille and Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande are two of my favorites. That said, LíArtisan Vanilia is definitely different. Itís not overly sweet and the amber opening is a tad smoky, as others have noted. The overall feel on my skin is a hushed, creamy ylang-ylang and tonka bean thatís grounded and warmed by what evolves into a delicate, skin amber (more the I Profumi di Firenze Ambra del Nepal variety vs the darker, resinous amber of Ambre Sultan). The notes from the LíArtisan website include ylang-ylang, nutmeg, clove, vanilla and sandalwood. I personally donít get a lot of spice from this, and Iíd venture to say if you like amber, ylang-ylang and (unsweet) vanilla notes, youíll likely be pleased with the sum of its parts.

on 2/13/2003 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this Vanilia fragrance, it's BEAUTIFUL. Not sickeningly sweet as some Vanilla fragrances. This perfume is spicy, sweet, and soft. It's a very very pretty fragrance, and I love it, just HAVE to have it. I received this as a sample from Aedes, and know that the sample is not going to last very long.

on 2/13/2003 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this scent! A very nice vanilla that is very different, an almost smoky scent to it! I wasnt sure about it at first but it totally grew on me! The only problem is the cost (whew, $62 for small bottle) and it doesnt last that long! Disappointing but very unique, sensual scent!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample of this and was quite surprised. At first I didnt think it smelled like vanilla at all. But as it grew on me I began to love the soft smoky unique fragrance! I totally love it and am going to spend the outrageous sum on it!

Popular Fragrances