L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

3.5

on 11/21/2014 4:04:00 PM

Starting to review but lost my password and under my new name mua was not able to transfer any of my reviews so adding them here. I found a sample of this liquid gold vanilia in a winter purse and I my heart is breaking it is discontinued----wow what a delicious fragrance. It has such an incredible balance of flowers, vanilla and musk and in my opinion makes it such a winning fragrance, not too sweet but with enough sweetness and warmth I would have called this fragrance my hg for winter. I find this fragrance has no sour notes, no harsh opening of bitterness like some other vanilla fragrance such as Victoria secret's Vanilla Lace (which I love the body lotion) more than the spray. Anyway not to depress those who also adore this scent I also find the drydown to be so yummy and the fragrance actually lasted 5 hours with just one spray. How did I ever miss this one--what a shame.

on 1/21/2011 6:16:00 AM

HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE! Why did I only discover it now?! I'm not even a vanilla fan. Thank goodness I was still in time to buy probably the second last bottle left in my country. A dusty, inedible vanilla that is almost equally strongly an amber scent (though a very translucent amber), with an absolutely delightful non-fresh sappiness also (ylang-ylang?), a scent combo I've never, ever come across. So rare to find a not-very-sweet vanilla, and one with added interest that's NOT just random cinnamon-ey spiciness? What a treasure. I would bathe in it and smell of it always if I could. Someone at L'Artisan seriously needs a good head-reading, to discontinue this and give us the very vile Vanille Absolument? For SHAME.

on 9/3/2009 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

After reading the reviews, I am really surprised. Well, surprised that more people donít like it and a little relieved at the same time. For whatever reason, I find that most of my favorite frags seem to be rated in the low three lippie range at best. I like LíArtisan Vanilia and I like vanilla frags in general. Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille and Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande are two of my favorites. That said, LíArtisan Vanilia is definitely different. Itís not overly sweet and the amber opening is a tad smoky, as others have noted. The overall feel on my skin is a hushed, creamy ylang-ylang and tonka bean thatís grounded and warmed by what evolves into a delicate, skin amber (more the I Profumi di Firenze Ambra del Nepal variety vs the darker, resinous amber of Ambre Sultan). The notes from the LíArtisan website include ylang-ylang, nutmeg, clove, vanilla and sandalwood. I personally donít get a lot of spice from this, and Iíd venture to say if you like amber, ylang-ylang and (unsweet) vanilla notes, youíll likely be pleased with the sum of its parts.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I first started my perfume obsession about a year ago, this was one of the first samples I ordered. I instantly liked it (even with my then-virgin nose) and was surprised. I fully expected to dislike it due to it's smoky and grown up vanilla descriptions. At that time I was going more for reference than finding a wearable perfume. I happily used up my sample but never ordered more. When I got Perfumes: The Guide, I was shocked to see that it was rated 5 stars, but not shocked that there was no reference to smoke or a grown up vanilla. I had to order more to remember and am glad I did. I completely agree with the candlyfloss description and that it is best rocked with a sunburn and loud music. I will replace the banana float with a beer, tho. That description for me was spot on.

on 5/28/2008 6:41:00 PM

Well I'm definitely in the minority here. Was anxious to try this, but all I personally got out of it was a soapy musk. Uhh...vanilla? Not. Perhaps a slight hint here and there, but this overall was a no-go for me.

on 6/29/2007 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This vanilla scent is super woody at first. The woodiness does calm down after about 10 minutes, but is still too present and overshadows the vanilla. I don't smell any of the smokiness some described, which I would have liked. It's more like wet wood and vanilla.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a tiny decant of this and I have sure enjoyed it. I just don't know if I like it so much to pay the price for a full bottle of it, though- I need to be picky now. This is a very pretty, quiet, sleeper "skin scent" type of vanilla that is smoky and woody. Not foody at all, not too sweet. I know that term skin scent gets used a lot, but this surely seems like one to me, without being a musk fragrance. Very nice. I may break down and buy a big decant.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I heard this was a "grown up vanilla" so I was expecting something really delicious. I was so wrong. I am so thankful I sampled this first because all I smell is smoke. No lie. I detected no vanilla whatsoever. This is smoke in a bottle. UGH.

L'Artisan
Vanilia
is the most unique vanilla based fragrance that I know of with a
fresh, powdery and sparkling feel like no other I've tried. It is
just so light and tender, a description that sounds completely
feminine I know, but some guys could definitely pull this one off.
This one is very unique and I love it. It has a very slight
medicinal metallic edge that gives it a unique bite, but is a very
subtle fresh way. There
is a note in there somewhere that smells like a hotel pillow, but it
blends nicely with the other notes. It is also
the only strong vanilla fragrance I can recall of having a fairly
strong smoky note. Does it have tobacco in it? I can swear that I
smell it in there. The musky dry down is very nice as well. I know
it sounds strange but all of these strange accords together really
works. It does take a little getting used to, but it really smells
great. It wears very transparent and seems to fade away in just a
few hours, so longevity would be my only complaint.

Notes:
vanilla bean, wild orchid, vanilla flower, spices, amber

continued >>

Initial spritz smells sweet, vanilla-fruity-floral. But that sweetness doesn't last long - maybe 5 minutes at the most. It quickly becomes deeper, warmer, smokey-vanilla. Definitely not a foody, vanilla candy fragrance. Nice for fall and winter, I think. It's soft, no sharp edges. And it's sexy. Not young, innocent, clean, light. I'm not sure if I will buy this again because I'm not really a smoky-fragrance lover, and there's so many other fragrances I like more...although I must say that this really isn't bad! The longer I'm wearing it, the more I like it!! Definitely something very sexy about this fragrance.