L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.7

on 9/6/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I keeping wondering to myself where's the vanilla whenever I test this, it's buried deep somewhere by the amber and overly sweet ylang ylang. Definitely smells like a 1978 creation, not something for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Occasionally, I like to add a "comfort" quality to my spicier perfumes without disturbing the composition of the "lead" spicy fragrance. I figured Vanilla would be a sure way to do this, but had a hard time finding one that I actually liked and that would not "re-arrange" the lead scent. Enter L'Artisan Vanilia... It is abso-perfect for layering under my spicier scents like Organza Indecence. While I would not wear L'Artisan Vanilia alone, it will certainly be a mainstay in my collection as the perfect compliment to many of my fall/winter perfume faves.

on 8/8/2007 11:11:00 PM

I tried a decant of this first (as it's not cheap - obviously LOL), and fell in love! Now, I will say I'm a vanilla lover (and a lover of foody frags too), but this is not foody, yet it is comforting and sexy all at the same time. I would say that this is my sexy vanilla - something to wear on a nice night out, but also yummy enough to wear everyday (and not overwhelming for those around you either). It is a wonderful combination of vanilla and smokiness that smells absolutely amazing (with a touch of woods thrown in). On me, the lasting power is excellent and only a spritz or two is good enough to last all day. I bought the whole bottle, and I'm not sorry! A new fav of mine too!

I love this scent. It's warm, not too sweet, slightly smoky, just beautiful. A very soft and comforting scent. My only gripe is that it has rather poor staying power (but at the same time, I think it contributes to its light, weightless feel). For me, the most beautiful scent I've come across.

on 6/29/2006 7:26:00 AM

This smells as if somebody baked a vanilla cake, coved it with a huge pile of dust, and stuck in back into the oven untill it burned. Then shoved it up my nose. Then charged me AU$250 for it.

Spicy! It's vanilla with an edge. In the beginning, Vanilia is greener than most vanillas, keeping it from becoming nauseatingly sweet. The greenness doesn't last, however, and then it's spiced-up vanilla milk. If L'Artisans lasted longer on me, I might be tempted to buy a full bottle. But I don't love it enough to just look at it on my dresser, because what would be the point of putting it on? It's gone within the hour.

This scent is addicting! I love the smell of natural vanilla, but most vanilla-based fragrances are foody and cakey and I don't like it.
Many of those are also clearly artificial. They smell like tha liquid vanilla flavour you put in cakes or they smell like candies.
Vanilia is different. At the beginning is almost fresh and green with a metallic edge, then smoky tonka bean and after 15-20 minutes all the vanilla power comes out strong and quite sweet, but always with a vegetal quality.
It becomes quite heavy, maybe not so pleasant in hot weather.
I'm wearing this scemt these days, because I have some vials and thinking about buying it for spring, even if it's more of a dark type of scent.
Not everyone appreciate it, some say it's overwhelming, others say that they barely smell it if they come close. It really depends on teh nose you have!
I can't stop smelling myself when I wear it, till I feel stoned and addicted! After that I feel a little overwhelmed, but in a good way.
I took off a lippie because, as for many L'Artesan, it has poor lasting power, especially for that price.
Edit: I'm a sucker! Vanilia is not perfect! It becomes too smoky and rubber after a while!

on 2/17/2006 7:22:00 PM

I love Vanilia! I'm not a big fan of vanilla fragrances (they often remind me of the vanilla essence we use to flavour cakes). This one is so different, it's a warm smoky-sweet vanilla. The balance is perfect, not too smoky, not too vanillic. I love this perfume because it's not obstrusive and can be worn all year long. The drawback is that it lasts only about 4 hours on me, then nothing...gone! But I will definitely repurchase another bottle when I'm done with mine, it's so worth it! love it.

For about 60-90 minutes, this is my HG vanilla scent. In the first hour or so it borders on being too sweet, but then a wonderful--but very subtle--warm, smoky floral vanilla emerges that I just adore. And then it's gone. Can't decide whether a full bottle is worth the investment for that hour of perfection.

on 1/19/2006 5:40:00 PM

Three words: Vanilla Carpet Freshener.

Popular Fragrances