L'Artisan Fragrances Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

4.3

on 1/21/2011 6:16:00 AM

HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE! Why did I only discover it now?! I'm not even a vanilla fan. Thank goodness I was still in time to buy probably the second last bottle left in my country. A dusty, inedible vanilla that is almost equally strongly an amber scent (though a very translucent amber), with an absolutely delightful non-fresh sappiness also (ylang-ylang?), a scent combo I've never, ever come across. So rare to find a not-very-sweet vanilla, and one with added interest that's NOT just random cinnamon-ey spiciness? What a treasure. I would bathe in it and smell of it always if I could. Someone at L'Artisan seriously needs a good head-reading, to discontinue this and give us the very vile Vanille Absolument? For SHAME.

on 9/6/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I keeping wondering to myself where's the vanilla whenever I test this, it's buried deep somewhere by the amber and overly sweet ylang ylang. Definitely smells like a 1978 creation, not something for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am picky when it comes to vanilla fragrances, but this one is very high on my list! Not TOO sweet, like Casmir (which just grew sweeter and sweeter on my skin), but still definitely vanilla. This, and Crabtree & Evelyn's Vanilla are my two favorite vanilla fragrances.

on 8/13/2003 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Warm, musky and very sexy. This one is YUMMY!

on 2/23/2003 11:34:00 AM

The first time I tried this fragrance, I was in Barney's and the salesperson mentioned that she knew I would love it and that it was a little spicy. I didn't believe her, because I usually don't care for spicy scents, but let her spray it on me anyway and left the store. As I walked around with this fragrance on, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It's the most fantastic warm spicy vanilla scent ever. I loved the amber notes in it as well. I wound up returning, and buying a bottle. It's been one of my favorite spicy vanilla scents for the past 4 years! Btw, I also love sweet vanilla fragrances (like CSP), but this one is nice for variety.

on 7/25/2002 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

2018**** Sadly, this is now discontinued**** Why they would discontinue one of their most popular fragrances is beyond me. Luckily I was able to grab a few bottles before it became insanely priced and only available on Ebay.

Love,love,love this fragrance. I can wear this any day even on those days when you feel you just can't handle much fragrance. L'Artisan Vanilia is a sophisticated and decidely different vanilla. This is a good fragrance for girls that really are not fond of heavy fragrances. It is one of those you can wear almost anytime and it's never overwhelming to you or others around you.

It is nothing like most vanillas which I find nauseatingly sweet.This one contains the vanilla bean, the flower from the vanilla(which is really an orchid) and amber. This is a very nice vanilla based fragrance whether you love vanilla fragrances or not. The amber softens the sweetness of the vanilla & brings some warmth & depth to it, and the flower makes it a very distinctive. This one is not quite as long lasting as some other L'Artisans which surprised me, because normally vanilla lasts forever on me. I am more than happy to reapply this beauty late in the day.

Also, this is a wonderful one to layer with others and it is by far the best vanilla available to my nose. It is nothing like the syrupy, sweet CSP's. If you can't take vanilla because of their sweetness, get a sample of this one, you may change your mind, it is not your normal vanilla. Michelle Pfeiffer wears this one and it is her favorite according to her interview in In Style Magazine. I would say she has excellent taste.

Popular Fragrances