L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

2.7

on 5/2/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A few years ago the L'Artisan saleslady in New York gave me about a million samples of this. It was clearly 'the one' perfume for me. I was looking online to order a bottle only to discover it's been discontinued! Does anyone know where I could still find a bottle, either in store or online?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I first started my perfume obsession about a year ago, this was one of the first samples I ordered. I instantly liked it (even with my then-virgin nose) and was surprised. I fully expected to dislike it due to it's smoky and grown up vanilla descriptions. At that time I was going more for reference than finding a wearable perfume. I happily used up my sample but never ordered more. When I got Perfumes: The Guide, I was shocked to see that it was rated 5 stars, but not shocked that there was no reference to smoke or a grown up vanilla. I had to order more to remember and am glad I did. I completely agree with the candlyfloss description and that it is best rocked with a sunburn and loud music. I will replace the banana float with a beer, tho. That description for me was spot on.

on 6/29/2007 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This vanilla scent is super woody at first. The woodiness does calm down after about 10 minutes, but is still too present and overshadows the vanilla. I don't smell any of the smokiness some described, which I would have liked. It's more like wet wood and vanilla.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a tiny decant of this and I have sure enjoyed it. I just don't know if I like it so much to pay the price for a full bottle of it, though- I need to be picky now. This is a very pretty, quiet, sleeper "skin scent" type of vanilla that is smoky and woody. Not foody at all, not too sweet. I know that term skin scent gets used a lot, but this surely seems like one to me, without being a musk fragrance. Very nice. I may break down and buy a big decant.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

If you want a vanilla that is not vanilla, pick this up. Vanilia notes:
vanilla flower, vanilla bean, amber. This smells like soap on me and maybe a drizzle of sweetness. For some reason this makes my head ache and my stomach nauseous. It is so sickening to me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I could have loved L'Artisan Vanilla so very much. I never got a chance to find out. The scent vanished from my skin within minutes. I love the L'Artisan line. Most of the scents seem to have very good lasting power on me. Well poop!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I so wanted to love this fragrance as I adore vanilla scents and many people had recommended this. Sadly I was very disappointed. I found it intensely floral with a strong background smokey scent which was very unpleasant. Sharp, piercing and not remotely like vanilla. No matter how I tried I couldn't seem to find the vanilla note anywhere. Maybe it's just my chemistry, but I can't imagine ever wearing such an unpleasant scent.