L'Artisan Fragrances Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
No Image

3.7

on 11/21/2014 4:04:00 PM

Starting to review but lost my password and under my new name mua was not able to transfer any of my reviews so adding them here. I found a sample of this liquid gold vanilia in a winter purse and I my heart is breaking it is discontinued----wow what a delicious fragrance. It has such an incredible balance of flowers, vanilla and musk and in my opinion makes it such a winning fragrance, not too sweet but with enough sweetness and warmth I would have called this fragrance my hg for winter. I find this fragrance has no sour notes, no harsh opening of bitterness like some other vanilla fragrance such as Victoria secret's Vanilla Lace (which I love the body lotion) more than the spray. Anyway not to depress those who also adore this scent I also find the drydown to be so yummy and the fragrance actually lasted 5 hours with just one spray. How did I ever miss this one--what a shame.

on 9/6/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I keeping wondering to myself where's the vanilla whenever I test this, it's buried deep somewhere by the amber and overly sweet ylang ylang. Definitely smells like a 1978 creation, not something for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First off...I have never been a vanilla fan. Blame it on The Body Shop's vanilla line way back when in the 80's and 90's, follow that up with the slew of cloyingly sweet vanilla fragrances that flood the fragrance market today. Perhaps because of this, anything vanilla-like in a fragrance just sent me running.

So, you can imagine, that while at the L'Artisan counter positively swooning over Passage d'Enfer and cradling Premier Figuer, I was completely unprepared for the wonderful salesperson to suggest trying Vanilla.

I told her straight off I don't *do* vanilla in fragrance..but she told me that layered with Figurer it gives the fragrance added depth. As long as it is sprayed first and LIGHTLY, I was into it. So..I tried it. Light, and I mean very light application, then a spritz of Figuer...WOW...

Now..I love Figuer all by itself...so I figured, why not try this Vanilla...maybe it isn't so bad after all..I mean, I did buy the 1.7oz bottle. So...this week..every day, been wearing it..and the consensus is...am LOVING it.

Like I have said before, not a vanilla fan..but this vanilla is not overly sweet..it is elegant, it is a bit smoky..but I don't get any "ashtray" vibe at all..and I gotta admit..the amber vibe really puts it notches above any vanilla scent I have tried..with the exception of I Profumi's Ambra del Nepal..I really love that one too.

This Vanilla is classy and wonderful on it's own..plus it does double duty as a base layer for the Figuer..so I gotta give it 5 lippies..very happy I picked it up and gave it a try.

on 9/24/2004 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited when I ordered this. I love sophisticated vanilla scents, but this just smelled like flea dip to me. Horrible. I walked it around my office to get other opinions and to the very last person, everyone hated it. Someone compared it to mothballs. YICK!

on 7/6/2004 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Vanilia is my newest conqest, and I love it! I would have gave it 5 lippies overall rating, but for what I paid, it doesn't last long at all on me, this is the edt. It's not a sugary or woody vanilla, but vanilla with a "edge" of smoke or incense that distinguishes it from all the straight vanilla scents. On the first spray, I was very skeptical and thought I had made a mistake. But, after a while, it settled down to a very exotic, lovely scent. Give it some time when first trying. Definitely a keeper even if I have to respray often.

on 6/22/2004 9:24:00 PM

This vanilla lover loves this L'Artisan. I love the sensual scent of the vanilla flower and vanilla bean. A slight oriental vanilla, the smokiness enraptures and conjures images of winter snow and chimney smoke in a dense pine forest, as well as breezy nights on the streets of Monte Carlo at the height of summer. It is truly a delight in perfume form with vanilla flower, vanilla bean, amber, and spices. The most perfect vanilla in a sophisticated way. Less woody than SL Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, this is sweet, yet smoky in a vanilla and fresh tobacco leaves sort of way. Calming and soothing, this scent is one of the most beautiful vanillas available. Different from any other vanillas I've tried, and I'm a vanillaholic. I first thought this was way too smokey until just two minutes later, when I felt like I was floating on a cloud of vanilla creme brulee. Delicious, but not foody, and so elegant, of course, from this Parisian perfume innovation powerhouse.

A most disappointing vanilla. I want the foody scents this is too musky.

on 12/13/2002 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Next to Tea for Two, this is my favorite L'Artisan fragrance. It's not a sickly sweet vanilla, a la CSP, but very smoky, soft and comforting. The scent stays close to your body and does not overpower the wearer or anyone around. The smell reminds me of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, which is odd, because there are no chocolate notes.

on 4/2/2002 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this scent! A very nice vanilla that is very different, an almost smoky scent to it! I wasnt sure about it at first but it totally grew on me! The only problem is the cost (whew, $62 for small bottle) and it doesnt last that long! Disappointing but very unique, sensual scent!

on 3/27/2002 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample of this and was quite surprised. At first I didnt think it smelled like vanilla at all. But as it grew on me I began to love the soft smoky unique fragrance! I totally love it and am going to spend the outrageous sum on it!

Popular Fragrances