L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

3.4

I can see why so many people love this it is a vey grown up sophisticated vanilla but for me its a little too flowery and smokey, I don't get much vanilla at all. I prefer the dry down in serge lutens un bois vanille more.

on 5/28/2008 6:41:00 PM

Well I'm definitely in the minority here. Was anxious to try this, but all I personally got out of it was a soapy musk. Uhh...vanilla? Not. Perhaps a slight hint here and there, but this overall was a no-go for me.

Vanilia was very pretty, a warm, rich and rounded vanilla. I enjoyed it very much while it lasted. I got perhaps one hours' wear out of it, and absolutely no sillage, even after applying liberally. It is a very nice scent, well worth sampling if your skin holds on to L'artisan frangrances better than mine does.
I would buy it if it were released in an edp form.

on 6/29/2006 7:26:00 AM

This smells as if somebody baked a vanilla cake, coved it with a huge pile of dust, and stuck in back into the oven untill it burned. Then shoved it up my nose. Then charged me AU$250 for it.

on 4/15/2005 12:03:00 AM

A nice floral vanilla, I can see why Vanilia would be popular. It's easy to wear and unobtrusive, just sweet enough, and soft amber promises just a bit of depth to keep it interesting. A thread of orchid flowers weaves in and out of a smoky, subtly musky accord and keeps this vanilla from summoning associations with food-like extract or pastries. My problem with it is that I find it too floral to give me the cozy comfort I associate with a wonderful vanilla. It's nice though and great for layering.

on 3/22/2005 9:20:00 AM

Vanilia's vanilla is refined and soft, with very little warmth, but plenty of character. It's vanilla bean, not extract, with some of the flower tossed in, with a base of amber and spices--not to complicated or demanding, just kind of soft and fuzzy. Good for non-sweet vanilla lovers.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Well, I did not get the "smokiness" that many others did, but I didn't get any "vanilla" either! This scent is not bad, it just has no hint of vanilla whatsoever (at least on me). It reminds me of something I wore in the '80s but can't quite place. Glad I sent for a sample instead of taking a chance on it. For my money, I'll stick to L'Aromarine's Vanille. Sweet (but not overly so) and it smells like VANILLA!

Initial spritz smells sweet, vanilla-fruity-floral. But that sweetness doesn't last long - maybe 5 minutes at the most. It quickly becomes deeper, warmer, smokey-vanilla. Definitely not a foody, vanilla candy fragrance. Nice for fall and winter, I think. It's soft, no sharp edges. And it's sexy. Not young, innocent, clean, light. I'm not sure if I will buy this again because I'm not really a smoky-fragrance lover, and there's so many other fragrances I like more...although I must say that this really isn't bad! The longer I'm wearing it, the more I like it!! Definitely something very sexy about this fragrance.

A puzzling fragrance for me. For a long while, I feel like I am sticking my nose in an ashtray, and then slowly, after about 45 minutes, a deep vanilla starts sneaking in, but it is overpowered by the ash. While intriguing, sexy and attractive it is not. I imagine others would think I was a chain-smoker if I wore it. And yet...I don't know. I feel as if I want to play with this a bit more before I lay down a judgement. It certainly is intriguing. Maybe a fragrance I wear only for myself, when I'm feeling a bit headstrong and impetuous, or a little wild and reckless. It's that kind of fragrance -- makes you feel very dangerous.

I still have to say though, if you are looking for a smoky/incensey vanilla, SMN's Vaniglia is far superior. This is very similar to MPG's Fleur de Commores btw.

EDIT: After some time, I've come to realize that this is a five-lipstick addictive sort of fragrance...just takes some getting used to
And EDIT again: I appreciate this and its composition, but I simply can *not* wear this in public...I get the uncomfortable feeling that people must think I'm a chain-smoking junkie. continued >>

on 1/26/2004 5:59:00 PM

Very disappointed in this fragrance. I expected smoky vanilla. On me, a floral note dominates and I detect very little vanilla.
It's subtle, inoffensive and not a bad fragrance, but I don't like the flowers.

Popular Fragrances