L'Artisan Fragrances Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.6

on 5/10/2009 5:19:00 AM

I had a bottle of this igave away. I LOVE many vanillas but this was just a smoky floral old lady musty dusty vanilla on me, that didnt get any better with time and made me feel like a bowl of potpourri. Really disappointed. Yes it might be more 'grown up' than some other sickly sweet vanillas, but im a grown up and i hate it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

If you want a vanilla that is not vanilla, pick this up. Vanilia notes:
vanilla flower, vanilla bean, amber. This smells like soap on me and maybe a drizzle of sweetness. For some reason this makes my head ache and my stomach nauseous. It is so sickening to me.

on 6/29/2006 7:26:00 AM

This smells as if somebody baked a vanilla cake, coved it with a huge pile of dust, and stuck in back into the oven untill it burned. Then shoved it up my nose. Then charged me AU$250 for it.

on 1/19/2006 5:40:00 PM

Three words: Vanilla Carpet Freshener.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I could have loved L'Artisan Vanilla so very much. I never got a chance to find out. The scent vanished from my skin within minutes. I love the L'Artisan line. Most of the scents seem to have very good lasting power on me. Well poop!!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I heard this was a "grown up vanilla" so I was expecting something really delicious. I was so wrong. I am so thankful I sampled this first because all I smell is smoke. No lie. I detected no vanilla whatsoever. This is smoke in a bottle. UGH.

on 2/23/2005 8:22:00 PM

I found this to be way to ambery and peppery for me, not worth the price IMO. My nose is still itchy after sampling this today.

Opens with an ashtray note, then morphs into the smell of cheap, artificial-vanilla scented candles, like you might find at the dollar store. Maybe it's a chemistry thing, but I did not find this appealing at all.

on 12/22/2004 12:45:00 AM

Agree with what has just been said below, no complexity, no smokiness ala Un Bois Vanille.
Not bad but not great either. In the CSP category vanilla scent.

on 9/24/2004 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited when I ordered this. I love sophisticated vanilla scents, but this just smelled like flea dip to me. Horrible. I walked it around my office to get other opinions and to the very last person, everyone hated it. Someone compared it to mothballs. YICK!

Popular Fragrances