L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.6

on 12/12/2001 8:30:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this fragrance! I received this in a swap and I am completely obssessed by this scent!! It is not boring like plain vanilla but it is warm and enveloping. It lasts all day long:) I have tried all kinds of scents lately, I bought a bunch of samples of CSP from Ebay and promptly paraded myself in front of my hubby, hoping that he would notice how great I smelled but when I sprayed L'Artisan Vanilla, he couldn't stop raving!!! Plus, we have two dobermans and they are in love with this fragrance as well:) They follow me around and try to sniff my wrists. So, if my hubby loves it and my dogs love it -- it's a keeper!!!

on 1/31/2002 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Finally I have found a vanilla scent that is complex and wearable. Until now, I have rejected every one because either they are single note (kind of boring) or TOO sweet. L'Artisan Vanilia is definitely a vanilla scent, but rather than smelling like cake or sugar, it is warm, slightly spicy, and complex because of the amber. When I first sprayed it, I almost smelled a little orange, but then it dried down into a mellow, rich, warm vanilla-based scent. Search is over!

It's comforting and sexy at the same time. Like a smokey vanilla. When I used up my sample I actually found myself craving the smell of it. However, after buying a full bottle I found it too spicy on me :(

on 3/1/2002 1:37:00 PM

I REALLY like this...very soft, subtle, yet sexy and smokey-vanilla scent. MMMMM. The amber and vanilla bean make a great combination...this may be a future purchase. :)

on 3/11/2002 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sweet, sophisticated floral (orchid?), hint of powder. I like it a lot, but I don't love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample of this and was quite surprised. At first I didnt think it smelled like vanilla at all. But as it grew on me I began to love the soft smoky unique fragrance! I totally love it and am going to spend the outrageous sum on it!

on 3/30/2002 3:58:00 PM

I haven't found a vanilla fragrance that I liked until now. Most either smell artificial or burnt or too sweet, or sometimes all of the above. Not L'Artisan's. A little smoky...a little spicy...a little sexy...this is not your kid sister's vanilla roll on. L'Artisan's Vanilia is vanilla for grownups. Wearing this, you definitely won't be mistaken for a bowl of buttercream icing. Which is good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this scent! A very nice vanilla that is very different, an almost smoky scent to it! I wasnt sure about it at first but it totally grew on me! The only problem is the cost (whew, $62 for small bottle) and it doesnt last that long! Disappointing but very unique, sensual scent!

on 5/21/2002 11:12:00 AM

A truly wonderful vanilla .. not cloying .. not foody .. but rich and seductive. I absolutely love this!

on 5/27/2002 8:29:00 PM

I agree with the other reviewers - not to sweet, a more "grown up" vanilla. But, unfortunately iy didn't really last well on me, and at $92 a bottle it's a bit expensive (& disappointing) to have to reapply periodically during the day. So for that reason, I'd give it four stars.

Popular Fragrances