L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

1 review

on 9/3/2009 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

After reading the reviews, I am really surprised. Well, surprised that more people donít like it and a little relieved at the same time. For whatever reason, I find that most of my favorite frags seem to be rated in the low three lippie range at best. I like LíArtisan Vanilia and I like vanilla frags in general. Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille and Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande are two of my favorites. That said, LíArtisan Vanilia is definitely different. Itís not overly sweet and the amber opening is a tad smoky, as others have noted. The overall feel on my skin is a hushed, creamy ylang-ylang and tonka bean thatís grounded and warmed by what evolves into a delicate, skin amber (more the I Profumi di Firenze Ambra del Nepal variety vs the darker, resinous amber of Ambre Sultan). The notes from the LíArtisan website include ylang-ylang, nutmeg, clove, vanilla and sandalwood. I personally donít get a lot of spice from this, and Iíd venture to say if you like amber, ylang-ylang and (unsweet) vanilla notes, youíll likely be pleased with the sum of its parts.

Popular Fragrances