L'Artisan Fragrances Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 30-35
No Image

on 8/8/2007 11:11:00 PM

I tried a decant of this first (as it's not cheap - obviously LOL), and fell in love! Now, I will say I'm a vanilla lover (and a lover of foody frags too), but this is not foody, yet it is comforting and sexy all at the same time. I would say that this is my sexy vanilla - something to wear on a nice night out, but also yummy enough to wear everyday (and not overwhelming for those around you either). It is a wonderful combination of vanilla and smokiness that smells absolutely amazing (with a touch of woods thrown in). On me, the lasting power is excellent and only a spritz or two is good enough to last all day. I bought the whole bottle, and I'm not sorry! A new fav of mine too!

This scent is addicting! I love the smell of natural vanilla, but most vanilla-based fragrances are foody and cakey and I don't like it.
Many of those are also clearly artificial. They smell like tha liquid vanilla flavour you put in cakes or they smell like candies.
Vanilia is different. At the beginning is almost fresh and green with a metallic edge, then smoky tonka bean and after 15-20 minutes all the vanilla power comes out strong and quite sweet, but always with a vegetal quality.
It becomes quite heavy, maybe not so pleasant in hot weather.
I'm wearing this scemt these days, because I have some vials and thinking about buying it for spring, even if it's more of a dark type of scent.
Not everyone appreciate it, some say it's overwhelming, others say that they barely smell it if they come close. It really depends on teh nose you have!
I can't stop smelling myself when I wear it, till I feel stoned and addicted! After that I feel a little overwhelmed, but in a good way.
I took off a lippie because, as for many L'Artesan, it has poor lasting power, especially for that price.
Edit: I'm a sucker! Vanilia is not perfect! It becomes too smoky and rubber after a while!

on 11/9/2004 12:33:00 AM

To be completely honest, not a lot of the vanilla or spice that others have mentioned showed up on me. What I do get is a lot of soapiness. I never thought a vanilla could be clean smelling but this one does! I really like this one but it doesn't last very long.

on 7/19/2004 9:20:00 AM

Very smokey and spicy indeed although I can smell the vanilla note well enough. I know it is one you should play with as it grows on you - it does grow on me the more I sniff it - but I really did not want my coworkers to think I lived in an ashtray. There is nothing girly about this one. I would feel tough if I wore it :)

on 6/14/2004 1:04:00 PM

Like all L'Artisan fragrances, Vanilia is complex and interesting. It definitely is not a typical sugary sweet vanilla. It is a deep, sophisticated vanilla, more smoky and incensey than sweet. I do get the vanilla bean scent if I put my nose directly onto my skin, but most of what I smell is the smokiness and incense. It's a pleasant fragrance, and well-developed like all L'Artisans. UPDATE: It takes a little getting used to, because it's not the sweety-sweet vanilla that's so popular, but this scent has really grown on me. It's such a sensous, deep vanilla, and has its own brand of sweetness in the drydown. A really comforting scent, and one that I would definitely repurchase.

Vanilia is a lovely fragrance I like to wear these days!
I'm not sure it could be my signature fragrance.
I think it's quite a complex scent with simple final effect.
I can clearly detect the vanilla and some nice smokiness - like sweet pipe tobacco - not annoying at all. I can also smell the flowers, very nice!
It's a sweet fragrance, quite strong, even if not so far-range diffusing around you, like many other natural stuff perfumes, still it's not cloying at all unless you wear tons of it in hot weather!
The especially good thing about Vanilia is that you can enjoy a nice vanilla fragrance without that foody/vanillic/plastic horrible smell so typical in vanilla synthetic fragrances that make me very nervous!

on 1/18/2004 3:42:00 PM

I really had high hopes for this one. Expecting warm, smokey vanilla, that's not so sweet, but on me it turned out smelling like sharp green floral with a base of strong musk and just a hint of vanilla... or was it the word "vanilia" still echoing in the back of my head? Anyway, not a pleasant scent and I would not purchase it.

on 10/14/2002 9:27:00 PM

Oh Yes!!! This is my IDEAL vanilla scent! Smokey, spicy and sophisticated with none of the sweet, powdery drydown of most vanilla based scents. Some vanilla lovers my even find this to be a bit much. Vanilla Fields or Dark Vanilla, it ain't! This is some serious stuff. As with most L'Artisan scents, don't judge it until you've let it dry a bit. Beautifully complex and mysterious. This one screams to be worn on those intimate Fall/Winter evenings by the fireside with your S/O or Hubby! If you like Oriental fragrances you will probably love this one. I know I do!

on 9/8/2002 10:22:00 AM

Yet another wonderful fragrance I bought in a sample lot on Ebay. I love this complex, grown-up vanilla fragrance. It is soft and sophisicated. Definitely not like the CSP or L'Occitane vanillas. There is something that holds me back from running out and spending $90 for a bottle, though. I think it may remind me somehow of a cheap perfume I can't place. But that's totally subjective. I will keep wearing it till it's gone. I will also try layering it with CSP Vanilla Amber and Amour de Cacao to see how they balance, interact with one another. Too bad samples don't come in a spray. I find that spritzing my hair lightly makes my fragrances last longer and give me more of a subtle aura of the scent, which I catch more when I move around throughout the day. I feel that I could wear or layer this fragrance for just about any occasion. Beautiful. Funny how our sense of smell or smell "memories" can leave us with such strong feelings about the finest nuances of fragrances. That's the case for me here.

It's comforting and sexy at the same time. Like a smokey vanilla. When I used up my sample I actually found myself craving the smell of it. However, after buying a full bottle I found it too spicy on me :(

Popular Fragrances