Anthony Logistics Glycolic Facial Cleanser

Anthony Logistics Glycolic Facial Cleanser

3.9

on 10/27/2017 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am trying to get away from foaming cleansers, and have been using Cetaphil for a while. I think, however, it is responsible for a flare of eczema under my eye. I have never had eczema on my face (I have it on my hands) and under the eye is especially alarming and painful.
I've tried Avene and La Roche as well as Marcelle and a few others; all reviewed by myself here.
Wanting to brighten an aging complexion whilst not drying it out I searched and searched and came across this cleanser. I am a member of a try & review panel and so received a deluxe sample of this to try.
Before I tried it, however, I did some research. I vetted the product, as it were.
The company does not disclose the ingredients incl on the website and had to go thru review sites to find out what they are. Heavy on the fatty alcohols and high in glycerin. Moisturizing yes, pore-clogging...quite possibly.
Glycolic acid is very high on the list at 4.9%. The pH is not disclosed and when I called the company I got a pretty terse answer "That's for us to know and you to find out." So I did and it's 4.7. Is that low enough for the acid to work? No, as most of the glycolic acid is neutralized after pH 4. It cant brighten, exfoliate...nothing. It contains retinal palmitate and fruit oils that are sensitizing for some. In a lot of cases for me (Im looking at you Ceramidin..) I tried it anyway.

Yes, it leaves a film. All nonfoaming cleansers do with the exception of those with surfactants so gentle they would foam if you use a ton of product. It left this dry, tacky film that occurs when fatty alcohols are combined with a high glycerin content. I got the little welts I usually do when I use a high glycerin product. I don't know why it causes this reaction but it does. I cannot tolerate glycerin. The dry-tacky film is actually drying af. My upper lip sweats when I use this cleanser. It's disgusting. Anyway, for 36 bucks retail, it's a pretty crappy formulation. I have dry/combo irritable skin with large pores, not prone to inflamed acne, just clogged pores and comedonal acne for anyone who wants to know.

on 8/2/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Really wanted to like this. I've been using this cleanser for 3 weeks now and it's done absolutely nothing for my skin. I have to take my makeup off with another cleanser first and then I use this one, making sure to really rub it into my pores. I was hoping this would help get rid of milia and uneven skin, but it did not as of yet. Not impressed

on 11/17/2014 6:41:00 AM

I am a woman who really loves this facial cleanser! I first received a deluxe sample of it from Sephora and had such good results from it that I had to buy the full-size as soon as I ran out!

I have combination skin that is prone to hormonal breakouts. For some reason, using this cleanser feels very soothing and really helps to prevent and treat breakouts. I think the Glycolic Acid in the product really makes a big difference. I think I've gotten used to products with exfoliating particles and/or foaming face washes, but this product has neither and it performs better than many harsher products that do! I think the combination of Glycolic Acid as a chemical exfoliator plus the Vitamin A and E make this really (and gently) effective.

This is a great cleanser to use with the Clarisonic Plus because it doesn't have exfoliating particles in it. The SA at Sephora told me that Anthony Logistics line was originally marketed to men but they've had such success with women that they dropped the "Logistics" part of the name.

The only downside of this product is that the bottle is made out of a hard plastic that makes it really difficult to squeeze out product. I usually turn the bottle upside down while closed to get the product to the top, then open it to squeeze out a tiny bit of product. If Anthony went back to the original soft plastic bottle, that would be perfect!

on 5/2/2013 8:03:00 PM

My husband loves this cleanser. I bought the 32oz with the pump so it's convenient in the shower. It has a light citrus scent like all of the products have, for some reason makes me smile when I smell it. It really cleans his face well, without leaving his face dry.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Not much impressed.
I think is an average cleanser but the negative issue is it's overpriced.
I don't think it's good for oily skin, because its formulation is too creamy and in general you really need to use a cotton pad in order to remove it! You have to be sure to use enough water or tonic to remove it completely.
I have to add that is good also for sensitive skin, even if at first the essential oils maybe annoy you.

on 1/28/2014 9:18:00 PM

I have used this cleanser and so has my husband. I like the scent a lot and the packaging is also good. As far as the product itself goes, it does the job fine. I think it is better for men's skin (especially with stubble) than for women's skin, but it is nice. I would not repurchase it because I was not wowwed by it, but it is still a decent product.

on 9/10/2011 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this cleanser! I was searching for a creamy cleanser that a) didn't have any silicones and b) could remove my (light) makeup and c) wasn't tested on animals. Found! Not only does it do all those things but it has the added benefits of containing glycolic acid and vitamins, helping to smooth out my skin while nourishing it, my skin doesn't feel dry or tight, just clean and smooth and so far no breakouts. Sure it's made for guys, but honestly, how would skin know that? Will repurchase!

on 3/31/2013 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The cleanser has a creamy texture and it does not foam. I really wanted to like it but it was too drying on my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am always searching for a cleanser that will reduce the look of my pores, remove oil and dirt, buff my skin, promote regeneration and remove uneven patches. I know, I sound greedy but this multi-purpose cleanser from Anthony Logistics will cleanse, buff and promote healing. With 4.9% Glycolic Acid; dead skin cells, fine lines and discolorations will be eased away with every wash. With extracts of aloe vera to moisturize and stimulate healing, vitamin A to soften and prevent degeneration of collagen, vitamin C to protect the skin while increasing elasticity, vitamin E to nourish the skin while improving moisture capacity and mandarin extracts to lessen scarring and marks and to tone skin.

It does what it says and it comes in a clean, handy bottle that won't look too out of place when you're on the road with your pals and if you find the cleanser being depleted at a faster than normal rate, you know who to look for!

on 1/18/2013 8:53:00 PM

Disappointing overall. This is a lotion-type cleaner, no foaming or lathering. I did find it to be both gentle and effective, my face always felt clean when I used this. However, because it contains glycolic acid, I expected to see some additional skin improvement like smoother or brighter skin. I saw no change whatsoever, it was like using a basic cleanser. Would not buy again.