MAC Select Cover-Up

MAC Select Cover-Up

3.7

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tea-Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Esters, Lecithin, Polybutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 85, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben Select Cover-Up may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

on 2/19/2017 10:46:00 PM

Shade:
I have the shade NW20 to cover my dark circles (I am very yellow based, NC20-NC25), i find with Mac concealers I prefer going warmer to counteract my darkness. As with most Mac products, great shade range however this can be pricey, but you really shouldn't be using much so the tube will also quite a while.

Coverage:
This concealer is okay, it provides light coverage that I really don't find does much on its own. In order for it to cover my dark circles enough on its own, I need about 3 layers of this product. Very easy to layer though, just takes time that I don't have in the mornings. I generally use this to make my Nars creamy concealer a little thinner and find it covers better. You really do only need a little bit though, so the tube should last.

Wear:
Setting with my laura mercer concealer, I get about 5 hours with this. It does seem to settle into my fine lines even upon application. Definite caution that this can look cakey and accentuate dryness, especially as it wears.

Packaging:
The packaging is definitely a bonus because the tube is very sanitary. My only issues are that it can be difficult to get only as much product out as you need without getting concealer everywhere. It can also be very difficult to get the last little bit of concealer out.

Overall:
Generally if you don't have much to cover this may work for you, but for the price I don't want to have to be layering products. Would not repurchase

on 8/30/2016 3:50:00 PM

I've tried out some color correcting products and for me that takes to much time. This consealer cover up all I need before I put my foundation on. I bought in the shade nw20 and it goes so well with my waterweight foundtion from Mac in shade nc15. They blend together so nice that I really don't wanna do countur anymore:P

on 7/12/2016 12:43:00 AM

My one of the best concealer ever! It only gives me light to medium coverage but I'm so in love with it. It also gives you a satin look which is great cause I can use this as my highlighter in a day I want my face to look as natural as I can. This one is buildable and I have tried build it up to 3-4 layers and it still doesn't look cakey or sink into any pores. It doesn't last so long and your pores will be 60% more visible at the end of the day. Therefore, if you need high coverage, I advise you skip this one. All in all, if you love to look natural like you put on only sunscreen or tinted moisturizer at that day, I suggest you go for it.

on 5/26/2016 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Ive acutually been using this as a full coverage foundation for night time/events as i have tanned skin and always get white flash back with spf foundations and certain powders. This concealer has no spf and i actuall mix it with the new mac waterweight foundation to sheer it out a bit. Its great. Only thing is it sets really quick so work it i with your brush real fast. Concealer wise its good if you have good skin and need light natural finish coverage. But if u needed more coverage ill go for the mac prolongwear concealer 😊

on 5/24/2016 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer is OK, i use it mainly under my eyes, i don't think this has much staying power at all even when set with powder and fix+. That being said that opinion is based off when I went to a funeral and began to cry, when I touched under my eye the concealer came off on my finger. I found with prolongwear even if I was crying heavily it wouldn't budge. I don't recommend this for anyone with acne (at least acne-prone with dry skin) because when I used to cover blemishes it accentuated every piece of dry skin on my face and just made me look flakey. I think if you have oily skin this would be a nice concealer for under eyes. I won't repurchase because it doesn't suit my skin. But I gave the packaging 5 stars because it is nice small tube, the product dispenses easily and it is very sanitary. The only problem would be when I dispense too much I can't put it back in the tube because the nozzle is too small.

Not my favorite concealer. I think this is fine when I use it on its own without any other face makeup. I like using it on days when I don't feel like doing a lot of makeup. I have some acne scarring on my cheek and this concealer covers it up very well, so that it becomes almost unnoticeable unless you look very close. It's also good under my eyes.

It doesn't play that well with foundation, though. Tried it with both MAC foundations and other brands, and it looks cakey and doesn't cover as well. It's a big reason why I won't repurchase and I don't think it's worth the price.

I'm a NC15 at MAC and got this in NC20 (I don't think it comes in NC15) - the color is nice and light. I also love that it comes in a tube (which is a huge reason why I bought it in the first place). The packaging is great.

on 3/22/2016 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this concealer for about 10 years now. I keep trying other products including other Mac concealers but always come back to this. I have dark circles under the eyes and this covers it so well. It doesn't seem to get cakey on me and I find it is the best concealer to use as an eyeshadow base. When I apply as an eyeshadow base I then use a powder to set it and my eyeshadow doesn't move all day or crease. Best Concealer in my opinion! Will probably keep using this for another 10 years.

on 3/20/2016 12:21:00 PM

I LOVE this product. When I ran out and was still waiting for my new tube to be delivered I refused to leave the house. I really love it.

I probably use this product very differently from how most people would, so bear with me.

I apply a thin layer all over my face with a beauty blender - I have a LOT of acne scarring and hyper pigmentation (just finished an isotretinoin (accutane) course) and this is the only concealer I've ever found that conceals the majority of them. I then apply my foundation over the top and the scars are all but invisible.

Pros:
-It's fragrance free
-Doesn't feel heavy on your skin despite being quite a thick, highly pigmented product
-Easy to apply - though you have to work quick as it dries fast (probably why it has such good staying power)
-Excellent staying power
-Great range of shades
-Covers acne, hyperpigmentation and scarring stupidly well
-Can easily control how much product comes out
-In a tube so very sanitary packaging
-Lasts all day/heavy nights out (and I mean heavy) without budging
-Has never broken me out despite having very sensitive, acne prone skin
-Doesn't cling to dry patches

Cons:
-Price, it's a very small tube and it's £15.50. Although in fairness I use a lot more of the product than most people would and wear it every single day. With a more normal use and less often it probably would be excellent value for money, so it depends on what your using it for.
-If you don't use primer and have visible pores like I do, this massively emphasises them and makes them visible at a distance. However with benefit porefect primer (or whatever primer works for you) this is easily remedied.

Have and will continue to repurchase this.

on 2/19/2016 10:37:00 PM

I really like this lightweight concealer. I enjoy a lot of MAC's concealers.
I really like the Mac prolong wear but found it a little heavier and purchase this back for the second time. A lot of concealers tend to crease and show my dry patches or wears off by end of the day.

PROS:
- lightweight
- buildable and smooth
- wide range of colours
- does not feel heavy or cakey
- a little bit goes a long way
- covers well
- stays put throughout the day
- flawless and photographs well
- packaging is a squeeze tube, sanitary and easy to control the amount

Highly recommend!

on 1/14/2016 1:01:00 PM

I'm so glad for this I got it today after weeks of trying with cheap concealers I didn't want to pay 19.00 but its well worth it. This is very thick and doesn't spread well you have to add little at a time and work it in fast it covers very very well better than studio fix concealer and the one in the glass bottle. I'm wearing it now so ill update after a days wear but so far it is covering my undereye bags real good. Plz try this before any other mac concealer this is the best that I've tried from the concealer line with mac.