MAC Cosmetics Select Cover-Up

MAC Cosmetics Select Cover-Up

3.7

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tea-Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Esters, Lecithin, Polybutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 85, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben Select Cover-Up may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

on 3/18/2018 1:28:00 AM

Honestly, this is the urban decay naked skin concealer in a squeeze tube. I loved that one for a long time because it was a medium coverage, enough to cover but not some much you get the mask effect like some *cough cough shape tape* give you. Worth every penny, lasts forever, and is simple and easy.

on 1/23/2018 1:46:00 PM

I've been using this concealer to cover up acne and pimples for years, and I absolutely love it. The tube is very small, but a little bit goes a long way if you use it properly (I apply it with a little brush). I would love to keep using it, but unfortunately I don't have that much money to spend on makeup so I'm looking for an alternative.

Hands down my favourite concealer. Blends seamlessly, doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and covers wonderfully.

Pretty multipurpose as well - I've used this alone, with a variety of other foundations, BB creams, tinted moisturizers, and it lasts. Never creases, doesn't fade until I take it off at the end of the day. Covers everything from my severe dark circles to mega breakouts. I've even mixed a little bit with my favourite moisturizer to make a great tinted moisturizer of my own.

I could see this not working for oily skin, but I've used it without a setting powder on my dry skin and it works quite nicely.

A little bit pricey, but I've used mine quite liberally every single day since I bought it (about six months ago) and I've got about a third of it left. I find the extra money is worth it for finding a decent shade match.

THE. WORST. CONCEALER I HAVE EVERRR TRIED. SO SO SO HORRIBLE. Do NOT buy this

on 2/19/2017 10:46:00 PM

Shade:
I have the shade NW20 to cover my dark circles (I am very yellow based, NC20-NC25), i find with Mac concealers I prefer going warmer to counteract my darkness. As with most Mac products, great shade range however this can be pricey, but you really shouldn't be using much so the tube will also quite a while.

Coverage:
This concealer is okay, it provides light coverage that I really don't find does much on its own. In order for it to cover my dark circles enough on its own, I need about 3 layers of this product. Very easy to layer though, just takes time that I don't have in the mornings. I generally use this to make my Nars creamy concealer a little thinner and find it covers better. You really do only need a little bit though, so the tube should last.

Wear:
Setting with my laura mercer concealer, I get about 5 hours with this. It does seem to settle into my fine lines even upon application. Definite caution that this can look cakey and accentuate dryness, especially as it wears.

Packaging:
The packaging is definitely a bonus because the tube is very sanitary. My only issues are that it can be difficult to get only as much product out as you need without getting concealer everywhere. It can also be very difficult to get the last little bit of concealer out.

Overall:
Generally if you don't have much to cover this may work for you, but for the price I don't want to have to be layering products. Would not repurchase

on 8/30/2016 3:50:00 PM

I've tried out some color correcting products and for me that takes to much time. This consealer cover up all I need before I put my foundation on. I bought in the shade nw20 and it goes so well with my waterweight foundtion from Mac in shade nc15. They blend together so nice that I really don't wanna do countur anymore:P

on 7/12/2016 12:43:00 AM

My one of the best concealer ever! It only gives me light to medium coverage but I'm so in love with it. It also gives you a satin look which is great cause I can use this as my highlighter in a day I want my face to look as natural as I can. This one is buildable and I have tried build it up to 3-4 layers and it still doesn't look cakey or sink into any pores. It doesn't last so long and your pores will be 60% more visible at the end of the day. Therefore, if you need high coverage, I advise you skip this one. All in all, if you love to look natural like you put on only sunscreen or tinted moisturizer at that day, I suggest you go for it.

on 5/26/2016 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Ive acutually been using this as a full coverage foundation for night time/events as i have tanned skin and always get white flash back with spf foundations and certain powders. This concealer has no spf and i actuall mix it with the new mac waterweight foundation to sheer it out a bit. Its great. Only thing is it sets really quick so work it i with your brush real fast. Concealer wise its good if you have good skin and need light natural finish coverage. But if u needed more coverage ill go for the mac prolongwear concealer 😊

on 5/24/2016 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer is OK, i use it mainly under my eyes, i don't think this has much staying power at all even when set with powder and fix+. That being said that opinion is based off when I went to a funeral and began to cry, when I touched under my eye the concealer came off on my finger. I found with prolongwear even if I was crying heavily it wouldn't budge. I don't recommend this for anyone with acne (at least acne-prone with dry skin) because when I used to cover blemishes it accentuated every piece of dry skin on my face and just made me look flakey. I think if you have oily skin this would be a nice concealer for under eyes. I won't repurchase because it doesn't suit my skin. But I gave the packaging 5 stars because it is nice small tube, the product dispenses easily and it is very sanitary. The only problem would be when I dispense too much I can't put it back in the tube because the nozzle is too small.

Not my favorite concealer. I think this is fine when I use it on its own without any other face makeup. I like using it on days when I don't feel like doing a lot of makeup. I have some acne scarring on my cheek and this concealer covers it up very well, so that it becomes almost unnoticeable unless you look very close. It's also good under my eyes.

It doesn't play that well with foundation, though. Tried it with both MAC foundations and other brands, and it looks cakey and doesn't cover as well. It's a big reason why I won't repurchase and I don't think it's worth the price.

I'm a NC15 at MAC and got this in NC20 (I don't think it comes in NC15) - the color is nice and light. I also love that it comes in a tube (which is a huge reason why I bought it in the first place). The packaging is great.