Bath & Body Works Moonlight Path EDT

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Bath & Body Works Moonlight Path EDT

on 6/8/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the edt after falling in love with a bottle of moonlight path bodyspray a friend had given me. At first, I'll admit, I was very upset when I first smelled this for it is different than the body mist. The edt is more floral and the mist is more lavender but now I love both. This is a powdery, floral that is very fresh and great for any occasion imo. I find myself reaching for this alot and will definitely rebuy when I run out. Lovely scent!!

on 3/26/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Re-written 6/29/15: Moonlight Path has been my sister's signature for many many years -- and I've bought her tons of it for her birthday gifts -- but I never wore it myself.

I always preferred BBW's sweeter warm vanillics like Sensual Amber & Cashmere Glow. I generally prefer warm vanilla-based orientals -- or soft fruity-vanillas. Vanilla & musk have always been my favorite notes and the common denominators in my favorite perfumes.

Moonlight Path always put me off because of its cool lavender & violet topnotes, and it was less sweet than my usual warm "brown" liquids. I was thrown by MP's cool aspect and considered it to be the opposite of my favorite type.

But now I'm smelling it totally differently than I did before! By the way, it's now in the 90's and is hot June weather, if that has made a difference.

Moonlight Path actually dries down white-musky! I don't think I ever realized that before. I adore musks! When I'm shopping, I always catch whiffs of the soft beautiful sensuous musky fragrances of my fellow shoppers as they swoosh past me -- and I usually assume they're wearing drugstore white musks -- either Jovan White Musk or Body Fantasies Fresh White Musk (which I love & wear also -- as well as Jovan Original Musk).

Well, it finally occurred to me on Saturday that these great-smelling fellow shoppers might also be wearing Moonlight Path! Tova (which I also love) is a white musky scent containing a lavender note, and I think Moonlight Path might be much in the same vein.

Now, after all these years, I'm finally "getting" and appreciating Moonlight Path. I used the shower gel last night (which smelled beautiful - so comforting & soothing), and I'm wearing & enjoying the EDT right at this moment. I plan to also buy the lotion soon and maybe the mist. I am now officially very *into* this fragrance, and I want it all.

The drydown is soft, musky, sensuous, calming, serene, and soothing. It's a quiet, soft, essentially white-musky scent, I think -- and now I finally understand why my sister has made it her signature for so long. I've really been missing out!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this for my grandmother as it's long been her favorite BBW scent, but I occasionally borrow it because it's so dreamy, hazy, and elegant. Moonlight Path is, IMO, perfectly balanced: Lavender, not overpowering as lavender often is, because it's tamed by an almost silent woody not. It has just enough musk to give it a skin scent quality, like it belongs on your skin. So, it is primarily a lavender fragrance, but gentle and unique. Though it has some violet, it's muted by the musk and lavender, which is good for me since I don't like the scent of violets.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A hazy lavender and woody scent that's fitting on older women and unexpectedly old-fashioned and sexy, like a corset, on younger women. It's not as strong as some of the other BBW EDTs and stays very close to the skin, lasting about 12 hours. The bottle is just beautiful.

on 10/7/2010 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I initially really liked this when I tested it at a local BBW store. I used a few times and thought it was okay. However, instead of getting compliments, my friends would ask whether I put on baby powder -_- I don't know if it's my body chemistry not working with this scent or what, but yes.. I have gotten multiple comments about baby powder on multiple occasions. I really wanted to like this EDT - the name just sounds so pretty! But it's not working for me, and I don't think I will be repurchasing this item again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I realllly like the smell of this fragrance. Its light and clean, and the smell lingers with you throughout the day. But, i got one or two comments saying it smells like a old lady. lol so i dont think i would wear it again