Bath & Body Works Moonlight Path EDT

3.6

on 2/23/2016 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

OK, I need this in my life every single day! I absolutely love this! It is so warm and soft, and like delicious cotton sheets warm from the dryer. Simply perfect!!

on 3/26/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Re-written 6/29/15: Moonlight Path has been my sister's signature for many many years -- and I've bought her tons of it for her birthday gifts -- but I never wore it myself.

I always preferred BBW's sweeter warm vanillics like Sensual Amber & Cashmere Glow. I generally prefer warm vanilla-based orientals -- or soft fruity-vanillas. Vanilla & musk have always been my favorite notes and the common denominators in my favorite perfumes.

Moonlight Path always put me off because of its cool lavender & violet topnotes, and it was less sweet than my usual warm "brown" liquids. I was thrown by MP's cool aspect and considered it to be the opposite of my favorite type.

But now I'm smelling it totally differently than I did before! By the way, it's now in the 90's and is hot June weather, if that has made a difference.

Moonlight Path actually dries down white-musky! I don't think I ever realized that before. I adore musks! When I'm shopping, I always catch whiffs of the soft beautiful sensuous musky fragrances of my fellow shoppers as they swoosh past me -- and I usually assume they're wearing drugstore white musks -- either Jovan White Musk or Body Fantasies Fresh White Musk (which I love & wear also -- as well as Jovan Original Musk).

Well, it finally occurred to me on Saturday that these great-smelling fellow shoppers might also be wearing Moonlight Path! Tova (which I also love) is a white musky scent containing a lavender note, and I think Moonlight Path might be much in the same vein.

Now, after all these years, I'm finally "getting" and appreciating Moonlight Path. I used the shower gel last night (which smelled beautiful - so comforting & soothing), and I'm wearing & enjoying the EDT right at this moment. I plan to also buy the lotion soon and maybe the mist. I am now officially very *into* this fragrance, and I want it all.

The drydown is soft, musky, sensuous, calming, serene, and soothing. It's a quiet, soft, essentially white-musky scent, I think -- and now I finally understand why my sister has made it her signature for so long. I've really been missing out!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this for my grandmother as it's long been her favorite BBW scent, but I occasionally borrow it because it's so dreamy, hazy, and elegant. Moonlight Path is, IMO, perfectly balanced: Lavender, not overpowering as lavender often is, because it's tamed by an almost silent woody not. It has just enough musk to give it a skin scent quality, like it belongs on your skin. So, it is primarily a lavender fragrance, but gentle and unique. Though it has some violet, it's muted by the musk and lavender, which is good for me since I don't like the scent of violets.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My new signature scent! I was looking for clean, musky yet feminine fragrance. I looked in high end stores but came out disappointed. All of them were in your face floral that smells like a grandma. ICK!!! So I went in to BBW to get a vanilla fragrance (my 1st fav scent of all) and came across this accidentally. So happy I did!

on 8/26/2011 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have always come back to Moonlight Path after trying other bath and body works scents this one just works for me. It's soft, feminine, romantic, calming, inviting and to those that think it smells "old ladyish" I would rather smell classic, than like a teenager playing grownup with sweet/fruity scents. Sorry but it's the truth. Please continue to keep this scent around.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A hazy lavender and woody scent that's fitting on older women and unexpectedly old-fashioned and sexy, like a corset, on younger women. It's not as strong as some of the other BBW EDTs and stays very close to the skin, lasting about 12 hours. The bottle is just beautiful.

on 10/7/2010 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I initially really liked this when I tested it at a local BBW store. I used a few times and thought it was okay. However, instead of getting compliments, my friends would ask whether I put on baby powder -_- I don't know if it's my body chemistry not working with this scent or what, but yes.. I have gotten multiple comments about baby powder on multiple occasions. I really wanted to like this EDT - the name just sounds so pretty! But it's not working for me, and I don't think I will be repurchasing this item again.

on 12/14/2009 10:25:00 PM

I don't know where is that light clean floral that has a powdery note? I smelled it in a store before and thought it just smelled appalling-like a cheap men's aftershave. Few months later, I bought whole bunch of stuff at their semiannual sales and since body spray was only few dollars decided to try it again, figuring if i don't like it, i can give it to one of my friends or to my mom. Well, it smelled just the way i remembered it-cheap mens cologne. Its not my chemistry because it smells this way out the bottle. It does smell cool and musky but manly at the same time. I asked DH what he thought and he said " i thought this was women's perfume" I told him that it was. He then wrinkled his nose and said that it smelled like men's aftershave and its not something he cared for. To be frank, i'm embarassed to give it away to someone because its that bad. I don't know if its the lavender that kills it for me but whatever it is, its definately the worst of BBW fragrances.

on 9/28/2009 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I hate to give any Moonlight Path product a less than stellar review, but this EDT just did not work for me. I bought the body splash a few years back and absolutely love it. Perhaps this is my "home base" idea of what this fragrance is supposed to smell like. I had a bottle of the body lotion a few years back, and thought it was spectacular. I also had a creamy body wash which was awesome.

Recently, I purchased Moonlight Path EDT as well as a new bottle of the lotion. Well, I applied two spritzes of EDT to my wrists and right away the scent seemed different to me than I had expected. I guess I was expecting the EDT to smell exactly like the body splash but more concentrated. I let the fragrance go through its dry down and applied it again later that day and again the next day. I was convinced that I was not smelling it right or that I needed to give it a chance. Nope. By the second day the scent was actually making me feel kind of sick. I did not get the same scent as I get from the splash. To me, the EDT actually seemed to smell diluted and weaker than the splash and I did not get any of those sweet notes that I love. The EDT smelled weak, flat and powdery and it began to remind me of diapers! -- which was what started to turn me off so much. :( I'm very disappointed because I DO think MP is a really great scent. I love clean musk type scents and I think this scent is sexy and clean. PS. I am also disappointed in this bottle of lotion I recently bought -- it doesn't smell the way I remember my old bottle smelling. I know the lotion formula changed and while the lotion itself IS more moisturizing now, I wonder if it altered the scent.

on 1/26/2009 6:06:00 PM

I love this smell! It's very flowery, which I don't usually like, but with this I do. Not for everyone, but I enjoy it!