Conair Conair Tourmaline Ionic Styler Dryer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

on 7/2/2011 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am so picky and cautious with hair styling tools but I can't justify paying almost $200 for a freaking hair dryer considering I have naturally straight, fine hair and I'm so happy I had the joy of having this hair dryer for 6 years! To be honest, I bought it because of the metallic red colour, it made me happier reaching for it during a grumpy morning. The noise level is average, it comes with a diffuser attachment which is just like any other but it's large so that's a plus. Best part is in ionic release technology! I never even heard of heat protectants until couple of years ago and I could dry my hair upwards and in every motion possible and my hair would still be gorgeously shiny and sleek, with movement, loved it! I moved around like crazy over the years, dropped it on more occasions than I can count and this old guy was going strong faithfully with only maybe 2 tiny scratches on it (I was worried that all that pretty red will be destroyed with inevitable wear and tear but I was wrong). It's finally on it's last breath, still struggling but as always, dries my hair in no time. It is a bit bulky although lightweight but you won't have any trouble maneuvering if you hold it closer to the nozzle, great relief. I've never repurchased a hair drier before and I don't think I want to invest into a T3, one too many reviews mentioned they break conveniently after warranty expires. Unless you have another HG reasonably priced blowdryer and you want to spread the love and message me with the name, rest assured I will be going to my nearest walmart to repurchase it, even if it was still $60 instead of $30 <3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been using a General Electric pistol hair dryer from the mid-eighties up until a couple weeks ago. I rarely used it because I was all about air drying my hair. I hate the way my hair looked after drying, all poofy, frizzie and dull.

I picked this dryer up at the Costco and I still can't get over the difference. Mine is purple and these are the stats:

Ion Shine® Conair Ionic Speed Styler

Features

* Ionic technology neutralizes ions to control frizzness and flyaways
* Infrared heat from a ceramic disk penetrates the hair to dry it more efficiently and prevent heat damage
* 1875 Watts of Power
* High-Torque Motor
* 3 Heat/2 Speed Settings
* Cool Shot Button
* Removable Filter
* Diffuser and Concentrator
* Unit weight: 2.15LB

I cannot believe the results. I have virgin hair in a really short bob. My hair is very fine with a slight wave and I have lots. All I use is a dab of volumizing gel and a round brush. Within 5 minutes I have what can best be described as salon hair. Smooth, shiny, no frizz and full of body.

I guess this "ionic technology" is for real. I can't go back, I won't go back. When this one gives up the ghost I am so replacing it.

Popular Hair Styling Tools