Urban Decay Ultraglide in Deep

Urban Decay Ultraglide in Deep

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Although I love UD Ultraglides, I wouldn't repurchase THIS shade. It's a nice creamy medium pink shade but I never liked creamy shades all that much. It doesn't look bad at all. I just don't like the way it looks on ME. However, like all Ultraglides, great staying power and awesome shine! I just happened to make a poor choice in as far as the shade, but I DO own other ultraglides and love, love, love them!

This shade on me is a very natural and pretty medium pink with a hint of shine - I really love the color. The formula is somewhere between a liquid lipstick and a gloss and is thicker than most glosses but not very sticky. It leaves my lips feeling smooth and soft and I actually like the scent - kind of sweet and candyish. I agree with most of the others on the packaging though - it sucks! I really like the slim tube and the applicator itself has a nice shape to it but they made it out of very cheap plastic. Mine was fine for a few months mostly staying at home, then I had it in my purse pocket for about a week and the next time I went to use it the tip had broken off! Luckily I didn't have too much of a mess in my bag, but I had to transfer the gloss to a pot and it's such a mess to use. So A+ on the gloss itself, but please - put it in a tube more like Lip Junkie or Lip Love, and I'll buy more. Til then, I guess it's sitting at home to be used with a lip brush.

I bought this (and hustle) off the UD website on sale for $5, but it retails for $17. I LOVE the Pocket Rockets, and were hoping these would be similar. Unfortunately, they aren't. The colours are nice, but the gloss is feels quite sticky on the lips. The plastic tube applicator makes its difficult to distribute the product evenly on lips and to shape contours. The product can also leeks into the cap so when I remove the top, there is gloss all down the sides of the applicator end. They staying power is average with no plumping effect. I LOVE the smell of the Pocket Rockets (supposedly creme brulee but more like maple syrup), so I was looking forward to the cinnamon bun scent/flavour. It just smells like cheap candy, doesn't do anything for me. For five dollars I'll keep it, but if I had paid the full price of 17 I'd be pissed off.

on 2/7/2010 10:52:00 PM

MLBB, and it smells delicious.
I think the packaging is sleek and long, and cute.
Nothing's happened to mine yet.
I actually got this for $5 haha!

I like it. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would really like to buy this gloss again, if it came in a different packaging. Mine, like so many others', leaked and the tip broke off in a matter of days. And I'm so disappointed, because I really really liked the color and the flavor of it. It was gorgeous.

So, Urban Decay, 'til next time: better packaging and better staying power. And you have yourself a winner. Please.

I'm surprised at the reviews that said that this gloss was bright, because on me (lips aren't that pigmented).It's MLBB, glossier, and slightly pinker than usual, but not overly bright! UPDATE: the packaging on these ultraglide are horrible! the tip of it almost broke off and a bunch came gushing out.

I love this color - a nice, natural, hint-of-berry. (I have fairly pigmented lips, anyway, on somebody else, it might look bright.) No shimmer, just shine.

It's in a slim squeeze tube - which I much prefer to a wand.

on 5/12/2007 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I hate to write such a bad review. This gloss is fabulous, the color, the scent - but the packaging SUCKS! I have had to return 2 of these because the gloss started leaking out of the crimped end! They need to correct this problem, it can't just be me! So I suggest sticking to Lip Gunk instead. You don't want this leaking all over inside your pocket or purse - trust me on this one!

on 1/29/2007 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have to concure with the last reviewer - I was looking for a nice neutral pink day gloss, and this looked perfect in the tube and when i tried it at Ulta (damn their lights!) I loved it enough to shell out $17 for it, which is too much, IMO. Sad to say, every time i've worn it since i bought it, it goes straight to the dreaded "Pam Anderson Pink" on me - bright tacky hot pink:( When i wear it during the day or at work, i feel very self-conscious, like everyone is staring at my hooker-pink lips. The texture is lovely, so i will try Video for sure, but fair ladies should def skip this one - the only way i can see making it work is on the beach with no other makeup.

I had been eyeing this at Ulta for weeks now, and after buying the gloss in Video and loving it, I finally caved in and bought Deep. It seemed such a gorgeous pink-mauve in the tube, but on my lips came out so much more a bright pink. And the scent...apparently it is cinnamon roll scented, but all I smelled was nasty. I was so disgusted by the scent I don't think I can wear this, and I usually love scented glosses. I think this is going back to Ulta.